Official Birthday/Anniversary Cake thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was just last week.

They have to have 48 hours notice for custom cake but I was able to order Mickey cake that night. Nothing phenomenal but good. I would say 6 nice size pieces but it was small cake compared to round one from a regular bakery. I think it cost me $21. We were at Kona at Poly but they said it was usually same cake at last minute. One thing I loved at Poly was the cupcakes at Captain Cooks... MUCH better than the cake - YUM.

We also had cake at Dining with Shamu at Sea World. I ordered that one 2 months ago and it was awesome! Big ole birthday cake, great frosting, great cake. I know this is WDW thread but I didn't have one bite of bad food at Sea World. YUM! Oh, that cake was $21 too.

Does anyone know if the tables in wonderland discount is applied towards the cake as well - we have a special one ordered for our park fare dinner - thanks! Whip

Yes it is! Although then you have to pay an 18% gratuity on them walking the cake to your table from the refrigerator, so it all kinda evens out :lmao:

Hi all

I'd be REALLY grateful for any help!

Mum and I fly on 15 Nov and I want to arrange a special thank you cake for her for taking me.

We arrive quite late on the Saturday and I know that I won't be able to order a cake for our arrival (is that right? nothing delivered to room until you check in?)... we are spending our first morning (day after we arrive) at DTD and then popping back to the room for a quick break before we go to MVMCP. Will AKL allow me to get a cake delivered for then? So its in the room when we arrive back, before we leave for MVMCP? Or do we have to be IN the room for its delivery? (I suppose I could arrange that but don't want the cake to be late and delay us getting to MVMCP!!!)

If not, my alternative is getting a cake delivered to CRT for our breakfast ADR, but then we don't want to have to carry it all day around the MK! Would they keep it for us to collect before we leave? Prob. not...

My last option (prob the best now I think about it?) is getting one arranged for our early evening dinner at Ohana's during the middle of our trip. We will be going straight back to AKL afterwards so must make most sense!!!

I'm thinking yellow cake with white choc frosting and white choc & strawberry filling - sound ok? Also, how long will it last in our room fridge? Does anyone know if the frosting contains raw egg at all? I'm pregnant you see, so won't be able to eat it if so - I won't bother in that case!!! (poor Mum!)

xxx

I just called the cake hotline to enquire about a cake at Boma and the lady I spoke with said the only restaurants that made custom cakes were the ones at the Grand Floridian. What´s up with that?

She was very nice though and offered to transfer me to their cake line but something happened and I never got through. I´ll try calling them directly later.

Well...I just decided that I´m not going to bother to order a cake or even cakes at the restaurants since Boma won´t do anything custom made and the kids are celebrating theirs at Sci Fi and Crystal Palace. I just decided to order a cake from the bakery at the ASMu foodcourt instead and pick it up on our arrival day. That way it will be for all of them (DH, DS and DD) and we will be able to munch on it in our room :)

I ordered a 12" round chocolate cake with buttercream frosting. She said she could do a Mickey Mouse theme and use the classic Mickey colours (white, black, yellow and red) and would put "Happy Birthday" on it. I was quoted $30 plus tax, which doesn´t sound too bad!

Is it possible to order a Key Lime pie instead of the usual birthday cakes??? If not on another note, does anyone know where to get a really good peice of key lime pie in WDW?

Is it possible to order a Key Lime pie instead of the usual birthday cakes??? If not on another note, does anyone know where to get a really good peice of key lime pie in WDW?

This might be a good topic for another thread, but I'll give you a vote for Olivia's.

I NEED A SUGGESTION!

We are going to Chef Mickeys the last night before we leave for our Disney cruise and I want to get us a cake. BUT... I do not know if Chef Mickeys is the place. I could do a cake there OR I could order a cake to be delivered the first night (we are staying at the WL) to our room and we could eat on it for a few days! Any suggestions? :confused3

Gina

That really stinks. I was hoping to go to Boma next year for my DD's birthday, we'll be at the AKL, and was hoping to order her a special cake. :(

I agree. I was hoping I could get DH an Indiana Jones themed cake, but no. I´m sure the Zebra striped cake is great but it didn´t sound very kid friendly so I decided against it.

4. We ate breakfast at the Boardwalk BAkery and they had 2 -4 cakes so I snapped pictures! One was an 8" (I believe) that had the plastic Princesses on top she said it was $55, the one next to it had a Halloween theme, she said they dont deliver, but of course you could deliver it yourself... also there was a MINI Mickey Mouse head cake that was SO VERY CUTE!! maybe 4-6inches (same as what has been posted but shrunk to fit on a mini dessert plate -) the sign said DDP so I asked, and that mini cake is one SNACK Credit on the DIning Plan!!

Had to go check out the mini Mickey cake. It is about the same size as a rice crispy treat and probably made from the same mold as the brownies they have at the Boardwalk bakery.

Here is a pic. Sorry taken with my phone at night
n1514184_37574292_1480.jpg

The best part is the cake itself was FUNFETTI!
yum.

My DD will be celebrating her 16th b-day in Feb. We have reservations at CP for lunch on her b-day and I want to order a personalized cake. Has anyone ordered a cake specifically for a Sweet Sixteen from WDW? I would love to see pictures. Thanks!

We celebrated my dh's 40th birthday at WDW. I ordered his cake from Boardwalk Bakery for pick up. We picked up his cake and had lunch at ESPN. He is a chocolate lover so it was choc cake with choc butter cream icing and choc filling. I special ordered choc dipped strawberries on the cake and it was only an extra charge of $10 which I thought was a great deal! They were HUGE and very tasty.

halloween08256-1.jpg

halloween08257.jpg

halloween08258-1.jpg

halloween08260.jpg

halloween08263.jpg

We celebrated my dh's 40th birthday at WDW. I ordered his cake from Boardwalk Bakery for pick up. We picked up his cake and had lunch at ESPN. He is a chocolate lover so it was choc cake with choc butter cream icing and choc filling. I special ordered choc dipped strawberries on the cake and it was only an extra charge of $10 which I thought was a great deal! They were HUGE and very tasty.

halloween08256-1.jpg

halloween08257.jpg

halloween08258-1.jpg

halloween08260.jpg

halloween08263.jpg
YUM! That looks great & I love the Mickey heads on the side!

Hey all! Sorry to do this to you but can anyone tell me if I can get a cake at Rainforest Cafe or not since they're not "Disney owned"?? If not the only other option I have for my friends is Mama Melrose where they have a Fantasmic Dinner Package. Any luck with either of those places and where I'll have better luck ordering from? My dear friend is a chocoholic so I'll be ordering chocolate for sure! They're leaving on Saturday so I need to order very soon!!

TIA!

Does anyone know how many strawberries are in the $50 dollar batch of chocolate covered strawberries? Where do I order them?

Does anyone know how many strawberries are in the $50 dollar batch of chocolate covered strawberries? Where do I order them?

Not sure what batch of chocolate covered strawberries you mean but for us we ordered them through in-room dining when we stayed at the Boardwalk Resort. We paid approx $5. for each stawberry.

You would call the resort directly to see if they carry them and how much they will cost. Some shops carry them as well. I saw them at a coffee/candy/bakery shop in Disney Studios.

Hey all! Sorry to do this to you but can anyone tell me if I can get a cake at Rainforest Cafe or not since they're not "Disney owned"?? If not the only other option I have for my friends is Mama Melrose where they have a Fantasmic Dinner Package. Any luck with either of those places and where I'll have better luck ordering from? My dear friend is a chocoholic so I'll be ordering chocolate for sure! They're leaving on Saturday so I need to order very soon!!

TIA!

Sorry I can't answer your question about RFC, but we mentioned my daughter's birthday at MM and although we had not ordered a cake, our wonderful server came out with a personalized Chef's hat and a "platter" with everything needed to create her own sundae and a HUGE candle in the ice cream. She was delighted, as we sort of mentioned it on a whim as I had already ordered her a phenomenal cake earlier in the week at Yachtsmen's.

You may want to call and have it noted on your friend's ADR at MM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter