Official Birthday/Anniversary Cake thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am reading through all the post has there been a cake picture from Wisphering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge. DH and I are celebrating our birthday's there and I would like to get a cake I call and the smallest one the won't write on we would have to go up a size and then it was going to be at least $40.00.

Here are 2 pictures of the cake we ordered April 2007 for dd's birthday at WCC. It was a 10 inch and it was around $40.

DSCI0498.jpg

DSCI0517.jpg

Ok..finally got some more of our pics uploaded.

Here is the picture of the cake for Ds bday..

100_1113.jpg
[/IMG]

100_1111.jpg
[/IMG]

100_1109.jpg
[/IMG]

There are also A LOT better pictures of DD's Sweet 16 cake online with all the other pics that our photographer took at the party. The cake pictures start at around 150.

If you don't mind sifting through all the other pics to get to the ones of the cake, you can find them here at...chapmanphotography.com..then look under Menu, then My Photos, then look for Heather's 16th..10/17/07.

Great looking Cakes!~ You have a beautiful family... great photos! But 700$ holy cow... how are you going to top that next year lol?

Great looking Cakes!~ You have a beautiful family... great photos! But 700$ holy cow... how are you going to top that next year lol?

Oh I definitely won't even be trying!:rotfl:

We've never spent that much on a cake, and probably won't again until until she gets married!

I can honestly say that even though I was a little :scared: about it when we first decided to go forward with it I don't regret it one single bit.

It was such a highlight of the party, and it tasted out of this world. It truly was a work of art, and even though we didn't get to "keep" it, I'll always have the memories..and pictures of how special everything was.

I wish the pictures did all the little details justice though! Every single decoration (except that one little strand of pearls) was edible, and when I think about the time and effort that went into creating each and every very intricate piece it really helps to put the price in perspective.

This is our 2 free cupcakes at Chef Mickey's. The one with 1 candle was for my birthday. The one with 2 candles was for us getting married.
WDWHoneymoonFL010.jpg

WDWHoneymoonFL009.jpg

This is our wedding cake at Narcoossee's. It was a vanilla cake with strawberry mousse on the inside. Didn't get a chance to take a pic of the inside though, was too much going on. But it was delicious, probably the best cake I've ever had. I had accidently forgotten my actual Mickey and Minnie wedding cake topper back at the hotel :worried: (ooops) but our server decided to take it on himself to do his own decoration for he top and I loved him for it! :hug:
WDWHoneymoonFL048.jpg

WDWHoneymoonFL047.jpg

Sorry they're so big, I can't figure out how to resize them. :eek:

With 24 days to go should I order my cake for DH and I? Or really would it be better for our anni. to have choc. covered strawberries? I want to get a really special cake and have it there at the Poly. the day after we arrive. There are so many wonderful cakes that I can get for our anni.
Comments. :upsidedow

With 24 days to go should I order my cake for DH and I? Or really would it be better for our anni. to have choc. covered strawberries? I want to get a really special cake and have it there at the Poly. the day after we arrive. There are so many wonderful cakes that I can get for our anni.
Comments. :upsidedow

Will it be just the 2 of you? Personally, I'm drooling over the cakes, but I have no doubt that if it were just my DH & I, he'd choose the strawberries with a bottle of champagne. Enjoy whichever you choose. :goodvibes

hi, thought I'd post our experiences and pictures of Disney cakes.

I ordered both 3 weeks before we went and double-checked both a few days before.

The first was delivered to Boma for my DBF's birthday and they were brilliant. I had some candles that spelled out his name and managed to ask our server to put them on and passed them to her in complete secrecy! I gave her the nod at the end of the meal and she bought out the cake. We had a piece and asked her to take the rest for the end of her shift to share.

The cake was the basic 6" which I asked them to put "Happy Birthday Tim" on. It was a really nice cake and didn't taste like it had been frozen as some people have mentioned. It cost $12.50.

065_65.jpg

The second was a 10" cake from the Boardwalk Bakery and it was for my DBF's birthday and our friend's little girl. We had booked a Wishes cruise for both of them and I collected the cake before we went.

This is, without doubt, the nicest cake I have ever eaten! It was vanilla sponge with strawberries and custard filling and buttercream icing and cost $50 including the icing screen print of Mickey. They told me it would serve up to 16 people but no way. There were 6 of us - we all had a piece and then split what was left. My DBF and I took a piece that we shared between us and the remainder would only have been enough for two people. We reckoned it was enough for more like 10-11 people.

116_116.jpg

I ordered both of them over the phone and the service was excellent. We are looking forward to going back just to have the strawberries and custard cake - we might even get the 10" cake between us!

Oh, the candles spelled Happy birthday and I took them with me but the Bakery did give me some candles to put on too.

Thanks to you all for the info, help and advice :thumbsup2

Here are some pictures of our son's birthday cake. It was delivered to our room at the Grand Floridian. The cake was marble with buttercream topping and filling (our son has simple tastes). It was delicious and beyond beautiful!
dis006.jpg

Every decoration was totally edible. The sand, the coral, the sea horses, the starfish, the shells, the sea weed, the other sea creatures...it was amazing! The beautiful color swirled fondant was perfect.**Ignore the nasty little fly perched on the edge of the Pluto picture...ICK, I am glad I didn't see that then!!**
Disney2007156.jpg

Our son loved his 8th birthday cake!!
Disney2007158.jpg

Here is the cake that I ordered for my twins 10th B-Day at WCC.
It was 10" with buttercream frosting and raspberry filling. The filling was a little sweet for me, but everyone else loved it.

The only disappointing thing was the surprised was ruined when we repeatedly had to ask about the cake, they couldn't find it. Then the waiter blurted out the cake was coming right before it was served.:sad2:

100_0037.jpg

100_0039.jpg

100_0041.jpg

Here are some pictures of our son's birthday cake. It was delivered to our room at the Grand Floridian. The cake was marble with buttercream topping and filling (our son has simple tastes). It was delicious and beyond beautiful!
dis006.jpg

Every decoration was totally edible. The sand, the coral, the sea horses, the starfish, the shells, the sea weed, the other sea creatures...it was amazing! The beautiful color swirled fondant was perfect.**Ignore the nasty little fly perched on the edge of the Pluto picture...ICK, I am glad I didn't see that then!!**
Disney2007156.jpg

Our son loved his 8th birthday cake!!
Disney2007158.jpg

What an AMAZING cake!!!!!

We did. We didn't get exactly what we'd ordered, as far as decorations go, but it was still okay. It tasted pretty good, but the cake layers were on the thin side, it was more frosting/filling than cake. Still, we picked at it all week and ended up eating most of it... so it must not have been too bad, lol.

It was white cake with white chocolate mousse filling (very good) and vanilla buttercream frosting, 8" and was supposed to have a white chocolate Snow White on top. Instead it had an edible image on top. They didn't charge us for the image, only the cake, maybe because they found they couldn't do what I'd ordered, I don't know. I was a little disappointed not to get what we wanted because we'd cancelled our cake from 1900 PF/GF Bakery where we would have had exactly what we were looking for only because the Chef M's CM assured me they could do the same thing. Oh well, I saved money. ;)

IMG_4493.jpg

IMG_4496.jpg

We were looking for something more along the lines of this that we got from the GF Bakery last year, but with Snow White instead of Mickey and Minnie...

IMG_1747.jpg

We did. We didn't get exactly what we'd ordered, as far as decorations go, but it was still okay. It tasted pretty good, but the cake layers were on the thin side, it was more frosting/filling than cake. Still, we picked at it all week and ended up eating most of it... so it must not have been too bad, lol.
IMG_4493.jpg

Sorry you didn't get exactly what you wanted. And not to belittle your cake, because it does look nice, but I've seen this same multiple princess image where they highlight one princess, but the edge of the others is still shown... This is unnecessary! How much trouble could it be to create separate images? I think this is just a bit tacky and lazy!

I agree, I thought it was a bit on the sloppy side. However, DD thought it was pretty and that was the important thing. We really had a disappointing meal overall. Our server was the worst I've ever had in all my trips to Disney. He brought our cake out just as we were finishing our salads. :confused3

I wanted a spectacular GF Bakery cake and ended up with a cake that looked pretty similar to what I'd get at our local grocery store. Since I didn't get charged for the image the price wasn't too bad though, not much more than the grocery store really, $25. I should have stuck with the GF as planned, we just wanted to have our cake on the first day as opposed to the end of the week, so we could nibble at it all week.

In the end it was fine. The cake tasted good, DD was happy, and every server we had for the rest of the week seemed pretty terrific after that guy, lol. :rotfl:

I've been following this thread for weeks, and still have not decided whether to order a plates of cookies with a standup figurine, or a cake with the custard and berries filling!!:lmao: Choices, choices....

We are back! We had a lovely time and here is our cake experience...

Ordered a 41st anniversary cake for my folks from Ohanas. I asked for a 10 inch cake with the white chocolate Mickey/Minnie. Chocolate cake, fruit filling (asked for strawberry, but we were open), white icing. I wanted one of the edible scrolls that would say 41 years of Magic.

This is what we got...

anniversarycake.jpg

LOL It was lovely, but the flowers seem "supermarketish" to me. No fruit filling, just more of the white icing. We all joked and said it either said 42 years of marriage or 92, it depended on the angle. lol

I called Whispering Canyon way back when and asked for an 8 inch birthday cake for my husband. They wouldn't do anything less than 10 and since it was lunch I decided just to ask for the 6 inch cake at the podium. I don't have a picture of it because we never got it. They did give him a small personal bundt cake with ice cream on top. :confused3

Next came my son's birthday at LTT. We ordered a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. We asked for a Halloween theme. Here is the cake..

williamcake.jpg

Looks delicious, right? Well it was frozen solid! We broke off pieces and smothered it with the hot cobbler. The mix did taste yummy. We gave the rest to the table next to us.

Over all, not a bad experience, but nothing to rave about. I think it all depends where you are going and what they have available.

This morning I ordered a birthday cake for my SIL for our upcoming trip. The process couldn't have been easier! I called the number shown on page 1, followed the prompts & a very nice lady answered the call. She was very helpful & patient with me. My mind kept going between the Mickey cake & a Tinkerbelle cake. You can only get the Mickey cake in either vanilla or chocolate & no filling & no personalizing. (I know I saw a picture with writing on the Mickey head) I finally chose to order a 10 inch vanilla cake with chocolate mousse filling & white icing, topped with Tinkerbelle. The cake will be delivered to our villa at the Boardwalk the day we arrive. My nieces will love it! I'll post a picture when we get back.

I placed a cake order this weekend as well. Called the GF, left a message. Linda called me back 15 minutes later. Piece of cake! :rotfl2:

My mom will be 66 and loves chocolate so I got choc cake with the dark choc mousse. I went with the white buttercream icing to break things up. Hopefully, everything will go smoothly when we arrive at for dinner on the 18th!

13 more days! :banana:

Nikita

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter