*****Official August 2014 Thread - PART DEUX****

Ugh...I had a huge paragraph typed and I hit something on my new computer and lost it all! So here is a shorter reply to our trip since Saturday:
  • The humidity is not as bad as expected. Last night was so comfortable!
  • BOG lunch fastpass worked fine yesterday. I used link (never got email)
  • Rope drop is still a great way to avoid lines!
  • The 2nd viewing of Celebrate the Magic provides much lower crowds. You can sit up front by the castle. We sat in front of the partners statue right behind the reserved spot last night. Perfect!
  • First care centers are so helpful! DS 10 has a sore throat and they gave him motrin and a power ade to soothe it...alsotook his temp.
  • Dole whip floats are still my favorite snack:)

Today is our DHS day and we plan another swim day mid day.

Sounds like you're having a great time so far! :thumbsup2

My luggage is packed.. everyone else is on their own :lmao:

6 days frin now' I'll be half way to MCO :cheer2:

To sea world or not to sea world??

We have 1 non disney park day (this coming monday). Do we add sea world or do a condo day?
Anyone know how crowds are at sea world?

14 Days to go. This time in 2 weeks we will be either swimming at Wilderness Lodge or going on rides at HollyWood Studios :cheer2:

We r too! Seen them a bunch I times this is my first time to see Cooper! Where are you seeing them in October?

We're seeing them at Mohegan Sun in Ct.:thumbsup2 Camden on the 23rd was our 1st choice but no sitter; then we would have gone to SPAC on the 26th of Aug. except we'll be in Disney :goodvibes So Oct. 26th it is!!

I saw Alice Cooper when I was 16 & it was such an experience! That was......a few years ago lol, but I'm sure he still puts on a great show!

Ariane, who is replacing Alice when you go see the Crüe?

Lucky for me, I just found out Alice WILL be opening for Crue when we see them!!:banana::banana: We got our tix the day they went on sale and at that time, online it said "opening act TBA" so figured he wouldn't be at that performance. Between all the end of school stuff and then summer camps & getting ready for Disney of course :), I never checked again but BIL had said Alice wasn't doing the East Coast this summer. So glad BIL was wrong!!!

Did my laundry last night and today I'm shipping off our snack package! It's kind of fun to send yourself things. It's like sending yourself a package to the future! Is it Sunday yet? I'm getting antsy! 4 days and 20 hours....

To sea world or not to sea world?? We have 1 non disney park day (this coming monday). Do we add sea world or do a condo day? Anyone know how crowds are at sea world?

We loved it 2 years ago but it's pricey. Look fir coupon deals online. Mine were too short for rides but we liked the dolphin and shamu shows.

Hope everyone has wonderful trips! Just a few things from our trip:

*Magic bands worked wonderfully, no issues with FP+ or entry
*With MM our pictures were there, a few were missing but I called and because I knew where they were taken and what time they were able to find them and add them to our account. *Edited to add check daily if you can so you can call right away for the missing pictures.
*When watching the Frozen Fireworks (they are beautiful) be careful! There is so much ash coming down and huge pieces of mortar because they shoot them off so close.
*Use RD and EMH to get the most out of your day, the crowds are still really high. This was the most crowded we've ever seen it this week of August!
*Use the bus for DTD, there is so much construction that driving isn't worth the hassle and the bus doesn't take that long.

Most of all just have fun. I saw so many people yelling at each other and even a few cursing at children! :confused3

Hope everyone has wonderful trips! Just a few things from our trip:

*Magic bands worked wonderfully, no issues with FP+ or entry
*With MM our pictures were there, a few were missing but I called and because I knew where they were taken and what time they were able to find them and add them to our account. *Edited to add check daily if you can so you can call right away for the missing pictures.
*When watching the Frozen Fireworks (they are beautiful) be careful! There is so much ash coming down and huge pieces of mortar because they shoot them off so close.
*Use RD and EMH to get the most out of your day, the crowds are still really high. This was the most crowded we've ever seen it this week of August!
*Use the bus for DTD, there is so much construction that driving isn't worth the hassle and the bus doesn't take that long.

Most of all just have fun. I saw so many people yelling at each other and even a few cursing at children! :confused3

Welcome back :wave2: Just curious, where did you stand to watch the Frozen fireworks? I think I know where I want to go, but don't feel like having to watch for falling mortar lol.

Welcome back :wave2: Just curious, where did you stand to watch the Frozen fireworks? I think I know where I want to go, but don't feel like having to watch for falling mortar lol.

We were in the front of Echo Lake by AI but moved back to the side of the lake and it was still falling there as well. We were told that the best viewing for the FF was to the left of the hat so you can still see the screens. I would say go back behind the lake, you will still get ash but maybe not the huge chunks of mortar. The show itself is the best I've ever seen! I would do it again just in a different location! :rotfl: Have fun!

Edited to add it might also depend on the way the wind is blowing as to where it all ends up!

I have some major catch up to do!! I even went to the old thread and panicked when it was closed, but I found this pretty easily ;)

We went away last week and since we've been back it's been all trip prep. Also found out that our friend will be staying with us for a while once we get back, so I have MAJOR cleaning to do, all before we leave in 2 DAYS!!! I'll try to go back and read what I've missed later on today!

PS Love the PART DEUX-nice touch :)

We just got back last night (really, we weren't in our apartment until early this morning). I'm going to start going through my pictures and editing them this afternoon and typing up my trip report (I'm doing one that's all me on my own blog, but I'll do one on here with Jem). Here's just a couple of things I wanted to say:

- Even if you're not "in love" with Frozen, go to the sing-along. We did it just because it was there and it was something to do that we thought would be cute, but we had way more fun than we thought we would as two adults going without kids.

- Take breaks in August. I know people have been debating it (okay, not debating, but having a conversation about it) on here and on FB and I have to say that it was necessary. Even if it's not as hot as I expected it to be after years of going off season, it helps. We are not break people and we took one every day, at least for an hour to change into a new set of clothing for dinner so we weren't uncomfortable. The only day we really needed to "tap out" and not do anything for more than an hour in AC was Thursday when the Real Feel was 113F.

- Filtered water bottles are a godsend. My Camelback got more use than it ever does and it kept us from forgetting to drink water.

- If you have foot problems (like me): I have ridiculously flat feet that cause me problems when I walk over five miles and since you're walking about 10+ miles a day in Disney I'm usually hobbled by the end of the first full day. This time I took some tips from a bunch of threads on here and outside my normal daily shoe swap (I had 3 pairs of crocs with me - jelly flats, gladiators, and regular flip flops) I would soak in cool water and also used icy hot before bed on my feet and ankles. I did have some swelling the second to last day and I have a wicked knot in my sole this morning, but it's the best my feet have ever felt, and we normally go in March/April!

Hope everyone is having/will have a great time on their trip! I'm off to relive mine via editing!

I don't know who is more excited - me or my 8 and 11 year olds! First vacation alone since their mother and I divorced 6 years ago - looking forward to the memories...:)

We are bursting with excitement, it's just too much! We fly out in 9 days, next Thursday morning! Staying at Art of Animation (Lion King Suite) arrival night, then transferring to AKL for remainder of trip! :earsgirl::earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter