*****Official August 2014 Thread - PART DEUX****

Finally we are less than 24 hours from departure! Being soooo excited you can't sleep in suck though especially after the busy work week lol! Ahh well we'll survive :-)

Got the packing mostly done last night then a wicked thunderstorm passed on through knocking out our power for a couple hours.

Today will be filled with last minute laundry, a trip to the hobby store and dinner watching the planes come in and leave before we head to bed early for our 4 am wake up to the airport!

Safe travels everyone!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

12 more days. It is so cold in Buffalo right now. I have a sweater on and jeans!! I CANNOT WAIT for the Florida sunshine

Just returned late last night!

Had a FANTASTIC time -- up until my son turned up sick as a dog yesterday morning so we ended up checking out 2 days early and driving home -- but Disney gave us a credit for the unused rooms and we made it home safe and sound.

The trip was fantastic. We paid for the Frozen package and it was the highlight of my youngest daughter's visit. She wore her Anna dress and was chosen for the royal processional. She practically floated down the street!

No issues at all with the heat --- but rain was an issue for all but 2 days of our visit. I don't mind being wet myself, but really need to invest in a waterproof backpack for all of our cellphones!

Crowds were good -- honestly, I've experienced larger crowds in May.

Overall, it was a great trip!! 9 more months until our next one!

Hope your son feels better soon. We are here now and my DD5 ended up getting sick too :sad:.

She had a really high fever last night it turns out she has an ear infection.. no fun :sad1:
So she and I are spending time in the room while the rest of our family is at Epcot. I really hoping she'll feel better tomorrow.

BTW, we were at MK on Tues at RD and were able to get a lots done. I thought the mine train was fun and would love to ride it again but won't wait 2hrs to do so. So glad we had a FP for that ride.

12 more days. It is so cold in Buffalo right now. I have a sweater on and jeans!! I CANNOT WAIT for the Florida sunshine

OMG... I'm bundled up today! I guess I don't have issue packing my shorts now!

OMG... I'm bundled up today! I guess I don't have issue packing my shorts now!

OK I asked a couple days ago if it was *really* that chilly up (out,over lol) there near Buffalo, and today it didn't get over 67 and there was no sun! SO not typical August weather for the Hudson Valley! DS12 went to the local water park and froze his you know what off!

I feel like we're getting a little short-changed in the summer dept. this year:sad1: But I'm sure when we hit that Fla. August weather in 11 DAYS :woohoo: I won't feel short-changed anymore lol!!!

I feel like we're getting a little short-changed in the summer dept. this year:sad1: But I'm sure when we hit that Fla. August weather in 11 DAYS :woohoo: I won't feel short-changed anymore lol!!!

Yep, the heat feels sooooooo good. :thumbsup2 I'm sitting by the Hippy Dippy pool while my kids swim.

Safe travels everyone! :)

We fly out in the AM for 8 days at CBR! Parts of the state woke up to 36 degrees, so some summer heat is sounding good about now...

i think this is ok.

my DD's brother is 13 but never been on a plane. DD is 9

even if we can't get 4 seats together, we should be able to get 2 pairs of seats

time to clean out the fridge!

For all of you there next week - the weather outlook is awesome! Enjoy and I hope it holds for the following week!

Been planning since January, Arriving this Thursday... 13 Y&R old GS broke his big toe yesterday :(
Dr in emerg said he should be fine to travel. I hope he is right.

He's buddy splinted, swollen, bruised & in a ton of pain right now.
Fracture clinic on Wednesday... I'm looking up wheelchair/EVC rentals at this point.

Going with the flow & making adjustments, what else can you do...

Are we having fun yet??! smh/lol.

Next week this time we will be boarding the plane to MCO! 1 more week can't can't wait!

The day has arrived! My DS3 (close to 4) will be in WDW this afternoon...his first trip there! Headed to the airport on 1 hour!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter