Official Cake Chatter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lurkyloo told me to post this.

disney2009137.jpg

Here is the cake we had for our son from AKL at Boma for his birthday a month ago. I believe it was $48.00 total. It was ALL chocolate. You could choose not to have that as the cake, but we love chocolate. Even the face is white chocolate that is hand painted. They said that it would feed 8, but it really could have easily fed 14-16. And it was YUMMY!

disney2009137.jpg

Here is the cake we had for our son from AKL at Boma for his birthday a month ago. I believe it was $48.00 total. It was ALL chocolate. You could choose not to have that as the cake, but we love chocolate. Even the face is white chocolate that is hand painted. They said that it would feed 8, but it really could have easily fed 14-16. And it was YUMMY!

This cake is sooo cute! Did it really taste that good? I'm trying to figure out what kind of cake to get my DD9 for her 10th b-day at Disney. Did it taste frozen or do you think these are made fresh to order? Thanks!:goodvibes

Are they able to make 6in cakes?
It'll just be my husband and I...I don't think the 2 of us would be able to tackle an 8inch and not have a fridge back at the hotel.

Are they able to make 6in cakes?
It'll just be my husband and I...I don't think the 2 of us would be able to tackle an 8inch and not have a fridge back at the hotel.

You could always consider the tiny wedding cakes - they're on the Cake Photos thread, and I think, unless the price has gone up, are 25$. I don't know much more than that. I think they're adorable!

This cake is sooo cute! Did it really taste that good? I'm trying to figure out what kind of cake to get my DD9 for her 10th b-day at Disney. Did it taste frozen or do you think these are made fresh to order? Thanks!:goodvibes

OMG, it was the best. The cake was very moist, and the fudge filling was heavenly. We actually wrapped it up and brought the rest home with us...we drove and had a cooler. We had our choice of choc. or vanilla cake. There were 2 or 3 filling choices, and then the top was the fudge chocolate.

I believe they make it fresh....if it wasn't they had us fooled. I do know that the cakes they have for the VR on the cruise was fresh because a fellow dis-er took photos of ours as it was being made, and then emailed them to me.

Hi everyone,

I need to call and order a cake but I don't know exactly what I want!! Maybe someone here will have a good idea? :goodvibes:

The cake will be a surprise for my family and delivered to our room at the Yacht Club. I have 3 boys, ages 10, 8 and 3. We will be there celebrating 1 year since we met/adopted the youngest from China.

I know I want the 10". I would prefer fondant. Other than that, I don't have a clue??? :confused3:

What would be a good "theme"? Mickey? A castle? Help!

Should it say anything? I couldn't think of any good wording.

If it weren't a surprise I could ask my husband to help me. I can't do this alone! :rotfl2:

Whatever I end up with, I promise to take pictures and post!

Congrats....we are celebrating our youngest's gotcha day next month. We asked him what cake he wanted and he said a Mickey Mouse one just like Max!! Unfortunately, we won't be in Disney for that, and I don't know if I can get a baker in RI to do that. I wonder if Disney ships cakes? Anyone know.

disney2009137.jpg

Thanks for posting!! I have my heart set on this cake at Cali Grille in June for DS's bday. We are MAJOR chocolate cake lovers!! :love:

ok so i need some help. my husband and i are taking my niece to disney on june 23rd for her high school graduation gift. i really want to order a custom cake for her probably at crystal palace. does anyone have any ideas for a cake design or have any pictures of cakes that were done at the crystal palace? the last time i ordered a cake was last year for our 1 year wedding anniversary from the grand floridian to be delivered to narcoosee's and the lady on the phone gave me like no options at all. dont get me wrong the cake was gorgeous and delicious but she wasnt much help so any suggestions would be really helpful and appreciated! thanks!

I've decided on the Flyish Fish for my mom's 50th birthday, which means I'll order a cake from the Boardwalk Bakery.

First question--Will they deliver the cake to the Flying Fish, or do I have to go pick it up?

Second question--My mom loves coffee and chocolate, so I am thinking chocolate cake with mocha mousse filling and chocolate buttercream and/or ganache. As far as decorations, something chocolate and/or coffee themed (maybe espresso beans), nothing cutesy. Has anyone ever had the mocha mousse--is it good? Anyone with pics of cakes similar to what I'm describing?

Has anyone gotten through to the Epcot cake line?

I've been trying since last Thursday, left 3 messages and so far, no return call. :confused3

I'm leaving on Saturday, so I wanted it completed, so I can check it off my list. Is this a normal wait time?

How edible are edible images? :confused3

I've spoken with private dining at Y&B and found out I can get Tigger on DS cake next week. I'm supposed to email them a picture of Tigger and they will put it on the cake. I gather it will be an edible image. Do these images usually take up the entire cake? Also, the price is $75 ($45 for the cake, $30 for the decorations). Mighty pricey - so i'm wondering is an edible image of Tigger worth the extra $30 - if it needs to be peeled off, etc?

appreciate your thoughts!

Hi, My son's girlfriend is celebrating a birthday later this week and she loves chocolate. I thought I'd order her a Mickey head cake for our dinner at Jiko on Saturday. Does anyone know if they still offer Minnie heads or just Mickey heads?

TIA

I know the Grand Floridian, Contemporary and Magic Kingdom will make Minnie Head Cakes.

Thanks! I did call and AKL only has Mickey - sexist bunch :rotfl2: Anyway I've ordered it and based on the reviews here, I know we'll love it.

Thanks again!

I've decided on the Flyish Fish for my mom's 50th birthday, which means I'll order a cake from the Boardwalk Bakery.

First question--Will they deliver the cake to the Flying Fish, or do I have to go pick it up?

Second question--My mom loves coffee and chocolate, so I am thinking chocolate cake with mocha mousse filling and chocolate buttercream and/or ganache. As far as decorations, something chocolate and/or coffee themed (maybe espresso beans), nothing cutesy. Has anyone ever had the mocha mousse--is it good? Anyone with pics of cakes similar to what I'm describing?

Having read a few reviews, I'm also now considering Narcoossee's, which would mean I get a Grand Floridian bakery cake, which seem to be some of the prettiest. What do you think--does one bakery make better cakes than the other? Honestly, if so I will choose my restaurant based on where I'll get the best cake!

One more question--now that I am on a cake kick, I am thinking about getting a cake for Mother's Day (less than two weeks from now). We're havign a late breakfast at Whispering Canyon Cafe. I wonder if htey will put "Happy Mother's Day" on the 6" podium cake. Or is it worth the extra $$ for a custom cake? I have heard the podium cakes aren't that great in the first place, do the custom cakes taste that much better? I would want the smallest size available, so that would be 8" for a custom, correct? Sorry for all the questions, but I get a little obsessed when I learn about something new Disney-related, and I need answers fast so I can put in a Mother's Day order!

I'm so glad I found this post! :goodvibes

I've been thinking about getting a cake for mine and my (future) DH's "special" :love: honeymoon dinner at CG on our honeymoon in September. All I need to do is call the "cake hotline" right? :confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter