****Official August 2014 Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Magic Bands came in the mail yesterday. Checking in 8/8 for a week at the CR. Getting so close now I can taste the Dole Whips. :thumbsup2

I'm so jealous of you all receiving your magic bands! Because I'm in the UK, we have to collect ours at the resort... I want mine nowww lol

Don't feel too bad....us Canadians don't get them either. Plus it's one less thing to pack! :goodvibes

Yeah and we have two sets so it takes up even more room. Lol. I have to take them out of the boxes and put them into one so they don't take up as much space.

True I didn't think of that lol. Trust me, I need every inch of my suitcase ;)

Yeah, suitcase space is valuable. Picking them up at the resort will save some space for you.

Yeah and we have two sets so it takes up even more room. Lol. I have to take them out of the boxes and put them into one so they don't take up as much space.

Yeah, suitcase space is valuable. Picking them up at the resort will save some space for you.

Make sure you have your magic bands in your carry on. You'll want them at ME and for hotel check in:)

I'm so jealous of you all receiving your magic bands! Because I'm in the UK, we have to collect ours at the resort... I want mine nowww lol
Don't feel too bad....us Canadians don't get them either. Plus it's one less thing to pack! :goodvibes

Yeah I'm jealous too but I can use that extra packing space for our fish extender gifts for our cruise lol.

Can't wait! Tomorrow is 30 days to vacation!!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Make sure you have your magic bands in your carry on. You'll want them at ME and for hotel check in:)

Thanks! Yes, we put them in our carry on luggage. We used them twice last year and having them, out especially at ME, was very useful. :thumbsup2

Thanks for all of you being so kind, this is a special memory for our family :grouphug:
Sheena inspired me to share it again. I have been reading her posts on facebook, wanting to understand EVERYTHING, working hard to plan her family's trip as perfect as she can. Her excitement and enthusiasm makes me nostalgic about our first trip.

For us planners in the family, our first trip is special in a different way...it is a labor of love and no other trip is like it.

I like sitting near the flag pole, because sometimes you get to see a family see the castle for the very first time...magic pixiedust:

We do not love Disney not because of the rides, but because how we feel when we are there and the memories we make with our family.

A Disney Chicken Soup for the Soul could happen, I have read so many beautiful stories over the years. I just read the sweetest story on the Facebook "Disney Addict" page, sooo sweet, it made me misty, if I knew how to copy and paste a picture story I would. :goodvibes

We are in the 20's today :dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer:

DisneyQueenie I love your story:love::love: I think what I love the most is something you wrote in the above post, "We do not love Disney because of the rides, but because of how we feel when we are there and the memories we make with our family".
I think that probably sums it up for lots of us here, and is a good answer for people who give us the "AGAIN????" when they hear we're headed back to our happy place. So much of it is about the feelings, that's what lasts and comes flooding back when you walk into a park or check in to your resort, or even hop on ME on return trips. It's wonderful that those CM's helped shape your families feelings from day one and that's what has made you guys return time and again!

Wanted to give an update on my ss broken arm. He got put under this morning and everything went great. He got a sweet blue water proof cast! DR said he can go in the pool tomorrow! So relieved! Thank you all for all your positive thoughts and vibes! :grouphug:

ON a side note! I had to go to the immediate care sunday when I grabbed the wrong end of my curling wand and scorched the palm of my left hand! Severe 1st dregree burns. lol if only this family can stay in 1 piece before this trip! :joker:

Yay for the great news on your SS! :banana:

Sorry to hear about your burn, though. I have done the exact same thing before on my straightener and its NOT fun :headache: .

What an amazing story! I want to show people this story when I get the "OMG you are going to DISNEY AGAIN" eyerolls. What an incredible story!

Wanted to give an update on my ss broken arm. He got put under this morning and everything went great. He got a sweet blue water proof cast! DR said he can go in the pool tomorrow! So relieved! Thank you all for all your positive thoughts and vibes! :grouphug:

ON a side note! I had to go to the immediate care sunday when I grabbed the wrong end of my curling wand and scorched the palm of my left hand! Severe 1st dregree burns. lol if only this family can stay in 1 piece before this trip! :joker:

ssshhhh! I am going to tell you an embarrassing secret, but you can't tell anyone :rolleyes1 ...I once burned my **** (LOL, they edited the word, I will say "one of the girls")
with a curling iron :lmao: I did not go to the emergency room, but had a scar for the longest time. Hope this makes you laugh, and know that you are the only one! :hug: Glad things are going well for your son and God Bless who ever invented water proof casts, that person deserves a special place in heaven. :lovestruc

I wish I knew how to do multiple quotes :surfweb: ...I am tech challenged :badpc:
Thank you, for everyones sweet comments about my post. You always feel a bit vulnerable when you share something that is so very special to you. So a sincere thank you to you all for your kindness! :blush: :lovestruc :blush:

OK, the Disney dreams are starting, a sure sign I am getting close to my trip! :dance3:
I had multiple dreams last night, about Disney snacks, BOG fastpasses, and my magic band coming to me in gray :rolleyes2
Have the dreams started for you and if they have what are they? :rotfl:

Had to share my excitement!!:bounce:
Booked ADRs and FP and now we are only have 23 days to go!! Got my magic bands on monday! Got BOG lunch fastpass this morning! Things are coming together and can't wait for our family vacation!!
Thank you to the DIS boards for all the wonderful advice!:goodvibes

Had to share my excitement!!:bounce:
Booked ADRs and FP and now we are only have 23 days to go!! Got my magic bands on monday! Got BOG lunch fastpass this morning! Things are coming together and can't wait for our family vacation!!
Thank you to the DIS boards for all the wonderful advice!:goodvibes

Excellent!

We got our passports yesterday! Phew! :)

ssshhhh! I am going to tell you an embarrassing secret, but you can't tell anyone :rolleyes1 ...I once burned my **** (LOL, they edited the word, I will say "one of the girls")
with a curling iron :lmao: I did not go to the emergency room, but had a scar for the longest time. Hope this makes you laugh, and know that you are the only one! :hug: Glad things are going well for your son and God Bless who ever invented water proof casts, that person deserves a special place in heaven. :lovestruc

I wish I knew how to do multiple quotes :surfweb: ...I am tech challenged :badpc:
Thank you, for everyones sweet comments about my post. You always feel a bit vulnerable when you share something that is so very special to you. So a sincere thank you to you all for your kindness! :blush: :lovestruc :blush:

OK, the Disney dreams are starting, a sure sign I am getting close to my trip! :dance3:
I had multiple dreams last night, about Disney snacks, BOG fastpasses, and my magic band coming to me in gray :rolleyes2
Have the dreams started for you and if they have what are they? :rotfl:

HAHAHA Thats hysterical!!! Thanks for the laugh this morning! Glad your "girls" are ok :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter