****Official August 2014 Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased the Memory Maker package and I'm so glad I did. As a single mom I have literally needed to take two pictures, one of me, one of DS, and shop them together. This takes such a load off my mind.

Anyhoo! We will be there August 6th! Our flight is at 6AM, ridiculous time but then we'll have all day to have fun. I've been keeping an eye on the extended forecast and some spots say nice weather, others say rain. *shrugs* It will be awesome regardless.

I purchased the Memory Maker package and I'm so glad I did. As a single mom I have literally needed to take two pictures, one of me, one of DS, and shop them together. This takes such a load off my mind.

Anyhoo! We will be there August 6th! Our flight is at 6AM, ridiculous time but then we'll have all day to have fun. I've been keeping an eye on the extended forecast and some spots say nice weather, others say rain. *shrugs* It will be awesome regardless.

I wouldn't pay any attention to (or worry too much about) the forecast. You are going in August, so chances are it will be nice (but hot) every day, but it will also rain for a little bit every day - usually a 30 to 60 minute thunder storm rolls through in the afternoon or evening. At least that's been my experience during my several August trips. Bring ponchos and have fun!

People get together and split the cost of memory maker since there's no limit to the # of pictures. You create a ghost MDE account and invite everyone in the share as friends of that account, then use that account to purchase memory maker. Then everyone can go in and download their own pics. (I think, please correct me if I'm wrong :confused:)

There are facebook groups like "August 2014 Memory Maker Share" but they seem to be full, I can't get a response.

I'm slightly nervous about "hosting" since I've never done it, but if we could get 4 of us I'd give it a shot.

Ugh... wish I would have seen this sooner as Ijust gave in and purchased MM. I might have taken a chance since I was debating over it for so long. Anyway, GL hope this works out for you.

14 more days here!!:cool1:
The days are really dragging now. I still have a few things to purchase but otherwise I am ready to go already!

3 sleeps left. I'll be starting the drive south this time Thursday. Too much to do between then and now. Looking forward to the 72 hours of organized chaos!

Is anyone else feeling like the last few days are the hardest to wait? I can't think about anything else besides Disney and the days are crawling by so slowly!

(Usually I'm only thinking about Disney 90% of the time ;))

Have a safe journey and a fabulous trip!!

Have a great trip!!

21 days (3 weeks) here! Squee!

:wave2: HAVE SO MUCH FUN!!! pixiedust:

Thanks everyone. Such a nice day so far. ME left promptly. We stopped at AoA and Pop first, but they were quick. When we got here, a nice CM Lisa, was standing outside. She asked if we had done online check in and we went right with her to the counter. She got all our things for us, our room was already cleaned and we were on our way. Our room location is great, overlooks the main lobby. Really close to elevators which is what I requested. We usually stay pool view, but this year, we wanted to stay three extra days so we stayed standard instead.

We already went to DTD. We did the shops and Disney Quest. It was not as crowded and crazy as I have read. Getting ready for dinner at Boma.

Thanks everyone. Such a nice day so far. ME left promptly. We stopped at AoA and Pop first, but they were quick. When we got here, a nice CM Lisa, was standing outside. She asked if we had done online check in and we went right with her to the counter. She got all our things for us, our room was already cleaned and we were on our way. Our room location is great, overlooks the main lobby. Really close to elevators which is what I requested. We usually stay pool view, but this year, we wanted to stay three extra days so we stayed standard instead.

We already went to DTD. We did the shops and Disney Quest. It was not as crowded and crazy as I have read. Getting ready for dinner at Boma.
Ah, that sounds like a perfect day. Sitting here Disney dreamin'!

Sounds like a wonderful start to your vacation! Enjoy Boma tonight! :)

Has anyone experienced MM? Is it worth the money? I'm hearing mixed reviews? Once downloaded it won't ask me for more $? I'll still be able to print @ CVS?

Danielle1971 said:
Has anyone experienced MM? Is it worth the money? I'm hearing mixed reviews? Once downloaded it won't ask me for more $? I'll still be able to print @ CVS?

Only more money if you want to buy prints, I'm pretty sure. You can print wherever! I'm getting it-my first time getting a photo package, but I won't be back til the 22nd to tell you if it's worth it. :)

Glad the first day went smoothly anjalee! Sounds great!

People get together and split the cost of memory maker since there's no limit to the # of pictures. You create a ghost MDE account and invite everyone in the share as friends of that account, then use that account to purchase memory maker. Then everyone can go in and download their own pics. (I think, please correct me if I'm wrong :confused:)

There are facebook groups like "August 2014 Memory Maker Share" but they seem to be full, I can't get a response.

I'm slightly nervous about "hosting" since I've never done it, but if we could get 4 of us I'd give it a shot.

Hi hforman!

If you are still willing to organize you can count me in! We are at WDW from Aug 3-9.

If heathsf did not join another group we may possibly have three. If so, paying $50 is better than $150. It can be less if we get a few more Dissers. Anyone else interested?

Please PM me if you have interest.

11 days, ack, I don't feel ready!! I'm second guessing everything because of the new FP and we're staying on site for the first time so I'm not sure how going back to the room midday will work into our touring plans. I'm so excited t have this time with DD but I don't want to screw anything up. worrying about Disney, first world problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter