• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Avengers Super Hero Half Marathon Weekend 2014 Thread!

Ok! Now Im done! Got myself registered for the Half and DD for her kids race. Whew!
Now to resist the urge to register for the 5K next week.

I registered myself for the half through the DVC link. Worked fine.

I registered myself for the 5K through the WDW AP link. Worked fine.

I tried to register my son for the 5K through the WDW AP link. Got this response: "Attention! Registration limit check failed for desired events" That was before 11:39 CDT when I called Active. 40 minutes! I wonder how many spots there were for early registration.

I registered my son for the kids races through the WDW AP link. Worked fine.

I guess I have to be ready on the 25th to sign my son up for the 5K.

lol was going too fast and now my wife has her name on 2 bibs for the 5 k. sold out now , got to try again on the 25th for my bib

Not sure if I'll be by a computer to register next week and so my bf said he'd register me. I know for the PHM they ask you who your favorite princess is. Just wondering if there are any random questions like this I should prepare him for.

Hey you never know.

Not sure if I'll be by a computer to register next week and so my bf said he'd register me. I know for the PHM they ask you who your favorite princess is. Just wondering if there are any random questions like this I should prepare him for.

Hey you never know.

DD and I were prepared for that question, too, but I didn't see it anywhere.

DD and I were prepared for that question, too, but I didn't see it anywhere.

I figured they might ask who your favorite avenger was or something. (Which my bf should know as I tell him I will leave him for Thor if that becomes an option.) But you never know what curve balls disney will throw at you.

We just registered for the Avengers 1/2 using our DVC discount and are looking at lodging options. We have participated in RunDisney events in Florida (Dopey just this last January so we are going for coast to coast), but wondering about lodging and transportation to and from the race start/finish in California. In the past when we have visited Disneyland we have stayed on Harbor Blvd, and found it very convenient to the Disneyland parks, but what about the race? Is there transportation to/from the races from non-Disney hotels? Or if we stay Harbor Blvd or another location that is easily walkable?

We ALWAYS stay on site in Florida but only once in California we just don't find it worth it cost wise especially since "off-site" in some cases is closer!

Thanks in advance!

Jennifer

Anyone else not get their email confirmation yet? I got mine for the half but did not get DD's for the kids races....

We just registered for the Avengers 1/2 using our DVC discount and are looking at lodging options. We have participated in RunDisney events in Florida (Dopey just this last January so we are going for coast to coast), but wondering about lodging and transportation to and from the race start/finish in California. In the past when we have visited Disneyland we have stayed on Harbor Blvd, and found it very convenient to the Disneyland parks, but what about the race? Is there transportation to/from the races from non-Disney hotels? Or if we stay Harbor Blvd or another location that is easily walkable?

We ALWAYS stay on site in Florida but only once in California we just don't find it worth it cost wise especially since "off-site" in some cases is closer!

Thanks in advance!

Jennifer

You can definitely stay on Harbor. If you stay on Harbor, on race morning you'll walk like you're going to the parks. The security check will not be open but you can still walk through there to the Esplanade. Through the Esplanade to Downtown Disney and then to the starting area. Its super easy.

You can also stay on Katella and walk down Katella to Disneyland Drive.

The hotels that normally have ART service will have ART shuttles running on race day but these still just take you to the normal drop off area. Then you still have to go through the Esplanade and DTD. So depending where exactly you're staying, it may not be worth bothering with the shuttles.

I will say that I'm staying at PPH again for the race. Can't beat walking out the doors and being at the corrals!

In the past when we have visited Disneyland we have stayed on Harbor Blvd, and found it very convenient to the Disneyland parks, but what about the race? Is there transportation to/from the races from non-Disney hotels? Or if we stay Harbor Blvd or another location that is easily walkable?

We did the DL 1/2 last September and stayed at the Ramada Maingate on Harbor Blvd. It was only maybe 5 more minutes of walking to get to the race start from the park entrance as it was essentially just the distance through DTD. Depending on how many stops the shuttles make along their route and where they drop you off, I'd think that walking is just as fast if not faster if you're considering staying on Harbor.

Have to say staying at PAradise Pier for Tinkerbell was worth every penny. The start and finish was literally right outside the front door. I took the elevator down and about 40 feet away was the entrance to my coral, D. I will now always stay here for any DL race!

Thanks in advance!

Jennifer

Most of the hotels on Harbor will be a short walk or look at it as a good warm-up. The good thing is you do not need to wait for any buses like you do at WDW, it's much more convenient at DLR. But staying on property has its perks, roll out of bed to the corrals and your bed is super close post-race.

I have not yet done a race in DL, but have tried to stay on Harbor as often as I could do to how close it is to the main gates. (closer than the actual "on property hotels, I think)

now with two upcoming races planned for DLR, I have a stay on Katella at the Annabella for the DLH and then one on Harbor at Anaheim Dessert Inn and Suites for the Avengers. I am going to guess that Anabella will be nicer and closer to the start and the expo. However I have stayed at Dessert Inn before and there is few hotels closer to the main gate... It will be farther to the start and expo though. (down through the esplanade) It is considerably cheaper than the Anabella though.

We stayed at the Best Western Park Place Inn for Dumbo last year and will be staying there again for Avenger's this year. While it is your typical style of motor inn like most of the hotels on Harbor, the rooms and front entrance have been updated and the beds were super comfortable. Both stays, I have been able snag AAA rates that came in much less for the 2 night stay than one night in the cheapest Paradise Pier room (which would be my vote for on property).

The walk from the hotel was super easy and it is literally right across the street from the old Harbor Blvd entrance. I think it may be closer to the DL/DCA turnstiles than the Disney hotels. There were tons of runners going to the start for both the 10k and Half and even though DH didn't do the races or come to the start with me I never felt unsafe.

Anyone else not get their email confirmation yet? I got mine for the half but did not get DD's for the kids races....

Same here....waiting on the confirmation email. I printed off the one at the end of the process, but no email yet. (ETA: Just got the email confirmation)

I've stayed at both Quality Inns near DLR for races. The one on Katella was more convenient. My race partner this trip booked us at the Tropicana, directly across from the esplanade.

I'm signed up for the half so far and plan on signing up on Tuesday for the 5K

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter