• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Birthday/Anniversary Cake thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't that a CS restaurant? I would be muchly surprised if they would go to that much trouble. And not at all surprised if they saw someone bringing in a cake (with the intent to buy ice cream to go with) and sent them right back out with the cake. IDK if a CS will let you bring in food to eat there. Ofcourse, I could be totally wrong here:confused3

Thought I would let you guys know that our anniversary cake I had ordered for Artist Point was great. It was white cake, buttercream icing, buttercream filling and had strawberries on it. (My dh doesn't like chocolate much that is why I ordered this one) The girl I ordered it from suggested the strawberries to give it some color. It was huge and very yummy. It cost $40 and was certainly worth the price for the size of that cake. :thumbsup2
I unfortunately didn't get a pic of it. Sorry. It was our first night and I was worn out from the traveling and forgot the camera.

I didn't know if Ghirardelli's offered an ice cream cake of any sorts. My family is not big on a lot of icing and would much prefer an ice cream cake.

The one here never offered any ice cream cakes and it was also a full service Ghirardelli's shop. I don't think they do cakes at all.

Here is the cake we ordered from GF bakery for DD's 2nd Birthday. The Concierge at Poly picked it up and delivered it to our rom (I paid by credit card over the phone 2 weeks in advance).

It was a 6" cake but easily fed the 6 of us. It was $30 total and was pretty good.

waltdisneyworld2006249.jpg

Can someone tell me how much the Mickey Dome cake is, where you can get it, and how big it is? Also, can you get the glass slipper dessert at CG or only at the GF? I had it last year and loved it!!!

Thanks!!!

I called the MK Bakery number off page one of this thread for the x-mas Mickey cake. It was vanilla with vanilla buttercream icing... $25 for the cake and $8 for the image which I used my DDE card for at Lunch (it was very yummy). CRT kept the cake at the restaurant until we were ready to leave the park.

Thanks a bunch! :thumbsup2

Thanks to everyone for posting I just have a quick question, is it possible to order the 6 inch white frosted vanilla birthday cake with the strawberry filling to have at O'hana?
We will be celebrating DH's birthday there and have our ADR booked for dinner just wondered if they do this cake as it looks really good, or is it only available from the GF bakery?

I would like to order a cake to be delivered to our room at the WL for our 5th anniversary. I have the WL # to order the cake, but I was wondering what choices I will have as to the type of cake/design. Anybody order from WL recently. I would like something with A mickey/minney topper if they do that.

Thanks to everyone for posting I just have a quick question, is it possible to order the 6 inch white frosted vanilla birthday cake with the strawberry filling to have at O'hana?

I was considering something similar, only with a choc mousse filling and strawberries on top. Ive seen a photo of one in this thread. It was gorgeous, the writing was in choc:cloud9: and would eliminate my issue of being fussy about having bread pudding :scared1: for dessert:scared:

I just ordered my daughter's birthday cake from the Contemporary dining service. We're taking a pontoon boat from CR the night of her 4th b-day and I wanted a cake on the boat instead of at a restaurant. here's my question - I asked for a 6-inch white on white princess cake. He told me it was an extra $6 for the princess. I didn't ask waht it would look like or specify any certain princess. Do you think I'll just get a picture of a princess or will it be one of those standing up princesses? Do the standing ones cost more? Are they cookies or just hard sugar? I'm so excited for the whole trip I can't stand it so this is helping me keep my mind occupied!!

Can someone tell me how much the Mickey Dome cake is, where you can get it, and how big it is? Also, can you get the glass slipper dessert at CG or only at the GF? I had it last year and loved it!!!

Thanks!!!

I would also like to know about the mickey dome...it looks so good! mmmmm

I would imagine you would have to specially request the standing edible one, and I do believe I read somewhere that it does have an extra cost for it. More than likely you will probably get an edible flat image of a princess. If you rather have the standing one I would call and request that specifically.:bride: :groom:

Is there a limit regarding how far in advance you can call? I would rather call now so I don't forget, but I don't want our order to get lost or forgotten.

Will they put two names on one cake? We are going to be celebrating two birthdays when we are there. My daughter will be turning 14 and my middle son will be turning 10.

Here is My Ds's 7th Bday cake from Last Feb. (a little late I know) from The Whispering Canyon. It was Delish!
disney087.jpg

Kelly
Planning our next trip for Oct. '08!

Here is My Ds's 7th Bday cake from Last Feb. (a little late I know) from The Whispering Canyon. It was Delish!
disney087.jpg

Kelly
Planning our next trip for Oct. '08!

We just had the same thing in white!

Did they charge you $20 for a 6 inch?

I want to order a cake for DD's 3rd Bday at CP on 1/16. I want the 8" Yellow Cake with strawberry custard filling, choclate buttercream icing and choclate ganache.:cloud9: I have to have some kind of Ariel theme on the cake.

I would like to order the cake from the GF Bakery as I have heard outstanding things about them, but can I order it there and get it to the CP, or do I have to go thru the CP? Is there another number I should call?

Also, has anyone had any Ariel cakes? I would like something other than just a fondant image, but I am not sure if they do this.

I know it has probably been asked a 100 times, but I just don't have the gumption to go through all 42 pages looking for the answer. Thanks in advance.:hug:

Thank you so much Zurgswife and all who have posted on this site. I needed to order a cake for our upcoming trip and this thread made it soooo easy. I ordered a 10" choc cake to be sent to our room at the BCV on 1/15 so I will take pictures and show everyone when we get back. Again thanks everyone!!:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter