• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Avengers Half Marathon Weekend 2015 Thread

I start at the back of the pack, so if you're back there, we might well see each other. I'll be running with Team RWB, so one of many in red shirts with eagles on the front.

I meant that I was running all three over Avengers weekend. I'm not sure I could handle MCM, W&D and Avengers. I was only going to sign up for Infinity Gauntlet, but then my brother's family decided to run the 5k, so I signed up for that, too. My mom is running the 10k, and my good friend is running the challenge, so it should be fun.

I ran in January, too! We seem to have similar race schedules. I don't suppose you're doing Cherry Blossom this week? I got the Pink C2C last year and would have traded it for the blue if I could. At least I'll have two different C2Cs. Not sure I'm going to run a FL race next year because I may be moving in the spring and will need to stay flexible. I haven't run the DL Half yet, so am not familiar with that course. Where does it diverge from the Avengers one? At least the halfs there are all different courses instead of WDW, which is already boring to me.

Eh maybe not then. I'm hoping to get sub 5 sometime this year. And if not at Reykavik then at MCM. But knowing my luck I might run into you at the expo.

And whoops on the reading comprehension. I would probably be doing all three Avengers if I didn't have classes on Thursdays this fall. Of course now I'm flying in on Thursday because of doctors but I'm not in the mood to turn this into a three race weekend.

And no to Cherry Blossom. I live in CO. So traveling out to DC is a bit much more then a couple times a year. Hotel expense is all ready cringe worthy since we're planning to stay in downtown for the MCM (I actually want to go see the museums this time I keep not doing that on these trips!).

If anyone has been dancing around the ballroom while contemplating the 5k, the clock is ticking closer to midnight for you... sitting at 97% when I looked a moment ago.

Still plenty of time it seems for the Half before turning into a pumpkin... it's still tied with the Pasta Party* at 72%.

*seriously!?

If anyone has been dancing around the ballroom while contemplating the 5k, the clock is ticking closer to midnight for you... sitting at 97% when I looked a moment ago.

Still plenty of time it seems for the Half before turning into a pumpkin... it's still tied with the Pasta Party* at 72%.

*seriously!?

I've said it before, but I thought the Avengers pasta party last year was one of the top Disney experiences I've had. I'd fly out for the party even if I couldn't run the race.

Attachments

• IMG_1927.JPG
    IMG_1927.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 8

so what made the pasta party so great?

The number 1 reason it was so good was that I was able to knock out 4 character meets in one setting. The party is the only place that I know of -- other than the races -- that you could meet Hawkeye and Black Widow that weekend. We saw each character at least once and Hawkeye 3 times. So, when DS5 and I saw the superheros on the 5K course, we were able to bypass them. Then, during the kids races, the superheros recognized DS5 and called him out.

The character lines moved rather quickly. Occasionally, the characters would interact with each other across the room.

I liked the SHIELD theme, too. The SHIELD agent emcee was entertaining. The desserts were superhero themed. There was an artist there doing face paint/tattoos (not sure b/c we didn't do this). The event wasn't too crowded. It was well organized. To be fair, though, the pasta and salad were just average.

The number 1 reason it was so good was that I was able to knock out 4 character meets in one setting. The party is the only place that I know of -- other than the races -- that you could meet Hawkeye and Black Widow that weekend. We saw each character at least once and Hawkeye 3 times. So, when DS5 and I saw the superheros on the 5K course, we were able to bypass them. Then, during the kids races, the superheros recognized DS5 and called him out.

The character lines moved rather quickly. Occasionally, the characters would interact with each other across the room.

I liked the SHIELD theme, too. The SHIELD agent emcee was entertaining. The desserts were superhero themed. There was an artist there doing face paint/tattoos (not sure b/c we didn't do this). The event wasn't too crowded. It was well organized. To be fair, though, the pasta and salad were just average.

Okay unless you have small kids imo this is not worth the money, but she is right the emcee was entertaining personable and sweet. He paid individual attention to you while you waited in character lines too. Thor was good eye candy....the bread was saddening and the pasta just okay. Desserts were awesome, and salad should have been better. I wont do it again at that price tag.

Eh maybe not then. I'm hoping to get sub 5 sometime this year. And if not at Reykavik then at MCM. But knowing my luck I might run into you at the expo.

And whoops on the reading comprehension. I would probably be doing all three Avengers if I didn't have classes on Thursdays this fall. Of course now I'm flying in on Thursday because of doctors but I'm not in the mood to turn this into a three race weekend.
I'm aiming at 4:45 for MCM. I ran 4:52 last year and 5:15 the year before, so I think it's a reasonable goal. Assuming I stay healthy, of course.

Marathon in Iceland? That sounds awesome!

Phew, managed to secure the DVC reservation I wanted at Grand Californian, from everything I'd read about getting VGC I was afraid it would be impossible. Four nights, Thursday to Monday. Going to spend one night in San Diego first. So excited, it all feels very real now. Now to just recover from surgery so I can run again. Day 5 post op, can't run until I have my 6 week follow up. It's going to feel like an eternity.

Joining the thread. WooWoo!! Just registerd for the Avengers Half. Going for the C2C bling bling. Ran the WDW Full in January. California and 13.1 here I come!!!!

What did the jacket look like last year?

Did a quick search and couldn't find a good picture let me attempt to put a pic of mine up, just please excuse the terrible photo.

sized_DSC_0193.JPG

Plain black jacket with logo on front right and zip up pockets (loved the zip up pockets at theme parks for the rest of the trip).

Here's a close up of the logo:
sized_DSC_0195.JPG

Looks about like the Mickey Marathon jacket I bought back in January, also with nothing on the back. It would be nice if they could put a bit more in the graphics department for the money, but if that's the route they go again then c'est la vie.

Wife & I signed up for the challenge. This will be our second runDisney event. We did the Disneyland Half last year and it was a lot of fun. We weren't going to do Avengers this year except we wanted to do the innagural Captain America 10K when it was announced.

I guess we have to figure out costumes now.

Also thanks for posting pictures of last year's jacket snowmonkey! We are still debating on whether to order them. The pins got kind of pricey so we probably won't go for the jackets.

Nope, nothing on the back. I can see why some people might want a less subtle jacket, but I kinda like it. Means I can wear it anywhere without embarrassment.

Don't think I need another one this year, unless the design is different. I have the "advantage" that as exorbitant as they are, RunDisney merchandise prices aren't that far above standard Australian clothing prices (*sob*)

More NB shoes though, is a definite maybe, I'm just not that thrilled with the new designs from what little I've seen of them.

No problem, I was surprised I couldn't find a photo of it.

Keep in mind, there wasn't a pre registration jacket last year (that I remember), that was the expo jacket, and it looks from a quick google that for princess and goofy the pre-reg jackets have been different (with a little more in the graphics department).

So it still doesn't really help those on the fence about preordering.

Got reservations for Disneyland Hotel today! Now we'll just have to keep an open for reasonable plane tickets. Do they offer discounted park tickets? This will be our first time to DL so we'll definitely being doing the parks, but cheaper would be better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter