*******Official August 2017 Countdown Thread ~ Feeling hot, hot, hot!!!******

Hello All! Family of 6 (kids 14, 12, 10 and 5) booked a July 30-August 10 split offsite and PO-R trip. A little nervous about the heat and crowds in August!

Anyone stay offsite at Sheraton Vistana Resort or Caribe Royale? I'd love to hear your experiences at either (we have both booked for now til we decide)!

Joining in here!

Very excited to be celebrating my sister's sweet 16 at the Poly from July 30-Aug 6 :cool1:

the September thread isn't seeing much action, and I need action. i'm going to duplicate my post from there since my trip spans the month!

Poly 8/29 -9/4 both of my kids (7,4) first time and 20 years since my wife and I have been there. Both sets of grands joining for a portion.

flights booked!

ADR and EMM booked, not sure about the halloween party.

Ohana (d)
Yak & Yeti (d)
Chef Mickey's (d)
Akershus (d)
CRT (d)
EMM (b) and BOG (d)

Hi friends! I'm joining the legion of August Disney-goers! (It's actually 8/29-9/5, but eh... details.) My soon-to-be husband and I are celebrating our honeymoon after getting hitched on the 27th. Then, to double the awesomeness, our birthdays are Sept 1st and 2nd! (His, then mine).

We're staying at POP! Not flashy by any means, but we're solid park-people and only need a bed to sleep in and a clean shower. We are no-frills folks. And we just absolutely loved-loved-LOVED POP last time, so it's unofficially our Disney Home.

D(Future)H and I booked yesterday with our totally awesome Disney Travel Agent, 150 days out. We are having a movie marathon of TRULY EPIC proportions featuring a different Disney Movie to watch and enjoy snuggled up together every night! Last night began "Never Before Seen" Week, with Dinosaur! The movie that the ride in DinoLand USA is based from. Tonight is The BFG!

Hope everyone else has a magical trip! Is anyone doing anything fun for a countdown?

It's still showing nothing available all day for August 9th! :mad:

Looking for ROL package for TH breakfast..
I'm also looking for RoL package at TH for Breakfast. I can't seem to find any date for our 10 days at WDW. Never mind it being breakfast. I think I found a dinner around 4:30 one of the days.

They appear to be loading the dates backwards....September is up but for August & July, nothing prior to 8/12 yet.

Hubby decided yesterday he wants TH dinner! So that's now the goal for August 9th!

Got a 4:20 ROL dinner yesterday which was all they had for my day, but a lot earlier than I would like. I was just able to change it to 4:45. Hopefully, I can get it even later eventually as I wasn't even planning to arrive at AK until like 5-6:00.

I am trying RoL package for Tiffins and it just tells me to call - which I won't as I am in Europe and the time they keep you on hold ........... :scared:

We booked the Poly a couple of weeks ago for 8/24-9/2. The kids have *no idea*.

We surprised them once in 2011, and they while they do enjoy the planning, they both asked to be surprised again... so we are! We intend to go back in April of 2019 (when Passover is after the 4/15 tax deadline, as it was last year), so, as far as they know, that's our next trip.

Flight prices skyrocketed, but JetBlue's August sales normally start in May, so that's fine. We're doing a slightly different trip than normal; we have 4 ADRs and will likely not get more. We are also (finally) hitting a water park, though we haven't decided which. Also, we're making the first day (we'll likely get there around 2:30) a hotel/pool day, which isn't something we normally do a lot of. Looking forward to fireworks on the beach!

Ok, so things are slowly falling into place. My one unknown is the night of 8/25 when MK closes at 7pm. IF there is a Halloween Party or Disney After Dark, I plan to do that (assuming of course that sales don't start and the things sell out while I'm off the grid in Cuba and the DR next week). If not...we'll see. I'll either stay in Epcot all evening or I'll go back to Disney Springs. Here are my plans as of now...

8/18
arrive hopefully around 10am - my flight got changed to earlier (YAY!) and they are notorious for way overstating the flight time between NYC and MCO, so I'm guessing on the ground at about 8:30 - and I'm only planning carry-on. :)
DME to Pop - store luggage if room is not available...also planning on a Garden Grocer order for the first time (questions at the end)
hit the food court and get my mug and some nibbles
Epcot with 4pm Garden Grill dinner

8/19
MK with 5:45pm BOG dinner

8/20
MK with 6:40pm Skipper Canteen dinner with a friend

8/21
AK with 4:05pm Tusker House ROL package and "1st showing" of ROL

8/22
9:00am Bon Voyage Adventure Breakfast
Epcot
break for a 5:30pm Grand Floridian Cafe dinner
back to Epcot for evening EMH

8/23
Disney Springs with lunch at Bongos
late afternoon to MK for evening EMH

8/24
Breakfast at Boma
then to AK

8/25
Epcot with 11:30am San Angel Inn lunch
evening TBD

8/26
breakfast at 'Ohana
possibly to Disney Springs for a little while before the Tragical Express.

Whee!!

i wish they would update the calendar and show hours....I'm curious if RoL will still be at 9:15 like in July or if it will be earlier. Wishes and Illuminations stay the same for August but Fantasmic goes to 8:30 vs. 9:00 towards the end of August. I'm wondering if RoL will do the same.

Hello All! Family of 6 (kids 14, 12, 10 and 5) booked a July 30-August 10 split offsite and PO-R trip. A little nervous about the heat and crowds in August!

Anyone stay offsite at Sheraton Vistana Resort or Caribe Royale? I'd love to hear your experiences at either (we have both booked for now til we decide)!

We spent part of one night at Caribe Royal once lol. Ok, it wasn't their fault, we didn't bail out part way through the night or anything. We wound up breaking down in Maryland, and spent a night there, when we had intended to drive through to Georgia, just short of the Florida border that day. Next day, we didn't get to leave Maryland until 11:30 in the morning, and then drove straight through to Orlando. So, instead of being in Orlando at say 11:00 in the morning, we didn't get there until 2:00 am the following morning. We spent the remainder of the night at Caribe Royal before going to POR the following day.

Sadly, we didn't get to see much of Caribe Royal. We had intended to use the pool, and spend the evening there. From what we saw, it is a nice hotel though. I won't say it is the best hotel I've ever stayed in, but it was pretty good. Clean, comfortable, plenty of space in our room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter