• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*****Official August 2014 Thread - PART DEUX****

Glad I found part 2. We leave in 8 days, and I'm such a nut I've already started planning next August too. DD and DS are laughing at me. However, they are quite happy to put their opinions in about hotels. :goodvibes I hope everyone who is currently there is having a wonderful time!

3 days and counting... Even managed to snag a FP+ for Anna/Elsa next Fri, though I have no idea how that happened... Can't wait!

Just cancelled a FP+ for Anna & Elsa on the 25th for 4 people between 410-510, hope this helps one of my DISers!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I have 2 work days left this week, in 3 days we'll be on a plane!!! Ugh...this week is going by the slowest of all the weeks lol!!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

13 days!!:woohoo: Caught DH watching YouTube videos of CSR the other day (this will be our first time there) which is a sign he's getting excited lol. And since it's absolutely pouring today, I think I might do some packing:)

Our MNSSHP shirts came from Zazzle a couple days ago and unfortunately nobody likes theirs except for me. We're going to the 1st party on 9/1, so hoping they have some Halloween merchandise out in the stores prior to that so I can get themed shirts for everyone else! Mine is HM themed :hmghost:

Hope everyone has wonderful trips! Just a few things from our trip:

*Magic bands worked wonderfully, no issues with FP+ or entry
*With MM our pictures were there, a few were missing but I called and because I knew where they were taken and what time they were able to find them and add them to our account. *Edited to add check daily if you can so you can call right away for the missing pictures.
*When watching the Frozen Fireworks (they are beautiful) be careful! There is so much ash coming down and huge pieces of mortar because they shoot them off so close.
*Use RD and EMH to get the most out of your day, the crowds are still really high. This was the most crowded we've ever seen it this week of August!
*Use the bus for DTD, there is so much construction that driving isn't worth the hassle and the bus doesn't take that long.

Most of all just have fun. I saw so many people yelling at each other and even a few cursing at children! :confused3

Sounds like the heat was getting to the people and children :sad2:. Do you recommend going to HS evening EMH ? Did you go to it and if so how did that work out ?

We were in the front of Echo Lake by AI but moved back to the side of the lake and it was still falling there as well. We were told that the best viewing for the FF was to the left of the hat so you can still see the screens. I would say go back behind the lake, you will still get ash but maybe not the huge chunks of mortar. The show itself is the best I've ever seen! I would do it again just in a different location! :rotfl: Have fun!

Edited to add it might also depend on the way the wind is blowing as to where it all ends up!

Thanks! That was my plan, to stand by AI as I heard you get a really good view of the fireworks and can see what's going on on the stage by watching the AI screen. Guess I'll move behind the lake!

Just realized you're leaving/left today! Have a wonderful trip!!!pixiedust:

Thanks! We're at a hotel in Buffalo tonight and we actually fly out tomorrow afternoon. Heading to Walden Galleria now for a bit of last minute shopping......and honestly, I have been doing last minute shopping for the past two weeks....this last minute shopping I've continually done is going to end up costing more then the flight, hotel and tickets at this rate.....:rotfl2: :crazy2:

Thanks! We're at a hotel in Buffalo tonight and we actually fly out tomorrow afternoon. Heading to Walden Galleria now for a bit of last minute shopping......and honestly, I have been doing last minute shopping for the past two weeks....this last minute shopping I've continually done is going to end up costing more then the flight, hotel and tickets at this rate.....:rotfl2: :crazy2:

Isn't Buffalo beautiful today??? Makes you wish you were in FL now!!

It's been a mad house over that way since Cabelas opened! Enjoy your time in Cheektavegas!

Sounds like the heat was getting to the people and children :sad2:. Do you recommend going to HS evening EMH ? Did you go to it and if so how did that work out ?

It was! I felt bad for the kids. :(
We didn't do EMH at HS just at Epcot and MK, they were very worth it. We did go several times and it was packed, 10 minutes after park opening TSMM was already at 65 minutes. We found that during EMH the parks cleared out, so I would say try it. It can't hurt, you might get a lot done. :)

Long day today! Another day closer to the 23rd though!

I had a major score at Target, found the toddler Elsa doll! I've been looking everywhere for it for weeks. My niece will be so happy on her birthday. Anna is available everywhere. I feel like Anna needs more love haha.

Isn't Buffalo beautiful today??? Makes you wish you were in FL now!!

It's been a mad house over that way since Cabelas opened! Enjoy your time in Cheektavegas!

I'm sitting in the parking lot at K Mart right beside Cabela's. My husband forgot to pack underwear so he has run into KMart to buy some! :lmao:

And yes, it's freezing here right now! :crazy2: I can't wait for the heat tomorrow! :beach:

I have 12 stickers that I forgot to use earlier this month! They are 3-in diameter circles with a yellow background and blue text saying "Taking on Disney August 2014". "Disney" is done in a cute design.

If interested, PM me. I would be happy to send them by snail mail to you or c/o your resort. I just hate to see them go to waste!

Caroline

I'm sitting in the parking lot at K Mart right beside Cabela's. My husband forgot to pack underwear so he has run into KMart to buy some! :lmao:

And yes, it's freezing here right now! :crazy2: I can't wait for the heat tomorrow! :beach:

Lol glad he realized that before you got on the plane! Otherwise it'd be Mickey briefs for him :earboy2:

Seriously was it chilly in Buffalo? I realize I'm quite a ways from there, but today was muggy as anything by us and mid 80's. Didn't think August would by chilly yet anywhere in NY during the day!

Disneylover99 said:

We'll be getting there about the same time. Tomorrow afternoon then straight to mk! It's finally heeeeeeerrrrre!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter