****Official August 2014 Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to some Disney good vibes today. My Ss5 went to the ortho dr today. No cast yet he has to go Tuesday to be put under to get realigned then casted. Apparently this should have been done when he went to the ER on Wednesday and since then his arm is worse. No idea how long he will need his cast on he will need to go every Monday for X-rays. We can't reschedule our trip because their mom won't let us take them out of school and our military salute tickets expire at the end of September. I think I'm over thinking this. I think he should be ok to go.

Try not to worry. Kids are pretty resilient. I broke my arm when I was a kid two summers in a row and there were no lightweight fiberglass casts back in my day. I went swimming everyday with a big ole garbage bag (double bagged) around my arm. As long as he's not in pain, he will hopefully be fine. :goodvibes

Thanks for the reassurance. It's hard we've all been looking so forward to this trip. Been working hard and saving saving like crazy. When something like this happens it stinks. But his mom just told us she was gonna make sure they put a waterproof cast on him. So we are pretty happy!

Thanks for the reassurance. It's hard we've all been looking so forward to this trip. Been working hard and saving saving like crazy. When something like this happens it stinks. But his mom just told us she was gonna make sure they put a waterproof cast on him. So we are pretty happy!

Excellent news. I didn't even realize they made waterproof casts. As I said, it's been a looooong time since I broke something. Dang....I hope I haven't jinxed myself. :hyper:

So sorry about your sons broken arm!!! Just a word of warning, even though a cast may be "waterproof" the padding under isn't . It should still be covered to go swimming. It would take days for the padding to dry out and you risk skin infections due to being in a warm wet environment . Sorry to sound like a Debbie downer. Just don't want any unnecessary problems. Talk to the ortho about covering it when swimming. She should be able to give ideas.

I need to some Disney good vibes today. My Ss5 went to the ortho dr today. No cast yet he has to go Tuesday to be put under to get realigned then casted. Apparently this should have been done when he went to the ER on Wednesday and since then his arm is worse. No idea how long he will need his cast on he will need to go every Monday for X-rays. We can't reschedule our trip because their mom won't let us take them out of school and our military salute tickets expire at the end of September. I think I'm over thinking this. I think he should be ok to go.

Oh Tink sorry to hear your SS troubles! They should've casted him Wednesday :-( hopefully the orthodox does a good job realigning him and he heals quickly. Try not to fret, worst case scenario he has a neat item for the characters to sign :-/

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Was just in playing around with FP times---AGAIN! Noticed that there's a 7 Dwarfs opening on 8/20 from 10:05-11:05. Too early for us on arrival day, but thought maybe someone else could use it. I know those are hard to come by right now!

I really need to stop obsessing about FPs and ADRs. Why can't I just leave it alone??? :rotfl:

Edit: I was searching for 4 people and it came up.

I added you to it - for everyone looking for it here's the link to the list (I have no idea why it's not showing up in searches!)

https://twitter.com/wildvictorian/lists/dis-team-august

Hope that helps :)

It shows up if I click the link for my computer but not my phone. Is there a difference? When I am on my phone I can't find the button to search for a list.. When I do try to search I get tweets only no lists. do I have to add something in front of the list name to do a

I can't get it to show the list from my tab either.

I can't get lists to show up on my phone either at the moment; it's not in any drop-downs I try so I'm trying to troubleshoot but it may have been a glitch in a newer update for mobile.

Sending lots of good vibes! Kids are really like rubber; they come back from everything fairly quickly.

I found it on my phone, you have to click on your profile and it shows a tab titled lists....I found it there along with 3 other lists I didn't know I belonged to lol.

Excellent news. I didn't even realize they made waterproof casts. As I said, it's been a looooong time since I broke something. Dang....I hope I haven't jinxed myself. :hyper:

I keep knocking on wood. I have never broke anything! I'd still go to Disney in a full body cast nothing is gonna keep me away! Lol

I keep knocking on wood. I have never broke anything! I'd still go to Disney in a full body cast nothing is gonna keep me away! Lol

Sending you happy thoughts.. I've found every trip has something. This must be your something. So.. you get to get it figured out before you even go! This means that the rest of your trip will be perfect! :goodvibes

Hi everyone :D

I'm at London Film and Comic Con today with my husband and we are dressed as Ellie and Carl. If you keep an eye on my Twitter and Instagram today I will be updating with photos :D

Ugh.. what is going on with MDE?!?! Last couple of days when I log in there is always some sort of problem. Either my FP were not available, couldn't book ADR's. Now I can't even login in to the site...So annoying!! I guess it wouldn't be so much of a problem if I wasn't addicted to rearranging my FP etc..:rotfl2:

I don't know what I'm doing yet :rotfl: but I set up twitter and instagram accounts and subscribed to #DISTeamAug.

@tenstars92
tenstars92

I haven't really gone into these before because I need to figure out the whole private vs public thing for each before I feel comfortable using them. If anyone has any quick pointers or a good link for this information, I'd appreciate it.. :thumbsup2

We decorated our first set by putting clear top coat nail polish as the bottom layer. Then I used purple nail polish to create Mickey heads around the band. I then put glitter nail polish over the whole band and then finally put another layer of top coat over everything. I did something similar for mine but used different colors. My DH only wanted his center Mickey Head black so I used black nail polish for that one.

Love this idea! I might try something like this! I don't know if I'm crafty enough though!

I think there will be higher then normal crowds at HS all through the summer because of the Frozen events, but I don't think it will severely affect HS and I sort of feel that there will be little to no effect on the other parks or at the resorts. I guess we'll see.

Yeah that's what I was thinking! I was just worried that it would make the last week of August (with it's low crowds) a zoo!

If you are on the Aug. FB page then I you saw that I posted these yesterday, but here are two of our decorated Magic Bands. Mine is the purple glitter and dd's is the pink with the bling. I used nail polish, rhinestones, and Krazy glue.

I peeled the grey portion off both dd's and mine as well. (I intended to take it off dd's first to make sure it would fit around my wrist without the grey, but accidentally did mine first! Luckily it fits! :rolleyes1)

I used a base coat as my "top" seal and have not had any cracking or peeling. I am not 100% sure if the jewels will hold up, they had a sticky adhesive on the back and I supplemented that with Krazy Glue. :confused3

And I realized I had submitted my ADR's, so now I am on the list twice sorry Anjalee6!! :hug: I haven't been as active here as I would like to be, it has just been one of those summers!

QOTD's--I will start making a list next week, then the week after I will start packing. We leave in 23 days.

We will use ME the whole time. Maybe when dd is bigger, we might look at renting a car, but for now we too are staying in the Disney bubble!

LOVE your MagicBands!!! Amazing!

I don't know what I'm doing yet :rotfl: but I set up twitter and instagram accounts and subscribed to #DISTeamAug.

@tenstars92
tenstars92

I haven't really gone into these before because I need to figure out the whole private vs public thing for each before I feel comfortable using them. If anyone has any quick pointers or a good link for this information, I'd appreciate it.. :thumbsup2

I love everyone using the hashtag! I just tweeted using it! So awesome! Make sure to tag your posts using the hashtag when you're at WDW! :wave2:

Oh my goodness I feel so far behind! I've missed so much great info on this group!

I guess, if it's okay, I'll try and do my updates all in this post!

Here are our park dates for our upcoming trip:

Aug 21/14 - Magic Kingdom
Aug 22/14 - EPCOT
Aug 24/14 - Magic Kingdom
Aug 25/14 - Hollywood Studios
Aug 27/14 - EPCOT
Aug 28/14 - Hollywood Studios

And our ADR's

Aug 20/14 - Maya Grill 7:15pm
Aug 21/14 - Be Our Guest 8:35pm
Aug 22/14 - Biergarten 7:40pm
Aug 23/14 - Raglan Road 8:00pm
Aug 24/14 - Liberty Tree Tavern 2:00pm
Aug 25/14 - 50's Prime Time 6:20pm
Aug 26/14 - Whispering Canyon Cafe 7:55pm
Aug 27/14 - La Hacienda 8:15
Aug 28/14 - Mama Melrose 7:10

I's love to get the August Facebook group info too if anyone doesn't mind sharing :) I'm so excited that we're only 39 days away!!!pixiedust:

Sending you happy thoughts.. I've found every trip has something. This must be your something. So.. you get to get it figured out before you even go! This means that the rest of your trip will be perfect! :goodvibes

Thank you! Spending the weekend with him is making me realize it's all gonna be ok! He's in great spirits! Being his same crazy self. This will pass and we are going to have an amazing trip!

Side note. I started packing today. Getting soooo close!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter