*****Official August 2014 Thread - PART DEUX****

It was! I felt bad for the kids. :(
We didn't do EMH at HS just at Epcot and MK, they were very worth it. We did go several times and it was packed, 10 minutes after park opening TSMM was already at 65 minutes. We found that during EMH the parks cleared out, so I would say try it. It can't hurt, you might get a lot done. :)

We will definitely do evening EMH. I have read that evening EMH at HS is really not a good idea because there are less attractions than the other parks. Also with the Frozen activities going on I would say it will be even more crowded.

Seriously was it chilly in Buffalo? I realize I'm quite a ways from there, but today was muggy as anything by us and mid 80's. Didn't think August would by chilly yet anywhere in NY during the day!

It was cloudy and just so windy. It felt like autumn last night. Maybe that's why I was inspired to buy Halloween decorations for my house yesterday. :hyper:

Lol glad he realized that before you got on the plane! Otherwise it'd be Mickey briefs for him :earboy2:

Seriously was it chilly in Buffalo? I realize I'm quite a ways from there, but today was muggy as anything by us and mid 80's. Didn't think August would by chilly yet anywhere in NY during the day!

Yes! It was that chilly..... In the 60s!!!:scared1::scared1::scared1:
The leaves are already changing color:(:eek:

I.m late finding part 2, I thought everyone had left lol! Single digits for me today. Cold in a toronto yesterday and this morning too - bring on the Florida heat for me!

It was cloudy and just so windy. It felt like autumn last night. Maybe that's why I was inspired to buy Halloween decorations for my house yesterday. :hyper:

Yes! It was that chilly..... In the 60s!!!:scared1::scared1::scared1:
The leaves are already changing color:(:eek:

I.m late finding part 2, I thought everyone had left lol! Single digits for me today. Cold in a toronto yesterday and this morning too - bring on the Florida heat for me!

Just woke up shivering myself!!! It's likely in the high 50's right now....I'm sure it will warm up to about 80 today...but the mornings...brrrr!!!

Well, won't have that issue in 2 days!!! :cool1:

I ONLY JUST REALISED WE MOVED!

I was only thinking yesterday that the August thread had gone very VERY quiet... because it was a new thread! Whooops!

Hello new thread! Hello Team August! 4 days to go here!! EEEK!

3 days away! I still don't know if I should add memory maker! Just us two adults and today is my last day to add it and be able to get all of our photos! Anyone have any input? Should I do it?!

3 days away! I still don't know if I should add memory maker! Just us two adults and today is my last day to add it and be able to get all of our photos! Anyone have any input? Should I do it?!

I don't know if you should add it or not, but we broke down and added it 3 days from our vacation. We thought it was neat that they added a video option to The Tower of Terror.

I'm wondering how many of you bring your own toiletries and how many just use the soap/shampoo/conditioner Disney provides? I'd love to pack less liquids but can be kinda picky about that stuff!

I come back from Disney and you've moved on me!! LOL!!

We had an AWESOME trip from 8/5-8/12 and I've started my trip report:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3317206

Stop by and say hi!!

We're already starting to plan our return trip, looking at maybe the same week next year. My kids start sentences with, "Next year I want to ..."

Love it!!

Safe travels to all who are about to embark on your journey!!

I'm wondering how many of you bring your own toiletries and how many just use the soap/shampoo/conditioner Disney provides? I'd love to pack less liquids but can be kinda picky about that stuff!

With very specific hair needs we bring our own, I always bring home one set they leave though for my bathroom :-) I love making it feel like a resort in there ha ha ha

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I always bring my own. I'm picky and that way I know how my hair will turn out after. Plus, I have super long, thick hair, and have been told I am a shampoo and conditioner hog, so better to have a lot!

Just returned late last night!

Had a FANTASTIC time -- up until my son turned up sick as a dog yesterday morning so we ended up checking out 2 days early and driving home -- but Disney gave us a credit for the unused rooms and we made it home safe and sound.

The trip was fantastic. We paid for the Frozen package and it was the highlight of my youngest daughter's visit. She wore her Anna dress and was chosen for the royal processional. She practically floated down the street!

No issues at all with the heat --- but rain was an issue for all but 2 days of our visit. I don't mind being wet myself, but really need to invest in a waterproof backpack for all of our cellphones!

Crowds were good -- honestly, I've experienced larger crowds in May.

Overall, it was a great trip!! 9 more months until our next one!

3 days! Today is hubby's last work day, tomorrow we go to the wedding that pushed back our departure day (we'd have gone yesterday if they hadn't picked the 16th) and Sunday is cleaning/spending as much time with our fids (feathered kids) as possible before we leave on Monday! EEEK! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter