****OFFICIAL August, 2012 (PART 2)****

Stan.... I'm sorry I missed that. Definately a fast moving thread. I'm bringing 4 stars with me but they are not soo well known...guess I should packing for all them ;)

No problem this is a very fast moving thread I keep telling everyone to keep there hands, arms, legs and feet in the tread at all times.

I'm on my Mac for the first time in a long time and see you are staying at AoA until the 19th (with the darn iPad app I don't get to see anyones signature). We are staying at POP but arrive on the 19th. Can you do me a favor before you leave? Zip across the river and fluff up my pillow before you leave. Thanks.

Hey Sabrefan~~Did you notice any Bounceback offers in your room???:rolleyes1

I'm waiting to hear about this also. The last 3 years we went in August, we were always able to book the bounceback for free dining for the following year. :worship:

Keeping a deposit in the the budget in hopes for another year of pixiedust:

It's depressing to see some you back from vacation already, its a cruel reminder of how quick mine will go:guilty: and then our Team August 2012 thread will be but a memory:guilty::sad1::sad:

Diddo! But I shall not think of that lol. This is such a fantastic group and hope everyone had/ is having/ will have a super trip!

We never got a bounceback offer! I was expecting one, but nothing ever came. Probably a good thing for my pocket book but I was anxious to see what it would be.

One thing that changed from the last time I was there, is that you can now take buses from park to park!! I felt really bad because I noticed it AFTER I told another woman she'd have to go to a resort, then another park since she had hoppers. I hope she realized I was wrong before she did all that.

Sabrefan said:

One thing that changed from the last time I was there, is that you can now take buses from park to park!! I felt really bad because I noticed it AFTER I told another woman she'd have to go to a resort, then another park since she had hoppers. I hope she realized I was wrong before she did all that.

This is some great news! Hopefully this will make the busses less crowded because if someone wants to go from AK to MK it will mean one less family on a resort bus plus one less family on a resort to park bus. Looks like Disney cought on if people are waiting for busses and riding busses they are not spending money in parks also this makes park hoppers more attractive. I just may upgrade now.

One more thing I wanted to mention. Before we left I read on the disboards about how the parks had gone down over the years, with broken down rides and rude cast members. I did mention how great all the cast members were that we can across (except 1) but the rides I did notice seemed to be down quite a bit. Things like this dont bother me while I'm at Disney...I dont think a hurricane would bother me at Disney, but we did get stuck on dinosaur for about 20 minutes - not soo scary when the lights are on, but my kids were not happy :rotfl: They gave us fastpasses for when they got it running again, after they "finally" came and got us off the ride. It took a little while because they brought a step stool to each "time machine" to get all the guests off because you know that three foot drop might be dangerous :rolleyes1:rotfl2: We got stuck on Haunted Mansion twice. And 2 other times we were in line waiting, had just got into the building, you know where they herd you all in like cattle and stood there for a good twenty minutes, apparently someone had passed out right before they got on the ride, and they had to bring in a stretcher and everything - my only complaint was while this was going on they continued to pack people in that room instead of closing off the line to get this woman out safely and quickly, it took too long in my opinion. She did appear to be okay, thankfully. The second time (same day, later though) we were in the exact same spot and wouldn't you know someone else passed out!! They got this women out quicker and she also appeared to be fine once they got her in a wheelchair. I think it was a combination of the heat and being packed in that room like that. It was getting to me and I am not even claustrophobic at all. We also got stuck on Pirates for a short time. I think that was all. It never happened on our last trip so I was surprised to have it happen so many times on this one.

What can I say?? I'm geographically challenged!!! :lmao:

Ok everyone....it's RALEIGH that we have to fly into!!! :cool1:

Well Charlotte is in NC, so you are correct on that part.

Last night I placed our Garden Grocer order and this morning they called to verify. Luckily, my kids weren't in the room when they called.

August is going by too quickly. Everyone's trip will be here and gone before you know it.

I thought that has always been the case. The only time we used the buses was on our 1st trip in 2006 and I thought we were able to take a bus from one park to another without going to a resort. The only issue we had was we were at AK and wanted to go to DTD and for that we needed to get on a resort bus.

Can you do me a favor before you leave? Zip across the river and fluff up my pillow before you leave. Thanks.

Stan, since your'e checkin in a day beofre me at Pop, Would you mind telling the bartenders at the Petals pool bar to have their blenders running and waiting for me:goodvibes thnx buddy:thumbsup2 Tell them litlepixie likes her Dacquiris with a rum roof!!

I was bored this afternoon, counting the minutes til we leave when I decided to play around with my dining adrs. Guess what I scored? Ohana for dinner on Thursday night! :cool1::woohoo::yay::dance3::cheer2:
We have Sanaa booked but I am not sure I want that. DH is not a huge Ohana fan, but the boys and I love it! He told me to do what I wanted to do.....you know what that means! Ohana, here we come!

I just got back from our quick trip to Vegas for my birthday. It was 114F over there and very humidity. I hate humidity. DH got a reality check on planning to be at the park all day. I got a test run on my new sandal/shoes... I think I might have to keep looking since I got a blister. We did tried our mister we got from Amazon, and it works amazingly well so it will be a keeper.
I spend 3 days in my suite with books and look down the strip from my nice fancy glass bay window. We got upgraded and the kids got their own room. I came to appreciate the quite time while the kids running wild in the others room.
I am little sad now since it went so fast and I am worrying our first trip to Disney will went as fast.

I am so glad some of you already had a great trip and I cant wait to see some of you in WDW.

Oh by the way, I preorder photopass+ if anyone interested in a share , shoot me a message. I never done it before but I am open to the idea if anyone want to do it.

litlpixie said:
Stan, since your'e checkin in a day beofre me at Pop, Would you mind telling the bartenders at the Petals pool bar to have their blenders running and waiting for me:goodvibes thnx buddy:thumbsup2 Tell them litlepixie likes her Dacquiris with a rum roof!!

Hang on I'll add that to my daily plan...

litlpixie said:

Stan Solo said:
Hang on I'll add that to my daily plan...

...OK added it my things to do on the 20th. Just make sure you introduce yourself as litlpixie to the bartenders at the bar and you should be good to go.

Reading along and not posting because I generally get lost in the bajillion posts! Just figured I'd check in and share this article: World's most-visited theme parks

Welcome back to our first August travelers, hope our current travelers are having a blast and I hope the rest of us have everything under control with all the last minute planning & packing!

No problem this is a very fast moving thread I keep telling everyone to keep there hands, arms, legs and feet in the tread at all times.

I'm on my Mac for the first time in a long time and see you are staying at AoA until the 19th (with the darn iPad app I don't get to see anyones signature). We are staying at POP but arrive on the 19th. Can you do me a favor before you leave? Zip across the river and fluff up my pillow before you leave. Thanks.

I'll try my best, ;)

Hey y'all!
In Virginia right now. we were stuck in traffic for almost TWO hours. Not fun at all! The gps says we should be at our hotel at 8:45.

I am packing now, well most of it, i work almost all week until saturday. I work till 11pm friday night & we leave to the city sometime saturday. Stan you should come have pizza with us at our hotel :rotfl2:

Pizza hut closed down in plap so that is what is on my mind for dinner. Husband loves Joeys only but he gets that ALL the time when we go to the city.

littlezar said:
Reading along and not posting because I generally get lost in the bajillion posts! Just figured I'd check in and share this article: World's most-visited theme parks

Welcome back to our first August travelers, hope our current travelers are having a blast and I hope the rest of us have everything under control with all the last minute planning & packing!

Thanks for the link that is a very interesting article and I have often wondered how many people go to the parks each year. It will be interesting to see this list over the next few years once when we get the Cars Land numbers, Fantasy Land expansion, Avatar Land, Harry Potter expansion and even the new Test Track remodel. Also isn't Disney is building another park in the middle east somewhere?

lizzyb said:
I'll try my best, ;)

Thanks I knew I could count on you :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter