• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Avengers Super Hero Half Marathon Weekend 2014 Thread!

I'm running the half (and am going for a PR!)

I say go for it! But with every Disney half I've ran it seems almost impossible to PR at these races, especially at Disneyland where the streets in the parks are so much more narrow then at WDW. If you are in a fast coral A, B or C you might have a good shot but once you get to coral D there are times you will be full on stopped or forced to walk pretty slow at times.

Again I say go for the PR but just a heads up it works a bit different at DL.

Good luck!

I say go for it! But with every Disney half I've ran it seems almost impossible to PR at these races, especially at Disneyland where the streets in the parks are so much more narrow then at WDW. If you are in a fast coral A, B or C you might have a good shot but once you get to coral D there are times you will be full on stopped or forced to walk pretty slow at times. Again I say go for the PR but just a heads up it works a bit different at DL. Good luck!

I'm corral A and PR'ed at the DL Half last summer ;-)

LOVE the medals! Wish I was doing the 5K hehe. DD is super excited about the kids race medal.

So I need a little advice to be able to make this trip happen. Due to the end of my relationship all my original plans for this weekend are off. I'm now trying to do this on more of a budget. I'm sure a lot of hotels are booking up or have but any advice on places to stay? Also I've only been to Disney World, is it better for me to book with GET, with AAA or with Disney themselves? Are the prices that different?

I still so want to run this but I need to plan a different trip to make that happen.

Only book with GET if you're doing one of the resort hotels. They (and other travel agents) seem to have the best rates for those. I've found that you can get rates cheaper at the good neighbor hotels by calling yourself and asking about discounts. Hojo's has a runners discount if you call them direct (714.776.6120). Desert Inn and Suites has good rates sometimes and is clean and close, I dont think they offer any dicounts though. Theres 4 Best Westerns that are all walking distance and get good reviews; BW Park Place Inn, BW Anaheim Inn, BW Stovalls inn, BW Pavillions.
Good Luck!

Thanks everyone for the advice. Got the hotel booked with what I think is a pretty good deal. Booking airfare and it looks like I'm going to make it for the race still!

Now I just need to start thinking about a costume.

I'm corral A and PR'ed at the DL Half last summer ;-)

Yep just like I said.... If you are fast and in A B or C you have a good chance of pring because you are in front of all the walkers. The further back you are the harder it is to PR.

I assume anyone getting park tickets through Get Travel are just picking them up when you pick up the race bibs? $22 to have your tickets mailed to you in advance is awful!

Thanks for posting! Wish there was some more time in the parks, but I like it. It'll be interesting to see what that side of Anaheim looks like. Plus not only do we get Angels Stadium, looks like they already have a space marked out for the Red Hat Ladies. Love them at Tink, they're awesome; and if they bring in the boy/Girl Scouts at the stadium like DL, that could be a pretty epic mile.

I assume anyone getting park tickets through Get Travel are just picking them up when you pick up the race bibs? $22 to have your tickets mailed to you in advance is awful!

This is my first time buying Tix through GET and yes I'm picking them up at the expo. hope they're easy to find!

Seeing the course map has me all excited now! As someone who has only run Tink, and a baseball fan, I'm super excited to see the run through the Angels Stadium on there!

Thanks for posting! Wish there was some more time in the parks, but I like it. It'll be interesting to see what that side of Anaheim looks like. Plus not only do we get Angels Stadium, looks like they already have a space marked out for the Red Hat Ladies. Love them at Tink, they're awesome; and if they bring in the boy/Girl Scouts at the stadium like DL, that could be a pretty epic mile.

It's my first time running at Disneyland (its my first time there at all!) so I was hoping for a little more time in the parks but I'm very excited to run in Angels Stadium.

Red Hat Ladies? Boy/girl Scouts? Do they just set up cheer sections along the course?

It's my first time running at Disneyland (its my first time there at all!) so I was hoping for a little more time in the parks but I'm very excited to run in Angels Stadium.

Red Hat Ladies? Boy/girl Scouts? Do they just set up cheer sections along the course?

The Red Hat Ladies come out and cheer during Tink. Theres hundreds of them and its so overwhelming when you see them. I have honestly cried both times I've seen them on the Tink course. Theres just so many of them!

I've never done the Disneyland Half but from what I hear the scouts are in Angels stadium cheering.

The "red hats" on the course refers to the giant red hats outside of Angels Stadium, not the red hat ladies. I really hope they are at Tink since it is now Mother's Day weekend.

I am having the biggest fit over this course. A lot of its in Garden Grove, and not in areas Ive had good experiences in. You go by the Chrystal Cathedral, and you go pretty long on the Santa Ana trail too. About three miles it looks like. Went to google maps and its not the greatest course. Now Im holding my breath for Star Wars. Wish I hadn't signed up now… :(

The "red hats" on the course refers to the giant red hats outside of Angels Stadium, not the red hat ladies. I really hope they are at Tink since it is now Mother's Day weekend.

Yeah, saw that after I posted in one of the fb groups. :upsidedow I completely forgot about those in front of the entrance. Or, it was just wishful thinking. I absolutely love them for Tink. Hopefully they'll come out for Avengers.

Do Disneyland races have a cut-off or suggested time by which you need to be in your corral?

The only runDisney races I've done have been at WDW. I'm all too familiar with when I need to be on the bus, etc. in Florida.

I've looked at official event guides from several Disneyland races, and they appear to be silent on the issue. Can I really just walk into my corral at 5:29? (My placement within the corral is unimportant to me.)

I ask because I need to hire a professional babysitter, and I wonder what time I need to tell them.

Do Disneyland races have a cut-off or suggested time by which you need to be in your corral?

The only runDisney races I've done have been at WDW. I'm all too familiar with when I need to be on the bus, etc. in Florida.

I've looked at official event guides from several Disneyland races, and they appear to be silent on the issue. Can I really just walk into my corral at 5:29? (My placement within the corral is unimportant to me.)

I ask because I need to hire a professional babysitter, and I wonder what time I need to tell them.
I left my watch in the hotel at Tink and NEEDED it. (first timer and worried about the sweep). I got there with about 30 mins to spare and it was a tad chaotic trying to get to my mid-corral. Id say if your in one of the first corrals it MIGHT be an issue getting there later then an hour before but if your OK starting at the end I can see you being able to start at the end of the last corral with no issue.

I'm not sure if I'm staying at a hotel or driving down the morning of the race. Does anyone know what time the parking structure opens for race parking?

I'm not sure if I'm staying at a hotel or driving down the morning of the race. Does anyone know what time the parking structure opens for race parking?

parking structure is pretty much 24 hours as there are 3rd shift CMs that park there, as well as volunteers that park in the same lot too. if you come early enough, you won't be charged $17 to park and you'll get a volunteer parking pass, ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter