****Official August 2015 Check-In Thread****

ordered our Photopass yesterday and it shipped today!!! Plan to make a countdown paper chain with the kids this weekend-we are at 25 days, I think :)

So we have 4 days in the parks on our trip and so far our plans are pretty loose because we're going with a big group and I don't really know what their touring style is and they'll have a 5 year old who has never been to a Disney park. Our first day we'll have just our family of 5 and FIL so I'm thinking this is our day to do my crew's must do list which will include any rides that are not at WDW because we were just there in December.

I'm trying to decide if we should hop to CA in the evening on this first day and do a few rides and try to see WOC. I have a feeling that the rest of the family, who will join us the next day, won't care so much about seeing WOC at any point in the trip. And my family is capable of staying up later than the 5 year old too, so we could do the later show which I understand might be less crowded. Thoughts?

We'll be there August 22-26 at the GCV. First visit to DL in 21 years for my wife and me, and first time ever for our 10 and 12 year old girls. We are all very excited but have not planned a thing yet!

We'll be there August 22-26 at the GCV. First visit to DL in 21 years for my wife and me, and first time ever for our 10 and 12 year old girls. We are all very excited but have not planned a thing yet!

Awesome! It will be a whole different world for you!

So we have 4 days in the parks on our trip and so far our plans are pretty loose because we're going with a big group and I don't really know what their touring style is and they'll have a 5 year old who has never been to a Disney park. Our first day we'll have just our family of 5 and FIL so I'm thinking this is our day to do my crew's must do list which will include any rides that are not at WDW because we were just there in December.

I'm trying to decide if we should hop to CA in the evening on this first day and do a few rides and try to see WOC. I have a feeling that the rest of the family, who will join us the next day, won't care so much about seeing WOC at any point in the trip. And my family is capable of staying up later than the 5 year old too, so we could do the later show which I understand might be less crowded. Thoughts?

I might do that if I were you. You'll still be fresh and rested that first day-and if the other family wants to see the show when they arrive, you can either split up that night or see it again :).

So I'm looking at Touring Plans crowd calendars-I know they aren't super-accurate for DL-and wanted to check in with you guys about what your predictions are. We will arrive at SNA the morning of the 4th, and will be there til mid-afternoon on the 11th-so I have 5 park days to play with during that time. The 4th and 11th are Tuesdays.

Touring Plans show the first two days-the 4th and 5th-as the busiest, 9 and 8 respectively, dropping to 5s to 7s the rest of our trip. Thoughts about that? It seems kind of random, unless there is something I'm missing (eg are those the last two days before school starts or something?). If the 4th is really a 9, I'll wait and not use a park day then-we can head to the beach and do Downtown Disney or something.

DD and I will be arriving August 11, for six days! Five at the parks combined with three at D23. Hope to meet many DIS members during our visit!

Last edited:
We told our oldest daughter about our trip over the weekend with the help of some fellow Disney fans. She was so excited she almost cried. Now she just has to keep the secret from her sisters for a few more weeks.

Sorry for not updating, it's been a bit nuts here! :D

August 1
amyg1975 Aug 1-2
cgh Aug 1-6 DLH

August 2
j2thomason Aug 2-6 Camelot
momof4fans Aug 2-8 Park Vue Inn
gerilyne Aug 2-8
Mama Mia Aug 2-8 Courtyard Irvine

August 3
Pixie Dust x3 Aug 3-4 Candy Cane Inn
beachdreamr1229 Aug 3-5 HOJO
Disneyanajc Aug 3-7 PPH

August 4
rentayenta Aug 4-7 Anaheim Hilton/Seal Beach
Limace Aug 4-11 Springhill Convention Centre

August 5

August 6

August 7
Winnowill Aug 7-12

August 8
pamcarey Aug 8-16

August 9
Elk Grove Chris Aug 9-11 Carousel Inn
kindra657 Aug 9-12
czmom Aug 9-14 VGC
jkolkemo Aug 9-16
PatMcDuck Aug 9-16 GCH/PP split

August 10

coloredimage Aug 10-13
Luv_Tink Aug 10-14
Sjwillia Aug 10-14 Best Western Park Place Inn
jlyanks85 Aug 10-15 DLH
DLSean22 - Aug 10-15 PVI
sc426 Aug 10-17 GCH (Leader of the Band)
Halloweenqueen Aug 10-17 Desert Inn

August 11
jhoannam Aug 11-13 Castle Inn
nana50 Aug 11-13 Sheraton
PrncessA Aug 11-13 Desert Palms
AnnMarBill Aug 11-15
Rubygoose Aug 11-19 HOJO/GCH

August 12
CynthiaC925 Aug 12-17 Hyatt

August 13
audrey2580 Aug 13-15 GCH
woodlygrrl Aig 13-15
PlutoJenn Aug 13-16 PVI
Missyrose Aug 13-17 Hilton Anaheim
Brumeiser Aug 13-17 Hilton Anaheim

August 14
ScrtSolstice Aug 14-16
Pygmypuff07 Aug 14-21
tiffjoy Aug 14-23 CCI

August 15
bfost87 Aug 15-16 Marriott Suites
Karbase8 Aug 15-20 DLH
Golf4food Aug 15-21 HOJO/GCH

August 16
dorchrislen Aug 16-17 Hotel Menage

August 17

August 18
Girlie1 Aug 18-22 VGC
Duckwife Aug 18-22 DI&S
michelle1177 Aug 18-24 Hojo

August 19

August 20

August 21

heidica Aug 21-26 BWPPI

August 22
Dizzy4DL Aug 22-26 BW
marx Aug 22-26 GCH
Imdboss Aug 22-28 Embassy Suites S
Joyful Disney Aug 22-28 Tropicana
Tinker1972 Aug 22-29 Tropicana
Rjmdds Aug 22-30 GCH

August 23
Cameo818 Aug 23-27 PPH
Aladora Aug 23-28 DI&S
pinky Aug 23-28 GCH
DnA2010 Aug 23-29 Desert Inn and Suites
wildflower329 Aug 23-29 Park Vue Inn

August 24

August 25
ThumperWabbit Aug 25-26

August 26

DaveNinja Aug 26-31
pattyduke34 Aug 26-31
Ckmommy72 Aug 26-Sep 2

August 27
theworldneedscolor Aug 27-28
Mickeybell Aug 27-31 PPH
buttercup14 Aug 27-31

August 28
mlnbabies Aug 28-30 Holiday Inn
DWillowBay Aug 28-Sep 4

August 29

August 30

August 31

Unknown dates:

ndpeirce
scubamouse
ixmnrs

Whew, finally updated!

Aladora :love:The list is looking good, boy! has it grown!

We are getting close, less then 3 weeks, made reservations today for the new PPH buffet, and world of color dining package...so ready!

We leave 2 weeks from tomorrow!!!!! I just did the mail hold, I send in info to special diets for my food allergy son, I bought all the in room gifts, I completed my Amazon Fresh order, I started my diapers.com order, ordered photopass plus, received my Disney Visa redemption card, ordered prescriptions, and am beginning my pack list.!!

The night before we leave my son has a thing at his camp so I'm not getting home until 8. I want to do as much as I can ahead of time so I'm not up all night packing.

We leave 3 weeks from tomorrow! I've got my to do list and packing list all sorted and am working my way through them. Daughters are all out of town this weekend so Hubby and I are hoping to get over to our RV and clean it all out and get it ready to go so all we have to do is load it up and head out on August 7th!

We have a ton of stuff going on between now and when we leave so it's going to go fast!

I've just arrived in Ottawa for my annual sister trip so I won't update the list until early next week.

Happy planning everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter