****Official August 2014 Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question of the Day.....Other then packing, laundry...what are some last minute things you need to do, or purchases you haven't made yet?
I am 25 days out so I still need to get some more summer shorts/leggings to pack, get a manicure and a pedicure, order a new in park bag (any suggestions??), order some 'keep cool' items like a FroggTogg etc and finally do laundry and pack as I get closer! I still haven't gotten my MagicBands or my Mickey Mail, but I know they have shipped so I am anxiously waiting! :yay:[/QUOTE]

I bought the baggallini messenger bag. I tested it at our local amusement park and it worked great. Lots if room but not too big for rides!

For those already there, how's the weather?

I keep checking weatherbug and it shows 60-80 percent chance of rain for more of the days we'll be there :scared: I checked today and it said 60 percent, are they passing showers or more of an all day thing? Hoping it's not that bad, we'll have fun anyway, just praying we won't have to deal with too much rain :sad2:

The weather will say at least 60% chance of rain for at least the entire month of August! I wouldn't trust any weather forecast for more than a day or two out. Florida gets a lot of thunderstorms this time of year and usually will have a shower every day in august around 3 or 4. Just bring a poncho and enjoy the shorter lines as everyone else leaves the parks!:goodvibes

Question of the Day.....Other then packing, laundry...what are some last minute things you need to do, or purchases you haven't made yet?

13 more days here

Still need to order groceries, snacks for carry on bag, small mister fans, looking for something to make an ID bracelet for DD, just a few toiletries. I also need a new park bag but can't decide. Trying to decide between something really small with room for a few essentials and bigger bag that would fit a poncho, water bottle and a few essentials.

The weather will say at least 60% chance of rain for at least the entire month of August! I wouldn't trust any weather forecast for more than a day or two out. Florida gets a lot of thunderstorms this time of year and usually will have a shower every day in august around 3 or 4. Just bring a poncho and enjoy the shorter lines as everyone else leaves the parks!:goodvibes

Good to know, thanks!

How are those Disney ponchos? I think I read once they're $8 each, is that right? Do they work well or should I look around for some here?

Good to know, thanks!

How are those Disney ponchos? I think I read once they're $8 each, is that right? Do they work well or should I look around for some here?

They are pretty low quality (they get ripped fairly easily). You might be better off picking something up at walmart or target ahead of time.

Good to know, thanks! How are those Disney ponchos? I think I read once they're $8 each, is that right? Do they work well or should I look around for some here?
They are pretty low quality (they get ripped fairly easily). You might be better off picking something up at walmart or target ahead of time.

We've had our ponchos from Disney for 4 years now. No ripping or tearing except one but it was my dd pulling on it that ripped it. WDW replaces them free of charge if they rip.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I had no idea, thanks for the info! We picked up 2 during our last trip and neither survived even the first day.

Any time :-) I didn't know this either until last year. A friendly DIS member gave me this tip!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Thanks for the great ideas....we have the 3 boys with us as well. I like the wedding pavilion idea! Thanks everyone

Not sure if they have changed, but DH and I have our Disney ponchos from 2002 and still wear them every trip and they are in perfect condition! (That's 12 years!!!) :goodvibes

Woohoo just got my BOG fastpass+ for 8/26 at the perfect time! That was the final piece of my planning. Magic Bands are on the way. Now we just have to wait.:hourglass

13 more days here

Still need to order groceries, snacks for carry on bag, small mister fans, looking for something to make an ID bracelet for DD, just a few toiletries. I also need a new park bag but can't decide. Trying to decide between something really small with room for a few essentials and bigger bag that would fit a poncho, water bottle and a few essentials.

Re: a small bag recommendation. I recently purchased this bag from REI:

http://www.rei.com/product/875787/overland-equipment-bayliss-shoulder-bag-womens-2014-closeout

It's on sale for $35.

I love it. It's small, but has tons of pockets. It's got card slots so it eliminates the need for a separate wallet. It's got fleece-lined pockets for your phone and sunglasses. I used it for a week travelling in Quebec and it was great. Comes it cute colors. Comfortable. I highly recommend it.:thumbsup2

22 days to go!

I spent the day yesterday crossing things off my list! All that's left to do is packing, getting US money and personal appointments (mani/pedi, hair trimmed & colour touched up) and doing online check in for our outbound flight!

My list went from a full page & a half to a few lines... Feeling much better!! lol.

Down to just a handful of days! 4 days, 19 hours (but who's counting?!)

And I may have a lead on a job - I'm doing a mock lesson tomorrow so cross your fingers and toes for me!

22 days to go!

I spent the day yesterday crossing things off my list! All that's left to do is packing, getting US money and personal appointments (mani/pedi, hair trimmed & colour touched up) and doing online check in for our outbound flight!

My list went from a full page & a half to a few lines... Feeling much better!! lol.

I did the same thing yesterday. There were a few specific things that I had been obsessing over needing to have for the villians party and I finally got them all in order and feel way better! A huge part of my list is crossed off now.

We found out a couple months ago, after our whole trip was paid in full, that our landlord wanted us to move out because we have dogs (which she is fully aware of and was ok with when we moved in). We have to be out September 1st and will be back August 31st around 11:30pm. So, now my biggest hurdle is getting our apartment all packed up before we go and ready to carry out as soon as we get home. I've started the packing and think I'm ahead of the game. Trying to just do a couple boxes everyday and starting to pack my Disney bags in the mean time!

I did the same thing yesterday. There were a few specific things that I had been obsessing over needing to have for the villians party and I finally got them all in order and feel way better! A huge part of my list is crossed off now. We found out a couple months ago, after our whole trip was paid in full, that our landlord wanted us to move out because we have dogs (which she is fully aware of and was ok with when we moved in). We have to be out September 1st and will be back August 31st around 11:30pm. So, now my biggest hurdle is getting our apartment all packed up before we go and ready to carry out as soon as we get home. I've started the packing and think I'm ahead of the game. Trying to just do a couple boxes everyday and starting to pack my Disney bags in the mean time!

Oh my gosh! That sounds so familiar! lol... I've moved 3 times since 2011 when I sold my house. My last one was this past January, we had gone to WDW the first week in December, came back & were right into Christmas festivities. I packed in stages - most being the week between Christmas & New Years.

I've just put a down on a brand new condo, so I'm facing another move - but since it isn't built yet, I have 15 to 18 months to stay put. Good luck with your move! I can totally relate ;)

18 more days! I've been thinking of wearing sundresses with biking shorts underneath... but of course i can't find any I like. I got some really cute things for DD though!
I bought O2 Cool misters - looking forward to trying those out, they're so small and easy to clip onto my bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter