****Official August 2014 Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
9 days! :cool1: So ready to leave now! Our YDS who is 6 races downstairs everyday after the mail comes and yells "Did we get Mickey mail today?!?" Then our ODS who is 11 will come racing down the stairs and wants to know the answer to that question. :rotfl2: They are so disappointed when the answer is no. We have made two little Disney fanatics out of them after all! :rotfl:

That is just so sweet. You will be there before you know it!

9 days! :cool1: So ready to leave now! Our YDS who is 6 races downstairs everyday after the mail comes and yells "Did we get Mickey mail today?!?" Then our ODS who is 11 will come racing down the stairs and wants to know the answer to that question. :rotfl2: They are so disappointed when the answer is no. We have made two little Disney fanatics out of them after all! :rotfl:

That's adorable :)

Aaah, nine days!!!! I can't wait!!!!

Can't believe it's only 2 more days! Need to finish laundry today and then we will be all packed and ready to go! :goodvibes

I know we haven't talked about this for a while. Did anyone make their LGMH? I just made mine and hooked it to my trip purse. I'm just going to post a link because the image is from my iPhone and pretty big.

digiMom's LGMH

If you see me, feel free to say "hi!"

I know we haven't talked about this for a while. Did anyone make their LGMH? I just made mine and hooked it to my trip purse. I'm just going to post a link because the image is from my iPhone and pretty big.

digiMom's LGMH

If you see me, feel free to say "hi!"

Love it!!! :thumbsup2 I will definitely say hi if I see you!!! :)

So with only 2 days left, I just switched four of our days around. I made new ADRs. I think I am finally done. Tomorrow I have last minute packing to do and laundry that needs to get done. Then I am hoping we can just relax the rest of the day.

So with only 2 days left, I just switched four of our days around. I made new ADRs. I think I am finally done. Tomorrow I have last minute packing to do and laundry that needs to get done. Then I am hoping we can just relax the rest of the day.

Just in time! :lmao:

Just in time! :lmao:

I know, right? My DH just laughs at me and shakes his head. He used to want a say, but now he knows that I will just change the plans anyway so doing this ::yes:: works better when I tell him what I changed or ask if he's ok with the changes.

Has anyone been able to find good car rental deals? I'm having a hard time. I'm looking at Alamo or National so I can drop it off mid-trip onsite.

Car rental prices for August 2014 have not followed the same pattern as they have in the two previous years. Rates are MUCH higher and we haven't seen the sharp decline in price at the 4-6 week mark as we have for our August 2012 and 2013 trips.

Our best rate so far was secured way back in early April. We have a midsize SUV with National for $233 a week, taxes included ($466 total for two weeks). SUV rentals for the same time period, if booked now, are anywhere from $700-1200.

We're all getting so close.......anjalee is really close! :thumbsup2

Question of the Day.....Other then packing, laundry...what are some last minute things you need to do, or purchases you haven't made yet?

Here is my to do list....

- buy American money :crazy2:
- haircuts for everyone
- buy new socks for everyone
- buy extra sunblock
- ask a neighbor to collect my mail (totally forgot about this until now) :upsidedow

Question of the Day.....Other then packing, laundry...what are some last minute things you need to do, or purchases you haven't made yet?

We have eight days until we leave!
My to do list:
1. Buy food for the room, I won't do this until the day before we leave.
2. Get cash, we never carry it but I know that some places don't take the GC or our debit card.
3. Finish laundry and finish packing.

Here's mine:

Make tip envelopes for Mousekeeping

Oldest daughter needs to pack her suitcase

Everything else is finished and packed up and we all got haircuts last weekend.

11 days left to go for us!

Well, we leave 3 weeks from today, so plenty of time. Here's our list:
1. Find rides to/from airport (this is the biggest one; we don't want to pay for 11 days of airport parking and were planning on MIL or FIL who now seem to be unavailable)
2. Get quarters for laundry and fives for tips
3. Finalize those ADRs! Thought we had them set, then spent at least an hour yesterday moving things around and aren't completely happy (but pretty happy!)
4. Also haircuts--the only time I could find for mine was the day before we leave--hope it doesn't make me crazy to be getting highlights for 2 hours when I could be packing

I'm sure I'll think of more as I read your wonderful lists. For those leaving in 2-3 days, have a GREAT vacation and tell us all about it!

- Swimsuits for moi (the boys are covered :thumbsup2)
- Haircuts for the guys.....a cut and colour for me
- A trip to the vet for kitty, to clip her nails and have her checked before she's left for two weeks to be cared for by the pet sitter

Car rental prices for August 2014 have not followed the same pattern as they have in the two previous years. Rates are MUCH higher and we haven't seen the sharp decline in price at the 4-6 week mark as we have for our August 2012 and 2013 trips.

Our best rate so far was secured way back in early April. We have a midsize SUV with National for $233 a week, taxes included ($466 total for two weeks). SUV rentals for the same time period, if booked now, are anywhere from $700-1200.

I noticed the same things for flights this year. I've in the past made flight reservations at the 4 week AND 2 week at very good prices.I had to switch airlines just to get the same rate I saw 6 weeks out. However I was previously flying out of Atl and now I am flying out of a smaller city airport so maybe thats why. I've always flown Delta, not for this trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter