****Official August 2014 Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't gotten an email yet (we leave in 25 days, woo hoo) but I was able to book our FP+ for the 5th :)

We were at 19 days yesterday when I got the email so you should be getting one soon even though like you said you have already booked FP + anyway. I wasn't sure if we wanted to do lunch at first which is why we waited.

A little self-absorbed (sorry ;)), but I just purchased this purse to use in the parks. I think it's a good size and won't hold me up too much in line. Would be interested to hear anyone's feedback..

I think its adorable :thumbsup2 . Very cute!

The worst thing happened today. My step son broke his arm at his grandma's house. He fell off the pool ladder. We won't know the severity of it until tomorrow. He broke it in two places in the middle of his wrist and elbow. This couldn't have happened at a worse time. 28 days to go. :(

Aw, poor little mite. Sending him healing thoughts! :hug:

If you are on the Aug. FB page then I you saw that I posted these yesterday, but here are two of our decorated Magic Bands. Mine is the purple glitter and dd's is the pink with the bling. I used nail polish, rhinestones, and Krazy glue.

I peeled the grey portion off both dd's and mine as well. (I intended to take it off dd's first to make sure it would fit around my wrist without the grey, but accidentally did mine first! Luckily it fits! :rolleyes1)

I used a base coat as my "top" seal and have not had any cracking or peeling. I am not 100% sure if the jewels will hold up, they had a sticky adhesive on the back and I supplemented that with Krazy Glue. :confused3

And I realized I had submitted my ADR's, so now I am on the list twice sorry Anjalee6!! :hug: I haven't been as active here as I would like to be, it has just been one of those summers!

QOTD's--I will start making a list next week, then the week after I will start packing. We leave in 23 days.

We will use ME the whole time. Maybe when dd is bigger, we might look at renting a car, but for now we too are staying in the Disney bubble!

Thanks! We talked to him tonight and he seems in good spirits. He's 5 and a trooper. I think he will be ok to get on the rides he's 42" inches with a cast. He will be bummed if he can't swim at Aoa. I think his mom is going to try to get him a waterproof cast!

So sorry to hear this! Hopefully a waterproof cast, or cast cover? will help with this!

Okay I am joining the tweet and instragam group. my twitter act is BarbBarrie and my instrgram acct is BarbBarrie5.. I need practise on how to tweet so this should prove interesting but I really like th idea of trying this for the trip.

Joining the club!
Instagram and Twitter: Disneyqueen83

Should we create a special #Hashtag# for our group? Perhaps #DISTeamAug?
I'm not creative at the hashtags, if anyone has a better idea...go for it! :)

I so wish I didn't have to wait til I arrive..I would wear it to work..:cool1:

HA I wanted to to rub it in to my coworker/friend. :rotfl2: She's been on two disneyland weekend getaways since my last trip two years ago! :wizard: Now its my turn lol

They weren't as uncomfortable as I thought they would be!

Joining the club!
Instagram and Twitter: Disneyqueen83

I just did a tweet at that hashtag:thumbsup2

All my social media accounts (Instagram, Vine, Foursquare, etc) crosspost to my Twitter @dawnatdisworld - I used them to liveblog my trip last October and had a great time, so I'll be doing it again.

I like it!

Someone well-versed in Twitter should create a list of us all too. :)

I made us a list on Twitter! - DIS Team August!! - it should be public so anyone can find it.

I added those people whose put up their handles here already and I can easily add more if people want to be added.

I also made a quick list for us:

#DISTeamAug Official Role-Call!

Coloredimage: (T) wildvictorian, (I) coloredimage
TinkerTracy: (T, I) TracyAnne90
DISNEY180: (T) BarbBarrie, (I) BarbBarrie5
Tink0513: (T, I) Disneyqueen83
Dawnhaze: (T) dawnatdisworld
hsmamainva: (I) hsmamainva
heathsf: (T, I) heathsf
xlsm: (I) samanthars
msyjoa: (T) weallgrowup1day, (I) mj_83
Scrap_VAMP: (T) jenibrownsill, (I) JEN_VAMP
Mrs. M. Mouse: (T) IzzyBeccasMom, (I) CanadianDisneyMama
isabellea: (I) iangers
BudgieMama: (T) clareylouise (I) mrsmomiji
digiMOM: (T,I) tenstars92
njlaura: (T) lauramclou

I made us a list on Twitter! - DIS Team August!! - it should be public so anyone can find it.

I added those people whose put up their handles here already and I can easily add more if people want to be added.

I also made a quick list for us:

#DISTeamAug Official Role-Call!

Coloredimage: (T) wildvictorian, (I) coloredimage
TinkerTracy: (T, I) TracyAnne90
DISNEY180: (T) BarbBarrie, (I) BarbBarrie5
Tink0513: (T, I) Disneyqueen83
Dawnhaze: (T) dawnatdisworld

Awesome! I started the hashtag on Instagram!

I just tried to get BOG FP for Aug 9 and couldn't :( I'm also still waiting waiting for an email about Magic Bands shipping. I'm so jealous of you guys who got them already! I haven't been to Disney in 3 years... you'd think I would have learned some patience by now! :rotfl:

Please add me to #DISTeamAug!

I'm @heathsf for both Twitter and Instagram :thumbsup2

If you are on the Aug. FB page then I you saw that I posted these yesterday, but here are two of our decorated Magic Bands. Mine is the purple glitter and dd's is the pink with the bling. I used nail polish, rhinestones, and Krazy glue.

I peeled the grey portion off both dd's and mine as well. (I intended to take it off dd's first to make sure it would fit around my wrist without the grey, but accidentally did mine first! Luckily it fits! :rolleyes1)

I used a base coat as my "top" seal and have not had any cracking or peeling. I am not 100% sure if the jewels will hold up, they had a sticky adhesive on the back and I supplemented that with Krazy Glue. :confused3

And I realized I had submitted my ADR's, so now I am on the list twice sorry Anjalee6!! :hug: I haven't been as active here as I would like to be, it has just been one of those summers!

QOTD's--I will start making a list next week, then the week after I will start packing. We leave in 23 days.

We will use ME the whole time. Maybe when dd is bigger, we might look at renting a car, but for now we too are staying in the Disney bubble!

They look awesome! I absolutely cannot wait to get mine! I love how you made the Mickey glow in the dark.

He won't be able to get into the ORTHO until Tomorrow :( They are going to see if they can do a waterproof cast!

I hope the ortho visit goes well and that he can get that waterproof cast. If he has to wear a cast at WDW, the silver lining will be all the attention I'm sure he will get from CMs! :flower3:

I just tried to get BOG FP for Aug 9 and couldn't :( I'm also still waiting waiting for an email about Magic Bands shipping. I'm so jealous of you guys who got them already! I haven't been to Disney in 3 years... you'd think I would have learned some patience by now! :rotfl:

Please add me to #DISTeamAug!

I'm @heathsf for both Twitter and Instagram :thumbsup2

I was trying for BOG Aug 8 and nothing. Then the whole system seemed to go down!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter