• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*****Official August 2014 Thread - PART DEUX****

Mousemommy1

DIS Veteran
Hey all!!!

Since the 1st one went over 250 pages, it has been closed. We can certainly keep the discussion going over here though! :cool1:

Link to Part 1 here

Oh, that IS what happened. I was following and some recent posts had some great tips from recent trips. Thanks for REstarting :)

15 DAYS!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

But I'm starting to get very nervous about the HEAT!
We typically go in Sept and it's very, very hot.....but recent reports are that it's insanely hot right now!!! :scared::scared::scared:

I'm looking for DTD info. I really, really want to go shopping at DTD but my husband has been hearing horror stories about the drive to get there and to park. Same with the buses. We discussed going to a nearby resort to eat, leave our car there and then take the boat over but I've been hearing about 3hr parking passes and towed cars. Any tips on how to get there?

One week from tomorrow we will be there!!! I am so excited! Hoping for a healthy trip this time around for us. The last couple we had sick kids

Travel day for us!

We have made it to Georgia and have stopped for the night.

Heading to Disney first thing in the morning! 10 days at AOA! :hyper:

I'm looking for DTD info. I really, really want to go shopping at DTD but my husband has been hearing horror stories about the drive to get there and to park. Same with the buses. We discussed going to a nearby resort to eat, leave our car there and then take the boat over but I've been hearing about 3hr parking passes and towed cars. Any tips on how to get there?

I think if you're going to drive there just make sure you avoid the weekends and go early if possible.

15 DAYS!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

But I'm starting to get very nervous about the HEAT!
We typically go in Sept and it's very, very hot.....but recent reports are that it's insanely hot right now!!! :scared::scared::scared:

Don't worry. :goodvibes Just drink lots and lots and lots of water. And try to avoid standing in direct sunlight at all times.

We arrive on Aug 16....so excited we are just 8 days away! My daughters have been to Disney, but it has been 4 years and for my son (almost 4), this is his first time at WDW! I LOVE going with kids for their first time....the amazement on their faces is priceless!

I *think* we are prepared for the HEAT. We have our frog togs, our small mister fans, our cooler backpack to keep drinks cold, our gatorade packets so we can use those in our water bottles, and we plan on being at the parks for rope drop and leaving by 1pm....coming back later at each night.

This is the first time we are staying off site...a little nervous about not having disney transportation...but we thought we would try it (since we got our resort for FREE by using my MIL's time share points). Can't beat that price. We figure it will give us a chance to compare trips (using Disney buses vs. driving our own car)

So very excited!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter