• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

****OFFICIAL August, 2012 (PART 2)****

beachmama3 said:
I am seriously excited for you!!! Hope you have a wonderful time! And hope you get some sleep ;) I know I will be so excited about our drive the night before, I prob won't sleep!

For some reason, chargers are the hardest thing for me to remember to grab! I better make a note to pack them too....

The weather report looks good for FL next week....good as in, it will *only* be a high of 89-90, but that is a temp that I can tolerate for Disney. Of course, I am coming from 88-90 degree weather in NJ (I can't imagine 40's right now!), so hopefully you will adjust to it and have a great time! :)

Please update when you can, looking forward to hearing about your trip!
Thanks! I slept ok i guess. Took forever to fall asleep even though i took 2 benedryls to knock myself, but then at 645 i did NOT want to get up...but Disney is calling my name so i got up. Lol. It didnt get to 40s..50s. It was 59 when we left this morning. I have jeans and 3/4 sleeved shirt on. :) upper 80s would be perfect weatherwise. I hope the forecast is correct and it doesnt rain too much.

elaine amj said:
Can't believe after all this time u are actually about to head off!! So incredibly excited for u.
I know! Seems like just yesterday i was driving home from work thinking how much i NEEDED a vacation. Insert excited smiles here sinc i cant see or choose them on my android app. Lol
PrincessatheartMN said:
Have a safe trip to your Disney home. :)
Talk about the weather changed, I dont like the drastic change so much either. I am afraid I will miss MN fall once I am in Disney.
Thanks! I wont miss the iowa weather but might appreciate it more when i get back. I will however miss my dog, cats and sleep number bed. I swear i am the princess from princess in the pea on any other bed now. Its like i can feel each spring dig into me.

We left at 801am :) meeting up with my best friend and godson for lunch. Then stopping tonight in georgia.

Any android facebook app users out there? Is there a way i can post my phone pics to the group on it? I know how to do it on my puter but havent figured it out yet from my phone. I will keep working at it so i can do a live report. ;)

Thanks! I wont miss the iowa weather but might appreciate it more when i get back. I will however miss my dog, cats and sleep number bed. I swear i am the princess from princess in the pea on any other bed now. Its like i can feel each spring dig into me.

Any android facebook app users out there? Is there a way i can post my phone pics to the group on it? I know how to do it on my puter but havent figured it out yet from my phone. I will keep working at it so i can do a live report. ;)

i am right there with you on the princess in the pea :) princess: I cant sleep if my bed doesnt make right or anything underneath the sheet even a penny. DH always laugh at me and he never try to take me to camping.

In order to keep from forgetting anything, every time I pick up something whether it be the misting fans, the sun screen, the frogg toggs, whatever, I just throw it straight in the suitcase. The inside of the suitcase is a massive disaster at the moment because of it, but I sleep better knowing everything that I need is already in one place.

I started tossing everything in my suitcase. Then I realised that I still need to use some of it.:confused3 I have my girls on board too, they have changed the American girl that they want to bring about 10 times.

I always use the packing list at Mousesavers. It has more things than I would ever bring but it covers pretty much everything. Here's a link to the page with tips, and the download for the list is on this page.:)
http://www.mousesavers.com/walt-dis...s/time-is-money-at-walt-disney-world/#packing

This is perfect. Thank you. We are renting a car so we will be able to go to a store for anything we need. I like to be prepared. I packed all my daughters pins and vinylmation but I can't find their lanyards. :confused3

Getting stressed 6 days will go so fast.

I started tossing everything in my suitcase. Then I realised that I still need to use some of it.:confused3 I have my girls on board too, they have changed the American girl that they want to bring about 10 times.

This is perfect. Thank you. We are renting a car so we will be able to go to a store for anything we need. I like to be prepared. I packed all my daughters pins and vinylmation but I can't find their lanyards. :confused3

Getting stressed 6 days will go so fast.
They may not have them anymore, but if you have a Michaels Craft store near you they used to carry Disney lanyards. Not quite as big as the park ones, but perfect for kids. They had Toy Story ones, and Cars, and Princesses if I recall.
We have one for ds for his trading pins and I think it cost me around a dollar!:)

They may not have them anymore, but if you have a Michaels Craft store near you they used to carry Disney lanyards. Not quite as big as the park ones, but perfect for kids. They had Toy Story ones, and Cars, and Princesses if I recall.
We have one for ds for his trading pins and I think it cost me around a dollar!:)

I could use the 50% coupon and get it for .50 :thumbsup2 hahaha Thanks. Every time we go we end up getting the lanyard with the pin combo pack. So we have a bunch. I hate buying something when we have it someplace. Anything that is small ends up lost in my house. I will find them about 2 or 3 days after we get back. :confused3

Hi from Disney!!!!!!
Checked in yesterday afternoon. We were not given the location I requested but after asking nicely they moved us. So we are 1st floor in jamacia 45.

We got MK around 6 and the park was crowded. Despite the crowds we managed quite well ( all 3 mountains). About 1030 we all decided to call it a night. We stayed for the 11 o'clock parade and left right.after that.

Today we went to epcot. It rained most of the morning which may have kept the crowds away. We are taking a break now and are going back for dinner, illuminations and soarin' (was able get fp for 9:05 to 10 before we left).

Exactly 1 week from this time I will be leaving for the airport!! :woohoo::cheer2::banana:party:

Almost blew it last night and let slip to DS that we're going!! :crazy2:

Exactly 1 week from this time I will be leaving for the airport!! :woohoo::cheer2::banana:party:

Almost blew it last night and let slip to DS that we're going!! :crazy2:

I'm totally impressed that you've kept the secret this long!

One week from this time, we'll be at the GF for dinner with Cinderella & gang at 1900PF. I want to pack SO badly. Must. Resist. Urge...

netnurse31 said:
Making it until 1am is nothing to sneeze about, especially since you hade been up since 6am and done 2 parks!!!

We are hoping for much smaller crowds by the time we leave. Historically the crowds drop dramatically during the last week of August. Touring plans has our week rated at 1 out of 10 for crowds on quite a few of our days. Last year we wandered around HS on an EMH night and it was actually weird because no one else was on the streets of New York. I have a video of it somewhere, I have to look for it. We went on Star Tours 3 times in a row because it was a walk on. I hope it's the same way this year!

Last year at HS it was like that when we went as well. So we decided to head on over to TSM thinking no one was I the park. When we got to TSM we found out where everyone was. The line was out of the building and down the street! This is while Fantasmic already started.

Last year at HS it was like that when we went as well. So we decided to head on over to TSM thinking no one was I the park. When we got to TSM we found out where everyone was. The line was out of the building and down the street! This is while Fantasmic already started.

I'm ok with lines around the block for TSM during EMH. The crowds just better stay away from ToT!

Where is everyone tonight?:confused3

I think so many people have left or are about to leave that this thread is finally slowing down a little!

Well, I know you were technically asking about last night, but I am here this evening :) .

I have been soooooooo incredibly busy this week. Work has been hellish and almost did me in :faint: . Three days left then I'm on vacation until September 4th! :cool1:

Its been a productive week, though, in crossing items off "the list" (for the record....I am growing to despise "the list" :headache: ).

Both the car and truck have had the oil changed.

We visited (and had dinner with) with DH's grandpa (which was long overdue).

DS's new uniform pants for school have been hemmed and the crappy clasp replaced with a button and button hole (thank you, speedy cleaners!).

US travel plans have been added to our Telus cell phones.

We have confirmed our late arrival with the resort.

I have called the credit card company and put a travel note on the account (so we don't get denied when trying to make a purchase in Syracuse or Orlando).

Still to do this week.....I have an appointment for a physical :scared: (I hate all that poking and prodding :crazy2:), I have to get my hair coloured (no greys on vacation for this girl :snooty:), and we need to update the GPS.

Slowly and surely, we are getting there. One week from tonight we should be chillin' at the Candlewood Suites in Syracuse, too excited to sleep!

Well, I know you were technically asking about last night, but I am here this evening :) .

I have been soooooooo incredibly busy this week. Work has been hellish and almost did me in :faint: . Three days left then I'm on vacation until September 4th! :cool1:

Its been a productive week, though, in crossing items off "the list" (for the record....I am growing to despise "the list" :headache: ).

Both the car and truck have had the oil changed.

We visited (and had dinner with) with DH's grandpa (which was long overdue).

DS's new uniform pants for school have been hemmed and the crappy clasp replaced with a button and button hole (thank you, speedy cleaners!).

US travel plans have been added to our Telus cell phones.

We have confirmed our late arrival with the resort.

I have called the credit card company and put a travel note on the account (so we don't get denied when trying to make a purchase in Syracuse or Orlando).

Still to do this week.....I have an appointment for a physical :scared: (I hate all that poking and prodding :crazy2:), I have to get my hair coloured (no greys on vacation for this girl :snooty:), and we need to update the GPS.

Slowly and surely, we are getting there. One week from tonight we should be chillin' at the Candlewood Suites in Syracuse, too excited to sleep!

Well you just saved my behind!! I totally forgot dd's pants need hemming. I did them last year and they came out. I'll see if my super sewer mother in law will hem them for me!
I hope things settle down for you soon! If not, vacation is only a week away:)

I spent the entire day fretting about getting things done as well. My dh is in an engineering program right now. So he does one semester of school, then he works for a semester. He just finished exams for his summer semester (which was brutal!). He did wonderfully and now has 2 weeks off!! So he is here and has time to help with the cleaning, organizing and packing which is such a huge help!!! I hate tackling the list by myself. Mind you, his first order of business was to organize the garage and wash the car, but I guess it all helps lol.

Well you just saved my behind!! I totally forgot dd's pants need hemming. I did them last year and they came out. I'll see if my super sewer mother in law will hem them for me!
I hope things settle down for you soon! If not, vacation is only a week away:)

I spent the entire day fretting about getting things done as well. My dh is in an engineering program right now. So he does one semester of school, then he works for a semester. He just finished exams for his summer semester (which was brutal!). He did wonderfully and now has 2 weeks off!! So he is here and has time to help with the cleaning, organizing and packing which is such a huge help!!! I hate tackling the list by myself. Mind you, his first order of business was to organize the garage and wash the car, but I guess it all helps lol.

Things will all settle down after Wednesday.....at least then I don't have to worry about being at the office. I can get alot accomplished in two days if I put my mind to it (which is good news when I still haven't started packing :eek:...I have a meeting Monday night which I need to get out of the way first, then Tuesday I have a date with three suitcases).

I went to visit my Dad's grave this afternoon, which was something else I wanted to do before we left. Its been a month or so since I was last there, and it was just something I "needed" today (weird, I know.....but he shared my love of travelling and I guess I just wanted him to know where I'd be headed soon). I have felt a little more peaceful about the week ahead this evening, so I will chalk that up to Dad's influence :) .

lol, I love the comments about your DH cleaning the garage and washing the car........they are both on "the list" for my DH when he is off this week (he's on continental shifts, so he works all this weekend but then has Mon/Tues and Friday off). I want to be chauffered to Syracuse in a sparkling, shiny truck. And I am certain I will have a much better time on vacation if I know the garage is spotless and organized :rotfl:.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it ;) .

Oh.....and by the way.....you SEW?!?!? Sheesh, woman, would you be like the rest of us sorry excuses for mothers and just take your stuff to the dry cleaners? (or the mom-in-law? lucky you, by the way) . You make me feel inferior :rotfl2: . Couldn't sew on a button if I tried. Hemming pants!?!?! Not a chance. :rolleyes1

elaine amj said:
lol! I'm doing that on Sep

Houston86 said:
We will be there on the 2nd also!! So excited :) I will be watching for those LGMH
Us too! MK on the 2nd, with our DD and DGD visiting from Georgia. Gonna try and hang till the bitter end, we did it in Feb and it wasn't easy! Lol

beachmama3 said:
I am coming from 88-90 degree weather in NJ (I can't imagine 40's right now!)...

with you on that one! Of course, with all these crazy thunderstorms we've been getting as well, the afternoon rain at the parks will be easy to tolerate too. LOL. I never thought it would be cooler during a week in Aug in FL than here! Hope your area has been escaping the flooding! We've been pretty lucky so far! (fingers crossed, I never want to experience THAT again!!!)

sweetcanadian said:
Is it ok to leave a teenager by themselves without feeling guilty? I asked if he wanted to come & he said no mom you & Geno should have a date.
From what you have described in your posts, your son seems like a responsible boy. Looks like you have a good plan in place for safety, contact, etc. Don't feel guilty, go and have a really good time. We raised five kids, all grown now and part of what I learned was that each one was different as far as leaving them on their own. You're obviously comfortable with the thought or you wouldn't have considered it. So, my feeling is you should go on your honeymoon date night and let him show you how responsible he can be. That will make your son feel really good too that you put trust in him and he delivered. Win-win situation! Have a great time!

pigletto said:
I always use the packing list at Mousesavers. It has more things than I would ever bring but it covers pretty much everything. Here's a link to the page with tips, and the download for the list is on this page.:)
http://www.mousesavers.com/walt-disney-world-vacation-discounts-and-deals/time-is-money-at-walt-disney-world/#packing
Thanks for the link!!! :)

dontthrowsand said:
12.5 hours to take off. Yeah, I'm officially bored. I will probably have to watch a movie
Have a wonderful time and safe travels! Don't forget to post if you can and drive all of us late August people crazy with anticipation! Hahaha.

OneBadApple said:
Hi from Disney!!!!!!
Checked in yesterday afternoon. We were not given the location I requested but after asking nicely they moved us. So we are 1st floor in jamacia 45.

We got MK around 6 and the park was crowded. Despite the crowds we managed quite well ( all 3 mountains). About 1030 we all decided to call it a night. We stayed for the 11 o'clock parade and left right.after that.

Today we went to epcot. It rained most of the morning which may have kept the crowds away. We are taking a break now and are going back for dinner, illuminations and soarin' (was able get fp for 9:05 to 10 before we left).
Yay!!! so glad you are there and having a good time! Enjoy! Thanks for the post!

ginny_lynn said:
:woohoo:Leaving in 5 hours!!!:woohoo:
Have a safe trip and a wonderful time!!

In other news.... 10 days for us!!! Tomorrow, single digits! WOOHOO!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter