****Official August 2014 Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tired to book for our trip 8/23-8/31 ad the dates came up 8/23-8/29 but it kept saying no FP were available? Is that because it really hasn't opened up yet?

I got my official BOG FP email on the 7/10 and we are going on the 8/4. If that info helps at all. Also, they mailed the bands for me on 7/10, and 7/12 ( I have a split stay on the 8/10) as well. AND..... I Just got Both sets of bands in the mail today!!!!

This is for Sheena I copied it from an ooooooooooooooold post, this was my first trip. When you read it, you may see why you make me think of me planning my first trip to Disney. I did not want to post on facebook, because I have co-workers who know me and I really do not want to share this in that type of forum, it is too personal for me and too special in my heart.

So here it is:

O.K. this is really long, so maybe you should just skip it and I apologize if you read it before, because I did post it once before...but I thought I would post it for those who do want to read it. I love Pixie Dust threads and positive threads about Disney because I love Disney soooo, and I have to say I have had so many pixie dust moments in the Parks and I think it is because of our true love of Disney and how we pass pixie dust along whenever we can, and we even do this in our daily life when we are not in Disney and call it Pixie Dust moments.

so here it is (warning: verra, verra looooooooooooong)

My Pixie Dust moment , then Horrible moment, then turned into a Magical moment
Well first you need a little background to truly understand this story and this is long winded so you may not want to read this…
First my oldest DD was turning 9, and don’t ask me why the age 9 FREAKED me out! I was thinking that life was passing us by and we never did any family vacations or anything for that matter because money was so tight. I started thinking how I always told myself that we would take our 3 DD’s someday when we could afford it. When they were toddlers and we could not afford to go, I would tell myself “it’s O.K. you’re not going to Disney now, the kids will not even remember it” The nagging feeling of wanting to take my girls to Disney stayed with me and I would tell myself each year “definitely next year”.
So when my oldest turned 9, I freaked she was long saying good-bye to princesses I could see her slipping away into being a truly big girl. I panicked! I kept thinking she will never experience Disney wanting to be a princess, let alone believing in princesses.

Now let me preface this with I have been with my DH for close to 17 years, we are on the same page for everything that is important…but on this matter we were having a throw down and this lady was willing to go to the mat for this one because I was in a panic, my baby was growing up!
I mentioned how I was feeling about my DD and Disney. At that time my DH but he was stressed to the MAX about bills, so he was just mad that I even mentioned it to him let alone considering it.
Now I am frugal in nature, I love thrift stores, yard sales, I only buy food on sale and will stock up on a year’s supply…you get the picture. I had hardly any credit debt, and work to help pay the bills. So you understand that this was a big deal for me to this and quite out of character.
I never was a real computer person, but I decided to just start researching about Disney. Well I eventually found the DIS but not current version but an archived version, I read months and months of threads, I thought ROBO was royalty of the DIS Well then one day I found the live version of the DIS boards and started reading both. Then I found out about free dining! and thought I think I could do this, we could go to Disney! So I did it, I paid for it in full on one of my credit cards…I had never done something like this in my life without telling my husband…then I had to tell him…it was ugly.
It was a huge bone of contention between us all the way up to our trip…now I knew I had to make this trip perfect or else…if it was the least stressful for DH our trip would be awful and I knew this was my only chance to get it right.
So I READ EVERYTHING I COULD LAY MY GREEDY LITTLE HANDS ON ABOUT DISNEY, I WAS OBSESSED! , WHEN I SAY OBSESSED I MEAN I SLEPT, ATE AND DRANK DISNEY PLANNING! This was another bone of contention in our house, but our marriage is strong- what I had in my defense is that we have gone through many storms and I am aaaaaaaaaaalways good, the rock, the shoulder to lean on and I kept reminding my DH of that fact and he knew it to be true…because really I am a good person and a good wife.
Anyways I digress…so through the DIS I eventually found TGM, it was the best decision I ever made. I devoured everything on that site too! TGM and the DIS helped me do everything… The SVC ladies at TGM held my hand through the whole planning process and I will forever be forever grateful for their patience and for the kindness shown to me. The DIS was fabulous day, noon or night if I had a question…I nearly always got INSTANT GRATIFICATION with someone answering yet another lame question I had. I will never forget the time Robo took the time to explain to me all about water park tickets, even though I did not get what he was saying at first, he further explained. I felt like I was talking to the King himself, lol!
I had spreadsheets, I had touring plans, I had tip cards, CM thank-you cards, from the talented designers on the DISboards and Traveling gal on TGM I had T-shirts, personalized invitations, tink notes, welcome cards, coin holder designs, birthday shirts, cards and ADR invitations…ARE YOU GETTING THE PICTURE??? I was a full blown crazy lady completely obsessed with planning. When it came to this first trip I was truly working towards a Doctorate in Disney planning for the hours that I was putting into this trip.
Now money was verra, verra tight, so for this reason we did not tell the girls about the trip, because I was afraid I would not have enough money for spending…it was that tight right up to the 45 day mark! That’s why I just decided to keep it a surprise…now that is a whole other story and I will not get into that because this is long enough as it is.
So back to the story at hand my Pixie Dust moment…
Well here I am I have just stepped off of the magical express…we have just told the children 8 hours ago that we were going to Disney…I am at POR….OH MY GOSH!!! It is beautiful, just like in the pictures (for a family of 5 this was the absolute cheapest option, off site was never an option… my DH needed to have to do nothing for this trip no driving NOTHING or it would not work, believe me!) I see the hidden Mickeys up in the rafters, I am exploding inside with excitement, and I am in line to actually check in…this is really happening I am here.
I tell myself get a grip…you got to control yourself…they are going to think you are a crazy lady…oh and keep in mind I had one hour sleep and it was 12 pm the next day. I just could not sleep the night before because I was just too crazy exited…Anyways I am waiting in line…I am getting closer, which CM will I get, which room will I get?...the moment is here…I cannot believe it! I keep telling myself “act normal” my heart was beating out of my chest and I am shaking…”this is just crazy” I think to myself.
I say hello trying to have a normal tone…the CM is talking to me, I am smiling calling her by her name, she is being super nice…I think to myself “oh my God everything I have read about Disney CM’s is true, they are as nice as I have read, IT IS ALL TRUE! Everything I have been reading about Disney over the last 8 months is true…this is magical and so special…
Well I think something in my tone or face was coming through to the CM because I could tell she was starting to be uncomfortable by the way she was acting…I realized she thought she was doing something wrong…That was it…I blurted it all out…It was like the Hoover Dam broke through, I was crying, laughing …showing her my spread sheets from my Disney binder…now several CM’s were by us and giving me tissues and my husband was shaking his head and rolling his eyes in resignation…but he was softening…Disney was working it’s magic on the man! The CM who was checking me in was LaShaunna, she was so sweet…every time she tried to tell me about something about POR I would finish her sentence, it almost became a game between the two of us…she definitely thought I was a tad crazy, but in a good way… at least I think…we shall see what you think later in my story…
Well at the end I told her how since this would probably be our only trip to Disney that I had planned a Birthday for each of my DD’s and all the stuff I had done… and if I could get a character card for their Birthday…she told me that it was too short of notice and I told her I totally understood, and I figured it hurt nothing to ask…so she gave us our room number and it was wonderful, not what I requested but I did not care because WE WERE AT DISNEY!!!!
Now fast forward to a few days later…it is our HS day we were at HS from RD to after Fantasmic, we were exhausted we opened our room door…
On one of the beds were toys and cards…each girls had a card with their favorite character, pooh, Pluto and Minnie and each girl had a different gift.
Now my oldest DD the one this whole trip was for… got the little chubby looking princess babies…now let me back up a bit after we surprised her she weeped with happiness from the moment we told her…all the way to the airport…when she saw the castle… she even allowed me to put her in a princess dress and said yes to BBB…My dream came true she was a princess at the castle…
Back to the story, so she got these chubby princesses and lost her mind! Me and DH looked at each other as if “Did you do this?” neither one of us did this…we told the girls the presents were not from us…they had to be from Mickey Mouse???
I started thinking of my DBIL or could it possibly be LaShaunna???
Well we called DBIL and he said it was not him…the next day LaShaunna called and I spoke to her but I had to choose my words carefully so DD’s would not know that I was thanking her. I wanted to do in person, but we had to be at an ADR…so every day I would walk to the front desk to look for her she was never there…when I returned home I wanted to thank her so I sent a letter to Disney. I do not know if she ever get it, but I just wanted to hug her and thank her! Who knows maybe she is on the DIS/TGM and will read this…

Now a couple of days later we were in the MK, Tink had given my girls 3 fanny packs to hold their treasures for the Parks. Now my oldest DD had been carrying her pins and chubby baby princess in her fanny pack with her everywhere she went. I warned her to be careful, but I was not too worried about this DD because she is the classic oldest child…SUPER responsible and just an all around good kid…you can feel what’s coming can’t you??
Yep, she lost it…we think it happened on Dumb… now she realized it was gone almost immediately, so we were surprised to no find it…now I started to console her as all mothers do, but I was not prepared for her answer…
I told her we could replace anything that she had lost and that we would do it at that exact moment, money be d*****
She looked up at me with her red swollen face and with tears in her big blue eyes and said to me…
But Mommy we cannot replace the Belle doll, because Mickey gave it to her…
My reply was we could find an exact replacement…now here it comes…it just about took the breath away from me when she said this to me because it was so painfully bittersweet, I was getting what I wanted my little girl who believed in fairytales, magic and Mickey… wait …here it comes…
She said, “but Mommy it would not be from Mickey” (insert crying jag me and her) as I write this I am even getting teary that is how vivid that moment is to me.
Now this is the little girl that I was so afraid, that was turning the corner into becoming the full blown big girl who no longer believed in Disney, Princesses or the Easter Bunny…Just stab me in the heart already I was done…Meanwhile Daddy is watching the both of us and not liking his girls to be both crying…then her two sisters joined with the tears and we all were hugging
This is when my hero came to my rescue charging in with his white Nike’s and his baseball cap…my DH said “ we are going to find it!” I had told him about Town Hall and how I read sometimes they can help when people need some help…so we went down Main Street to Town Hall and DH told them the whole story of how Mickey gave this toy to our DD…they could not help us, but were very kind and apologetic. We tried to continue on with our day, but the whole day DD was sad, but tried to put on a brave face for our family. Ouch that just killed me just a little more…
Now this was our Chef Mickey/Spectro night, so when we were waiting for the parade near the flagpole my Night in Shining Armor said he had to go to the bathroom…He again went to Town Hall, this CM said he was not sure if he could find her fanny pack, but he wanted my DH to come back after the parade.
So I know that none of this is going on, I am completely oblivious as are the girls. So during the parade, DH pretended he got a call from Mickey and we went to Town Hall. WELL GET READY FOR SOME MAGIC…

So we are tired and the parade is over this has been a long roller coaster of a day, and I just want to go home. I kind of gave my DH a hard time about going again to Town Hall. So we go in and we wait for the CM Greg, he come out from the back, but then he looks at all of us and asked if we could be patient with him and hold on just a bit longer…now I am getting kind of exited in a good way, but my oldest DD is just getting more anxious hoping to get her fanny pack back..
About 15 minutes later Greg returns. He explains to all of us that he spoke to Mickey before the Parade and told him what happened to the gift he gave to Larissa and what happened to her other stuff. He said Mickey told him to let Larissa pick out some special pins from his very own collection. Greg again went through the door behind the counter, and he came out with a Huge and I mean Huge Velvet book. He told Larissa that Mickey said she could pick out ANY 5 pins that she wanted and folks these pins were awesome! So she picked them out and was very politely thanked Greg and Greg came around the corner with 3 big Disney bags. He said Mickey felt just awful about his Birthday present being lost, so he wanted to make it up to her and Greg gave Larissa the biggest bag, and then gave 2 smaller bags to her sisters.
Larissa opened up her bag and there was a very big Mickey Mouse in her bag along with a very special autograph book, that was signed my Mickey and all of his friends, there were lots of hard to get characters names in this book. Now Larissa got all weepy and smiley again and hugged Greg and asked him if he would thank Mickey for her. I told her we could thank Mickey ourselves when we go to Epcot.
So yes myself professed knight in shining armor saved the day with a whole bunch of help from Mickey and the Special CM’s at MK.
Is it a wonder that my DH now is a closet Disney nut, he now calls me every day to tell me what day it is on our countdown. He leaves the planning to me, and he now helps me make the trips happen with money by working side jobs , overtime and tax money!
And one additional note, he told me several times on the trip that he was having a wonderful time watching the girls on this trip and that I had done a wonderful job planning the trip. I replied how I could have never done it without my axe murdering friends on TGM and the DIS. That is how he refers to all of you, but now he does it with a light heart and a smirky smile on his face. Yes, women I did get to hear those three little words that we all want to hear after a long battle of wills…those words that let us know we won the war…
My DH said “YOU WERE RIGHT, this was the best thing we have ever done for our family” and he said this on the plane. The next question out of his mouth…was how much did this cost? And I told him, and he said “We should do this again” I replied with a cat who swallowed the canary smile “ I have already booked bounce back” (thanks to my friends on the DIS I knew all about bounceback deals) The look on his face was PRICELESS I TELL YA!

Oh Disney Queenie, I'm like a blubbering fool in the park right now reading this as my kids play. :goodvibes

Is there a Chicken Soup for the Disney Soul???? Cause if there is you should publish this. :thumbsup2

pixiedust:pixiedust::thumbsup2Hi Pamela! Its Sheena! I replied to this beautiful moment via Facebook; but still wanted to say that was so amazing to read! Thanks for sharing it with me!!!!

Disney Queenie

That is one of the best stories I have ever read in my life. Period. thank you for sharing!

Thanks for all of you being so kind, this is a special memory for our family :grouphug:
Sheena inspired me to share it again. I have been reading her posts on facebook, wanting to understand EVERYTHING, working hard to plan her family's trip as perfect as she can. Her excitement and enthusiasm makes me nostalgic about our first trip.

For us planners in the family, our first trip is special in a different way...it is a labor of love and no other trip is like it.

I like sitting near the flag pole, because sometimes you get to see a family see the castle for the very first time...magic pixiedust:

We do not love Disney not because of the rides, but because how we feel when we are there and the memories we make with our family.

A Disney Chicken Soup for the Soul could happen, I have read so many beautiful stories over the years. I just read the sweetest story on the Facebook "Disney Addict" page, sooo sweet, it made me misty, if I knew how to copy and paste a picture story I would. :goodvibes

We are in the 20's today :dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer:

Love your story disneyqueenie. Nothing like a good cry first thing in the morning. Can't wait to see my dd face when she first sees the castle!!!

Disney queenside your story had me in tears! I loved reading it! Thanks for sharing. I remember our first trip planning and am enjoying Athena's excitement over it all too so reading yours is amazing too!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

LOVE your trip story! That is why we all do this. For the smiles on our kids faces, memories they will have forever and the absolute and undeniable magic that happens when you least expect it!!

As if I wasn't ready enough to go before. Thanks for sharing! (Love the idea of chicken soup...)

Disney Queenie....it stories like yours that are the reason I keep going back... For those little memories that will last a lifetime. Some of my friends and family don't get why we love Disney so much, but this is why. I wish they could all feel that type of magic for a little while. Thanks for sharing.

This is for Sheena I copied it from an ooooooooooooooold post, this was my first trip. When you read it, you may see why you make me think of me planning my first trip to Disney. I did not want to post on facebook, because I have co-workers who know me and I really do not want to share this in that type of forum, it is too personal for me and too special in my heart.
So here it is:

What an amazing story! I want to show people this story when I get the "OMG you are going to DISNEY AGAIN" eyerolls. What an incredible story!

Wanted to give an update on my ss broken arm. He got put under this morning and everything went great. He got a sweet blue water proof cast! DR said he can go in the pool tomorrow! So relieved! Thank you all for all your positive thoughts and vibes! :grouphug:

ON a side note! I had to go to the immediate care sunday when I grabbed the wrong end of my curling wand and scorched the palm of my left hand! Severe 1st dregree burns. lol if only this family can stay in 1 piece before this trip! :joker:

Thanks for all of you being so kind, this is a special memory for our family :grouphug:
Sheena inspired me to share it again. I have been reading her posts on facebook, wanting to understand EVERYTHING, working hard to plan her family's trip as perfect as she can. Her excitement and enthusiasm makes me nostalgic about our first trip.

For us planners in the family, our first trip is special in a different way...it is a labor of love and no other trip is like it.

I like sitting near the flag pole, because sometimes you get to see a family see the castle for the very first time...magic pixiedust:

We do not love Disney not because of the rides, but because how we feel when we are there and the memories we make with our family.

A Disney Chicken Soup for the Soul could happen, I have read so many beautiful stories over the years. I just read the sweetest story on the Facebook "Disney Addict" page, sooo sweet, it made me misty, if I knew how to copy and paste a picture story I would. :goodvibes

We are in the 20's today :dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer:

i just full on bawled my eyes out reading that. :crazy2:

Side note - what part of MA are you, I'm also in MA (north of Boston).

Looking forward to our upcoming WDW trip. August 24 to 29, staying at the Beach Club. This will be our first trip to Disney that also includes a couple days at Universal (Aug 30 to 31).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter