****Official August 2015 Check-In Thread****

Count me in for the 10th to 14th of August. Over the last 10 years I have taken my 15 grandkids and their parents. This trip will be just me and a good friend. I am looking forward to doing all the things I didn't have time or could not afford to do with kids in tow. Top of the list is dinner at BB.

I have reservations at Best Western Park Place Inn. Does anyone have experience with this hotel they could share?

Well I was excited about our trip before, but now I am REALLY excited with the recent announcements for the anniversary!!! I love MSEP at WDW- so the new night time parade will be awesome! And seeing the diamond overlay on the castle....yes please :) new firework show too!

Can't wait to hear even more details.

Happy planning everyone!

We will also be there the last week of August. It will be our first trip to Disneyland after many trips to WDW. It will also be our first trip as DVC owners. We will be staying at the Villas at the GC. We were very lucky to snag a studio for the week. We are on the moon with excitement. i have been reading the DL forums incessantly trying to learn all that I can.

Congrats on being DVC owners!! We are too :)

You will love VGC. The convenience is great! DLR is so much easier to get around without buses or boats. We thought our December 2013 would be our only trip to DLR and then we would stick with WDW....well we enjoyed it so much we are going back!

I was lucky enough to snag a 1 bedroom at VGC at 7 months. So excited. :cool1: We will be there from 8/18 to 8/22. This will be our first trip to CA. It will be me, DS15 and DS11. Can't wait.

I was lucky enough to snag a 1 bedroom at VGC at 7 months. So excited. :cool1: We will be there from 8/18 to 8/22. This will be our first trip to CA. It will be me, DS15 and DS11. Can't wait.

Congrats! I know the feeling! It is our first trip too.

Joining in! We are looking to do a roadtrip down, to be in Disney from August 23rd-29th! Have booked the Desert Inn and Suites as the price and location are quite good. So excited to take DD back, last time she was 6 and will be 11 this time!

Just wanted to join in on the excitement. We just booked HOJO for August 3-5 and I think it's going to be great with our kids (5 year old boy and 1.5 year old twins). We've never stayed offsite before and don't go on a ton of overnight vacations, so I'm really excited for this new opportunity. We visit a lot being that we're locals, but we don't usually stay later than 2:30 in the afternoon, so we miss all the exciting nighttime stuff. Can't wait to see all the night entertainment set up for the 60th!

After way too much research and debate, my daughter and I have decided on August 11-16. This trip is her 16th birthday gift. I selfishly tried to convince her to go during Halloween season, but she has band commitments, etc. :D

We plan to go to one day of the D23 expo, either Friday or Saturday, once they announce the offerings. I am worried about a sell out, so I might have to make our decision early. I hear Saturday is the best day to attend, but Saturday might be the better park day.

We are staying at Desert Inn, since it's just the two of us. Can't beat the location.

Will the OP being starting a August DISer list in the first post? Monthly threads usually have them. I always enjoy reviewing the additions. I wanted to add this request in the virtual suggestion box. Much appreciated!

Count me in for the 10th to 14th of August. Over the last 10 years I have taken my 15 grandkids and their parents. This trip will be just me and a good friend. I am looking forward to doing all the things I didn't have time or could not afford to do with kids in tow. Top of the list is dinner at BB.

I have reservations at Best Western Park Place Inn. Does anyone have experience with this hotel they could share?

Looks like we will be there and at the same hotel the same time you will be. The walk is nice, and so quick. I would have to say they are not the best at cleaning, we had a soap clump in our shower for a week, it became a game to see how long it would take for them to clean it. Never reported it, as the rest of the room was clean. Depending where your room is they can often not clean your room until after you have come back in the afternoon for a break, many times we had to escape to the pool so they could clean. The breakfast is free, pretty good, although it does get a little old if you are there for a week or more, you should be fine, shorter stay. We will be there from the 8-17, so I think I might do a breakfast somewhere else one day to mix it up a bit. The

We are hoping to be there around the 4th, looking at the new Springhill Suites. 5 in my family-kids 5, 9 and 18, and then my daughter's boyfriend plans to join, so their bunk bed rooms look like a good choice (and Tom gave them a rave review on the podcast). Super excited-we haven't been to a Disney park, except for one day at DL Paris, in three years, which is way too long for me. Thinking I'll splurge a bit-Anna and Elsa makeover for my 9 year old (whose name is actually Else :) ) and maybe Napa Rose for husband and I, since we will have built in babysitters!

We're pretty set on doing a late August trip. We live in NY and our schools go back in September (although probably not after labor day this year) Our plan is to visit family in San Fran for a few days then fly to LAX and use the Howard Johnson's at DL as our base. We'd mostly do the parks but will probably try and fit in a beach day. Crescent Bay sounds great or we'll beach hop to a few spots.

Was reading through the thread and wanted to respond to you really quick to mention that it might be easier to fly into SNA from SFO if you haven't already made reservations. It will put you closer to DL and it's a nice small airport so really quick and easy to get out of there. United and Southwest fly there direct from SFO.

Yay I'm so glad this thread got started, thanks to the OP!

I just firmed up plans with DH last night and we are going to fly in to Burbank on 8/22, go to Universal 8/23, get some type of car service to DL that night and be in the parks from 8/24-8/29 with a day off in the middle to relax. We haven't decided where we will be staying, but most likely at Doubletree Suites where we stayed in Oct.

So excited for our upcoming August trip. We will be there from August 21st-26th staying at the BWPPI. It's myself, DH, DD (20) and DS (5). We will be celebrating DS 6th birthday. We have stayed at BWPPI before and it has been fine. Nothing fancy but adequate. We really only sleep at the hotel and spend all day out at the parks so the location is key for us. Plus this year I have enough BW Reward points to cover 2 nights. We are going to fly into John Wayne from Seattle. Lots of flights there on Alaska. And often a little less than flying to LAX. Last time we did Goofy's Kitchen character meal but this time I'm looking into Ariel's Grotto. I've never eaten there before. Excited for all the 60th Anniversary stuff too.

So excited for our upcoming August trip. We will be there from August 21st-26th staying at the BWPPI. It's myself, DH, DD (20) and DS (5). We will be celebrating DS 6th birthday. We have stayed at BWPPI before and it has been fine. Nothing fancy but adequate. We really only sleep at the hotel and spend all day out at the parks so the location is key for us. Plus this year I have enough BW Reward points to cover 2 nights. We are going to fly into John Wayne from Seattle. Lots of flights there on Alaska. And often a little less than flying to LAX. Last time we did Goofy's Kitchen character meal but this time I'm looking into Ariel's Grotto. I've never eaten there before. Excited for all the 60th Anniversary stuff too.

Just wanted to say hi to a fellow SEA-SNA traveller! We will be there the same time, 22-28 for us.

Making our first west coast pilgrimage August 15-21st. Three nights at the HOJO, three nights in a 1br Grand Cali villa. Our little guy will be 4 so we figured it was perfect for Carsland. We can't wait to see his reaction.

DH thinks I am a bit nuts seeing as we just went to DL in Feb and have a December WDW trip planned but I just booked DI&S for Aug 23-28! :rolleyes1

We'll be there August 11-13, staying at Castle inn. First family trip myself, DH, DD7 & DD4. We are so excited.

We are so excited to be returning to DL for the Diamond Celebration. We will be there Aug 28 - Sept 4...or 5th. (I vote for the 5th!). I went to school at Cal State/ Long Beach, so I was blessed to go to DL a lot in those years. This will be our first trip since 2007. So excited to see all the changes...and the 'old friends' as well. :smickey:

We have expanded our plans. We are going the 10-17th, probably going to all three days of the expo!

We'll be there in April, but are also planning to go again from August 23-27, staying at the PPH. Looking forward to all the 60th decorations and events!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter