*****Official August 2014 Thread - PART DEUX****

8 days!! Still haven't even pulled out my suitcase. For someone who is so excited, you would think I wouldn't procrastinate on packing! Lol

ARGHHHH!!! Two more weeks!!!!!!

Already started packing!!!

8 days for us! I've finished most of my tasks, still waiting on a delivery and need to put the names on our FE pockets for the cruise. Haven't started packing yet but have piles everywhere. Dd13 has done her coordination with all her outfits and dd10 has a pile in her room too. I'll do laundry on Sunday and pack. I've already told the kids next week it's a PJs all day kinda week lmao!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

8 days!! Still haven't even pulled out my suitcase. For someone who is so excited, you would think I wouldn't procrastinate on packing! Lol

My wife likes to pack a week or two in advance. I've never done it more than the night before.

I'll do laundry on Sunday and pack. I've already told the kids next week it's a PJs all day kinda week lmao!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I'm actually glad we're having a cool summer, that way I can pack the shorts and nobody complains too much about wearing pants.

My wife likes to pack a week or two in advance. I've never done it more than the night before.

Haha that used to be me! But for whatever reason, I'm extremely lazy this trip. I just booked my flights on Monday and I was 12 days out at the time. And I still haven't called ME to let them know my flight times. Oops...!

7 days left here! Do I even need to pack a light swearshirt/pants? We live in Wisconsin and 70's at night is NOT cold for us. I am thinking maybe a light sweatshirt for air conditioned restaurants but maybe no need to pack pants?

7 days left here! Do I even need to pack a light swearshirt/pants? We live in Wisconsin and 70's at night is NOT cold for us. I am thinking maybe a light sweatshirt for air conditioned restaurants but maybe no need to pack pants?

I say definitely no to pants. I say no to long sleeve shirts too, but I know some people do get cold eating in air conditioning.

2 weeks and 6 days for us. Longest month of my life! I'm really trying to not wish summer away but I just want to go already!
Me too! I'm a teacher and don't want to go back to work by any means! But I just want to go to disney!!!

We are staying at Pop and renting a car. My DH has been reading some not so good things about DTD due to all the construction going on down there. The only day we have available for DTD was our arrival day so we wouldn't be able to go down there until the afternoon and it's a Saturday. We will either have to skip it or suck it up.

We're at Pop now and took the bus on Monday after we settled in and the kids had time to stretch and stuff(after being in the car so long). It was around 3:30-4 ish. We had no problems getting there or back on the bus. We are heading back today for our T-Rex reservation and are again taking the bus because of the parking situation.

By the way rope drop has been great, getting lots done. If you don't normally leave the parks for a break you should, it's been brutal! We leave and then come back around 5-6 ish and get a whole lot more accomplished when people have left for the evening.
Last night during EMH at Epcot we did Malestrom, Journey into imagination, Soarin, and Nemo and friends in about 1 hr and 15 minutes, Soarin took the longest with a 25 minute wait.

We're at Pop now and took the bus on Monday after we settled in and the kids had time to stretch and stuff(after being in the car so long). It was around 3:30-4 ish. We had no problems getting there or back on the bus. We are heading back today for our T-Rex reservation and are again taking the bus because of the parking situation. By the way rope drop has been great, getting lots done. If you don't normally leave the parks for a break you should, it's been brutal! We leave and then come back around 5-6 ish and get a whole lot more accomplished when people have left for the evening. Last night during EMH at Epcot we did Malestrom, Journey into imagination, Soarin, and Nemo and friends in about 1 hr and 15 minutes, Soarin took the longest with a 25 minute wait.

Thank you! Just the information I'm looking for. We are planning to do rope drop, take an afternoon break or a late lunch inside with AC and hit the parks most evenings. This is a whole new experience for us as we have gone to WDW in February, March, October (warmer then we had ever had), November and December.

This time next Saturday I'll be getting off the plane at MCO from New Hampshire!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter