****Official August 2014 Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, any of you early birds have copies of the hotel activities?

Just click on the link below and then choose your hotel. There is an activities tab for each resort. I'm not sure if they're all updated yet. I saw Animal Kingdom Lodge still has July, but the other ones I clicked on had August already.

http://www.themouseforless.com/tripplanning/resorts/wdw/faq.shtml#villa

17 days to go for me! We are doing a split stay between Saratoga Springs and AKV!! Can't wait!!

We have 14 days til we're Orlando bound....and thanks to this long weekend I have only 7 work days left Wooo!

Currently, there will be more in our hand luggage than usual as Gatwick airport has been in the news for baggage problems! So I will have two changes of clothes, a swimsuit, my outfit for our anniversary, and a mini set of essential toiletries. Heard of some people who didn't receive their cases until five days into their holiday due to all the problems.

Yikes. Yeah I'd be wanting to bring all my stuff carry on lol.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

...leaving today for the world and I am wound tighter than an 8 day clock.

Wooo! 15 days til we go!!

QOTD What is in your carryon? Trying to decide what I need right away lol.

I do both carry-on and backpack (personal item). This is pretty easy for me to answer because I'm in the "triple checking before tomorrow night comes and you're SOL on something" phase.

So, in my carry-on I have:
- two hats (both straw - one large floppy hat, one smaller-rimmed)
- bathing suit
- extra outfit
- extra pair of shoes
- water bottle (empty)
- chilly towel
- a bag full of chargers for any/all electronics coming with us
- Minnie ears
- tissues
- purse (upacked)
- jewelry bag
- poncho

In my backpack, I have (or will have since it's waiting for most charging goods):
- iPad
- Kindle (I like reading a lot more on my kindle than on my iPad)
- Duffy
- iPod with headphones
- camera in camera bag
- iPhone
- baggie of liquid materials (chapstick, wipes, perfume, travel-sized sun screen, etc.)
- travel charger
- tickets/MagicBand
- folder with all travel information/ADR information/FastPass+ information
- wallet
- 3DS
- notebook & pen
- sunglasses
- baggie of necessary medicines
- neck pillow
- extra carabiners

Looking at this I realize it looks/sounds like a lot but my carry-on and bag are tiny (my backpack is the smallest Vera Bradley backpack that they make and my carry-on is maybe 17-18". I just got really, really good at packing during post-grad when I went plane-bus-cab/2-mile walk about once every couple of months.

...leaving today for the world and I am wound tighter than an 8 day clock.

Have a safe trip!

I got both sets of my MagicBands this week. My countdown is at 21 days! I cannot wait! I still haven't gotten my luggage tags and ME information yet.

I do both carry-on and backpack (personal item). This is pretty easy for me to answer because I'm in the "triple checking before tomorrow night comes and you're SOL on something" phase. So, in my carry-on I have: - two hats (both straw - one large floppy hat, one smaller-rimmed) - bathing suit - extra outfit - extra pair of shoes - water bottle (empty) - chilly towel - a bag full of chargers for any/all electronics coming with us - Minnie ears - tissues - purse (upacked) - jewelry bag - poncho In my backpack, I have (or will have since it's waiting for most charging goods): - iPad - Kindle (I like reading a lot more on my kindle than on my iPad) - Duffy - iPod with headphones - camera in camera bag - iPhone - baggie of liquid materials (chapstick, wipes, perfume, travel-sized sun screen, etc.) - travel charger - tickets/MagicBand - folder with all travel information/ADR information/FastPass+ information - wallet - 3DS - notebook & pen - sunglasses - baggie of necessary medicines - neck pillow - extra carabiners Looking at this I realize it looks/sounds like a lot but my carry-on and bag are tiny (my backpack is the smallest Vera Bradley backpack that they make and my carry-on is maybe 17-18". I just got really, really good at packing during post-grad when I went plane-bus-cab/2-mile walk about once every couple of months. Have a safe trip!

Thanks that helps me to think through a little more!

I got both sets of my MagicBands this week. My countdown is at 21 days! I cannot wait! I still haven't gotten my luggage tags and ME information yet.

You should call about the luggage and me tags if you don't get them by Wednesday as they should be there by now :-) we got ours at 30 days out.

Well today was the day! We surprised the kids this morning and just finished the first leg of our trip. Staying the night in Chattanooga and will finish up tomorrow. Here is the reveal http://youtu.be/i7Vh7yKendk

15 days to go, and today my Mum arrives to visit. We haven't seen her since Christmas so I can't wait for her to get here. We're off to see Lion King on Thursday, which neither of us have seen on stage, so that should be great!
:)

15 days to go, and today my Mum arrives to visit. We haven't seen her since Christmas so I can't wait for her to get here. We're off to see Lion King on Thursday, which neither of us have seen on stage, so that should be great!
:)

Oh have fun! Lion King's one of my absolute favorite stage shows, and definitely my favorite Disney musical.

I just woke up from sleep (admittedly this is the time I'd wake up for work during the school year) and now I'm wide awake because tomorrow is Disney! :cheer2: Part of me is convinced that if I just stay awake starting now I'll be more likely to want to go to bed around 7-8 this evening and I'll actually get some sleep in before 3 tomorrow morning :coffee:

Oh have fun! Lion King's one of my absolute favorite stage shows, and definitely my favorite Disney musical.

I just woke up from sleep (admittedly this is the time I'd wake up for work during the school year) and now I'm wide awake because tomorrow is Disney! :cheer2: Part of me is convinced that if I just stay awake starting now I'll be more likely to want to go to bed around 7-8 this evening and I'll actually get some sleep in before 3 tomorrow morning :coffee:

I'm up during the school year at 4:30, in the summer months I can't seem to sleep past 6. We're leaving between 3:30 and 4 tomorrow too! I know I won't be able to sleep.... It will be a long 8 hours in the car:) We hope the kids will go back to sleep. Fingers crossed :rotfl2:

15 days to go, and today my Mum arrives to visit. We haven't seen her since Christmas so I can't wait for her to get here. We're off to see Lion King on Thursday, which neither of us have seen on stage, so that should be great! :)

Have a great time with your mum! I challenge you not to cry at the opening to Circle of Life - I always cry!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter