** Official August 2024 Thread **

Anyone else getting ready to book Disney Dining? Our 60+ day opens up on June 19th. We are going to book Sci Fi, Tony's, Trattoria al Forno (new to us), Le Cellier, Cape May for breakfast and our never-miss Crystal Palace. I'm also looking forward to trying Regal Eagle quick service as we've never eaten here. I'd love to hear your choices!

Anyone else getting ready to book Disney Dining? Our 60+ day opens up on June 19th. We are going to book Sci Fi, Tony's, Trattoria al Forno (new to us), Le Cellier, Cape May for breakfast and our never-miss Crystal Palace. I'm also looking forward to trying Regal Eagle quick service as we've never eaten here. I'd love to hear your choices!
June 12th for me. Not too many but I’m getting up at 3:45am for Oga’s Cantina, Roundup Rodeo and maybe Homecomin’. Still trying to narrow down a Disney Springs spot.

ADR June 13th gave our TA our requests and hoping for via Napoli, mama melrose for a fantasmic package and either topolinos or ticker house for a character breakfast

My partner and I will be there in August at POP! I was really bummed to hear that the dining hall will be renovated while we are there, as it was announced after we already booked. I know it'll still offer mobile ordering, and we could walk to AoA too. My daughter and I stayed at Pop! last year and we loved the dining hall, so it was something I was excited to show my partner on this upcoming trip. I guess he'll just have to appreciate the AoA one after a brief walk.
This was my first time booking from the UK, and it was cool to get the 14 day park hopper for the price of 7. I feel like this will be our first trip without major time constraints, having that luxury to do half days if we want, or just hop to a park for a meal on a rest day.
Also, since it's an adults-only trip this time, I'm excited to try some of the spots not at aimed towards kids. It's the first time I'm getting to view Disney without mommy-vision since I was very young!

Last edited:
I was really bummed to hear that the dining hall will be renovated while we are there, as it was announced after we already booked. I know it'll still offer mobile ordering, and we could walk to AoA too.
Thank you for posting this - they sent me the email about the refurbishment and I glanced at it and didn't really read that mobile ordering will be the only option. This is actually a big deal for us because my 12 year old often goes to get her own food and mobile ordering won't work for her. What to do, what to do... I have been toying with upgrading to CBR and maybe I will do that?!

Hi All,

My daughter (12) and I are going to WDE for a quick 4 night trip, August 21-25. We have three day hopper tickets and tickets to MNSSHP on 8/23. Currently, we are staying at POP, but I am considering changing to CBR (see above post). ADR day is 6/22. We are hoping to get ressies for O'Hana, Crystal Palace and Tusker House - all breakfasts. The rest of the time we will eat QS. I know from going to WDW before in August that it's just too darn hot to eat much (and every time we take an August trip I say never again... until the next year when it's so cheap to go! :laughing: )

I know from going to WDW before in August that it's just too darn hot to eat much (and every time we take an August trip I say never again... until the next year when it's so cheap to go! :laughing: )
We've been to WDW in August at least four times. I always say that we will never do August again, but then we go back. It is a cheap time of year, and the crowds are gone by the later weeks of the month. But you are right that is too hot to eat. :)

We've been to WDW in August at least four times. I always say that we will never do August again, but then we go back. It is a cheap time of year, and the crowds are gone by the later weeks of the month. But you are right that is too hot to eat. :)
We only go in August (all teachers so best time of year for us) and we always feel like it's too hot to eat too... but somehow we always manage to still eat so much! I can't say no to Disney snacks lol.

Question - how early does everyone start to pack? We have a basket where we put things that we know we're going to take to Disney, but how early to people start to pack their suitcases? We probably seriously start around 2 weeks before our trip.

Question - how early does everyone start to pack? We have a basket where we put things that we know we're going to take to Disney, but how early to people start to pack their suitcases? We probably seriously start around 2 weeks before our trip.

I pack the day before we leave. Anything I buy for the trip, I'll put it aside, but I won't pack it.

I have a file box that stores our travel supplies. There are things in the box like our MagicBands and disposable rain ponchos. I throw things in the box when I think of them. But I usually don't put clothes in the suitcase until the day before. The weather in Florida is so unpredictable that I wait until the day before to get an idea of what I will need to bring. :)

I have totes (upon totes!) of Disney stuff. I am a little bit crazy. About a month before our trip, I will dig through them and pull out what we are going to wear, match ears to the outfits, and grab all the other stuff we need out of the totes as well (toiletries bag - we use different stuff at Disney vs regular travel, Disney sunnies, ponchos, etc). I usually wash everything to get it smelling fresh, and pack it a few days before we leave.

Well depends on who you ask in my family. Our bags are all laid out in our guest bedroom and airing out. Me: I have already started for our 8/12 trip with travel necessities (charging cables, rain gear, travel sundries) and will start thinking on the clothes etc in a few weeks. The rest of the family will probably start the weekend before we go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter