****OFFICIAL August, 2012 (PART 2)****

Guess so, so did this one lol.

9 days!!! Only 8 more days until we leave our house (very early flight so staying in the city before hand).

I have nothing packed, that is on my to do list for today, but i need a nap first :rotfl2:

I worked a night shift then a day off (but really???) then a day shift after no sleep so i am bushed :(

Get some sleep, my friend!! Your trip (and mine) will be here soon!!!!

Depending on where you stop in NC, I could fix y'all dinner.

DID EVERYONE CATCH THAT?? Now if we all can rearrange our flights to land in Charlotte, we can get a FREE MEAL!!!! :lmao:

2 weeks from today for me! I am having a hard time concentrating on anything else! How I'm gonna make it through the next 14 days is beyond me!

Me too. I mean really.....are there other things to think about besides Disney?? I think NOT!

Since I lost all my quotes and I'm too lazy to go back, I'll just wing it.

:welcome: to our newest members

On twitter my username is one_bad_apple, as you can see I'm very original in picking my online names. I have a list of everyone that posted their names and will follow you. Since I don't have a smart phone I'll only be able to tweet from MK and the resort.

taylor, will continue to pray for your friend's son. Having a treatment plan is half the battle.

:cool1::cheer2:::banana::banana::cheer2::cool1: to all those leaving shortly.

And just FYI,
in exactly 7 days, I will be on my way home to CBR.
:cool1::cheer2:::banana::banana::cheer2::cool1:

Me too!! Me too!!! 7 days folks!!

Oh, and I think we need a new list: TWITTER NAMES!!!! Just saying!!! :rolleyes1

DID EVERYONE CATCH THAT?? Now if we all can rearrange our flights to land in Charlotte, we can get a FREE MEAL!!!! :lmao:

Make that Raleigh (RDU airport) and you have a deal. I live 5 minutes from there. It would take 2 and half hours to get to mine from Charlotte.

I've been reading this forum for months and can't believe I didn't see this thead!

My DGD14 and just me are flying down on Aug 23rd. It seems like excitement level increased 10 fold since we went past the two week point yesterday. I've been to the park about 5 or 6 times, albeit not to many recently. My grand-daughter has only been once when she was 4 and that was in MK for only one day. Needless to say she doesn't remember much. On to the plan:

We arrive at MCO at 11:30 on Thursday the 23rd and are staying at SOG until Aug 29.

8/23 - Check into SOG, get tix and proceed to HS
8/24 - Epcot EMH am, Akershus Royal Banquet Hall ADR @ 1:40 (She may be a bit old for this but she wanted to do it?) Probably end up at MK for EMH.
8/25 - Sleep in just a bit, then meet my sister and mother at Contemporary for ADR at 10:50. From there, probably wing it a bit.
8/26 - MK
8/27 - AK

Then we go to Discovery Cove, the 2 universal parks and Seaworld to end Friday. Staying 8/29 at Loews Pacific Resort to take advantage of the perks and 8/30 to 8/31 at The Swan, since Seaworld closed relatively early we hope to have the energy to go back to EMH Epcot. Whew! Fly home Saturday morning.

One thing I cant' seem to find, we are renting a car and I'm wanting to go to a store on the way from airport. Where is a good grocery store, close to road from airport to Disney and in a safe neighborhood? :confused3

Thanks all! Really enjoy the thread!

Can anyone who is there now tell us if there is a new bounce back offer in the room?
Thanks,
Pat

I've been reading this forum for months and can't believe I didn't see this thead!

My DGD14 and just me are flying down on Aug 23rd. It seems like excitement level increased 10 fold since we went past the two week point yesterday. I've been to the park about 5 or 6 times, albeit not to many recently. My grand-daughter has only been once when she was 4 and that was in MK for only one day. Needless to say she doesn't remember much. On to the plan:

We arrive at MCO at 11:30 on Thursday the 23rd and are staying at SOG until Aug 29.

8/24 - Epcot EMH am, Akershus Royal Banquet Hall ADR @ 1:40 (She may be a bit old for this but she wanted to do it?) Probably end up at MK for EMH.
8/25 - Sleep in just a bit, then meet my sister and mother at Contemporary for ADR at 10:50. From there, probably wing it a bit.
8/26 - MK
8/27 - AK

Then we go to Discovery Cove, the 2 universal parks and Seaworld to end Friday. Staying 8/29 at Loews Pacific Resort to take advantage of the perks and 8/30 to 8/31 at The Swan, since Seaworld closed relatively early we hope to have the energy to go back to EMH Epcot. Whew! Fly home Saturday morning.

One thing I cant' seem to find, we are renting a car and I'm wanting to go to a store on the way from airport. Where is a good grocery store, close to road from airport to Disney and in a safe neighborhood? :confused3

Hello and Welcome!!!
You leave the same day as us:). We're doing Universal first though. We'll also be looking for a grocery store when we leave Universal and we are on our way to Disney. I am making it my mission this week to find one so when I gather the info I'll put it in here. I know there are quite a few but the closest ones apparently are very expensive so I'll see what I can find for us:)

Hi guys! I just wanted to check in and say hi!! It is HOT down here, like melting hot. But we expected it and are having a great time! When we got to ASSports, they upgraded us for free to a preferred room in the touchdown building but not facing the field so it's nice and quiet. Then we went to Epcot for a little while. Everything was a 5 minute wait with the exception of Soarin, MS, and SE but we will go on them next time. We did Nemo, Innoventions, Captain Eo (which I never saw but DH did and was very excited to relive a childhood memory lol), and walked around World Showcase. We had a margarita in Mexico and ate lunch at the CS in Japan. Then we went back to the hotel to do some swimming and then to Downtown Disney. We had dinner at Earl of Sandwich for the first time and walked around. The only complaint I had about yesterday was the bussing back to the hotel from DTD. We waited an hour and ten minutes for a bus. And it's not like there were buses that came by for our hotel and were just full, I mean we waited for a bus to even come by at all. DH was so mad but he calmed down by the time we got back to the hotel lol.

Today's agenda is AK and possibly MK tonight for EMH. Hope everyone is good!
Hi!!! I'm so glad you're having a good time!! I love the CS in Japan. I can take or leave the food but I love the location. It seems hidden up there doesn't it?

And the buses from DTD? I hear you. I generally don't have any complaints with the buses but we've always had issues at DTD.:confused3

8/26 - MK
8/27 - AK

a lurker is among us.

but welcome to the thread.

tumblr_m8igx4rKc21rtiqh7.gif

:wave2: Hey everyone, just dropping in for a quick hello. I am sooooo out of date on this thread.

I am totally swamped at work getting ready for my week off (I am the only admin person at my office, so when I'm away, NOTHING seems to get done......which means I have to pre-do almost two weeks of work before I leave :eek:) and evenings are almost as hectic. So many to-do's to cross of the list before we leave (oil changes, car repairs...thankfully under warranty on our new 2012 Journey so no bite out of the budget...., visiting the grandparents, doing the last of the vacation shopping...oh, the list never ends :sad2:).

I have no idea who has left and who is just waiting to dash out the door, or who has a couple of weeks left like me.....but I have been thinking about y'all and hoping that you are managing with a little less pandamonium than I currently am experiencing!!!

Hoping to find some time tonight to sit back with the laptop and read through all the pages I've missed along the way. Preferably with some of my emergency chocolate stash and a Tim Hortons coffee :thumbsup2 . Now THAT'S therapy! :rotfl:

Thank you, Pigletto and ChalieBrown

Yes, guilty as charged, I'm a looker, oh, wait, you said lurker, nm.
:wave2:

8/26 - MK
8/27 - AK

:welcome:
Sounds like it will be a great trip.

Your test worked out just great! Nice to see another husband on the team.

I'm charging my old 2nd gen touch now you got me wondering if I will notice it being slow. Also, for everyone planing on using wifi in the paks as far as I know so far only MK has wifi. Disney does plan to have the rest of the parks hooked up by the year end though.

When I was in AK last year I found a stray wifi single but it was locked. There was also one in Spaceship earth that did work.

Nope it worked just fine just take a look at my first quote in this multy quote reply.

Hi Lizzy! I said hi and welcomed you to the team after your first post on this thread but we travel so fast in this corner of the Dis I can easily see how you missed it.

I think it's because some people insist on doing a whole buch of multi quotes. ;)

Star packing! Wow what stars are you bringing with you? I'd bring Ashley Eckstein and Stacy J. Aswad.

OK, this is now my third time quoting you in this one multi quote to tell you it worked. What will it take to convince you? It worked already! For "nothing really to see here" you and I sure dragged this out eh? ;)

Stan.... I'm sorry I missed that. Definately a fast moving thread. I'm bringing 4 stars with me but they are not soo well known...guess I should packing for all them ;)

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina said:
:wave2: Hey everyone, just dropping in for a quick hello. I am sooooo out of date on this thread.

I am totally swamped at work getting ready for my week off (I am the only admin person at my office, so when I'm away, NOTHING seems to get done......which means I have to pre-do almost two weeks of work before I leave :eek:) and evenings are almost as hectic. So many to-do's to cross of the list before we leave (oil changes, car repairs...thankfully under warranty on our new 2012 Journey so no bite out of the budget...., visiting the grandparents, doing the last of the vacation shopping...oh, the list never ends :sad2:).

I have no idea who has left and who is just waiting to dash out the door, or who has a couple of weeks left like me.....but I have been thinking about y'all and hoping that you are managing with a little less pandamonium than I currently am experiencing!!!

Hoping to find some time tonight to sit back with the laptop and read through all the pages I've missed along the way. Preferably with some of my emergency chocolate stash and a Tim Hortons coffee :thumbsup2 . Now THAT'S therapy! :rotfl:
I think a lot of us on here have had a crazy couple of weeks. I have tried to read posts daily and it seems we all have juggling acts going on.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I'm baccckkkkkk! Sorry didn't post while I was down there, was very busy. We had an amazing time!! I just love it there so much. Our last day was bitter sweet, I was a litle home sick and missed our cat, but it is so hard to say good bye to the magic and the carefree living there.

A quick summary

Day 1 - went to Magic Kingdom, it POURED, like sideways crazy Floriday rain pouring as soon as our bus pulled up to Magic Kingdom. Boooooo. Rained for a few hours but it didn't stop us - we did everything, somethings twice

The cast members - they just blow me away everytime, so friendly and funny, everyone we came across was so friendly and happy. Disney really employs some great people....well we did have 1 at the resort food court (Music) who was not in a good mood, but maybe she was just having a bad day, she was borderline rude but I didn't let it get me down.

the food - we did coral Reef, Tusker House, Chef Mickeys, Sci Fi, 1900 Park Fare, Liberty Tavern, and Rainforest Cafe. All were great, I'd never be able to pick a favortie but I am a big fan of the buffets since I have such picky eaters. We ate very well while we were there. We had the regular dining plan, I priced it out and we came out a little bit ahead. Was well worth it in my opinion.

the resort - maybe I'm just getting old but I'm done with value resorts, last time we did Pop, we did Music this time...I liked the resort but it was so busy, and loud and crowded. I didn't find that those things bothered me much at Pop before but this time it was getting on my nerves. Lots of cheerleaders, and they didn't care if it was midnight, they were cheering,...loudly. We will be in a moderate next time (and we've even been researching DVC since we've been back - we'll see about that though). Our room was very dusty when we first arrived, the next day mousekeeping took care of it and I didn't even say anything, they left us lots of towel animals, and lots of extra towels and the cleaning was great the rest of our week, but that entertainment center looked like it hadn't been dusted in quite a while when we first got there. No biggie, just an observation. the grounds were nice and well kept, the pools were clean and refreshing.

the weather - well we really lucked out, it was HOT in the middle the day, and it did rain every day but only for a short time, and at night I was surprised how much it was cooling off. It was comfortable and we got a lot of things done at night with out hte heat holding us back. Monday we were catching a bus for the Magic Kingdom and the bus driver warned they may close the park due to lightening. I'm glad we went anyways we had an AWESOME night and only got a sprinkle. Every afternoon we went back to the hotel and swam and went back to the parks after the sun went down. I highly recommend doing this. It gave us that perk we all needed in the middle of the day.

the buses - great as usual - never had to wait more than 10 minutes, and at the end of the night if we were left standing my youngest DD was always offered a seat. I love people sometimes. :goodvibes

I've been back 2 days and am already pricing out our next trip. :rotfl2:

My favorite moment was cupid shuffeling with my girls, husband, goofy, stitch and chip and dale in Magic Kingdom, it was so much fun. A memory I will never forget.

also the Magic Memorie and you they do on the castle now is AMAZING and made me cry lol

Welcome back Sabrefan! We just joined DVC....so glad that we did! We are staying at SSR, our home resort, for the first time in 4 days! Let me know if ou have any questions!

Welcome Back! Glad you had a wonderful trip :) Thanks for the mini report, love hearing about all the magical moments!

It's depressing to see some you back from vacation already, its a cruel reminder of how quick mine will go:guilty: and then our Team August 2012 thread will be but a memory:guilty::sad1::sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter