****OFFICIAL August, 2012 (PART 2)****

Speaking of travel budgets, who else is budgeting in a $200 deposit for next year's trip? :rotfl:

Is that what it is to book the bounce back trip? I need to factor that in. Booking the trips is what gets us through the year. I want to do the Disney cruise next August while my girls are still young enough to enjoy the characters. Why does it have to be so expensive :confused3:rotfl2:

I'm hoping to book that by October so we can start paying on it.

Wooot!!!!!
Yay! 1 week! What is this about Disney research? I must have missed you saying anything about it??

Myself and Parrothead goofy(I think, I have a headache and not thinking clear today) as well as others were selected to participate in a research, posted back a few pages I think. Its a program, they shadow us for 2 hrs 3 days on trip and observe how you tour and you get rewarded with $ and video camera to keep and a photo book after. I am waiting on my camera, was shipped over night today.

Is that what it is to book the bounce back trip? I need to factor that in. Booking the trips is what gets us through the year. I want to do the Disney cruise next August while my girls are still young enough to enjoy the characters. Why does it have to be so expensive :confused3:rotfl2:

I'm hoping to book that by October so we can start paying on it.

The deposit for a cruise may be a little more expensive. I know when I was going to book an Easter 2013 cruise with a local group of friends, my deposit was way more than $200- it was like $800. I wish the cruises were more reasonably priced...we decided not to go, but I REALLY want to cruise with Disney. I am all for a WDW trip next August...hope the bounceback is good!

Myself and Parrothead goofy(I think, I have a headache and not thinking clear today) as well as others were selected to participate in a research, posted back a few pages I think. Its a program, they shadow us for 2 hrs 3 days on trip and observe how you tour and you get rewarded with $ and video camera to keep and a photo book after. I am waiting on my camera, was shipped over night today.

Cool! :cool1:

Speaking of travel budgets, who else is budgeting in a $200 deposit for next year's trip? :rotfl:

We are by paying our DVC dues:) The goal is to get to Disney 3 times this year...a record for us, but then to take a break for a year or 2. We will buy annual passes for this trip which will take care of the 3 trips (we get a great discount with DVC) and the hotel is taken care of...just need to worry about travel and food.

-I wouldn't think that everyone would need to play. Maybe someone else has experience with this.

-100 points is maybe 2 games - not much

-We once had two vouchers for Planet Hollywood and I *think* we used both. We may have had to split the bill to do so but not sure. The souvinier at that time (6 years ago!) was a keychain.

Thank you! I figured the arcade card was not going to cover much....

I didn't answer yesterdays question...

I hadn't even thought about the Bounceback!!! I was all set to wait and see what kind of AP rates and GP codes came out for our February trip. Now I am all curious to see if the current offer covers our February dates. We're going for the one quiet week in the month that surrounds it so here's hoping!

I don't know where we want to stay yet. So begins another 6 months of changing my mind:scratchin
I kid.. it will be MUCH easier to pick a resort this time because it's only four of us. I had my heart set on Port Orleans Riverside for the August trip but 5 of us were not going to fit comfortably.

Ok, need a little help here. I paid off my room only yesterday and got the email with my updated reservation that shows its paid. Then later in the day I got another email, looked the same so I clicked the link and it took me to my reservation but this time it had a room number. Does that mean thats going to be my room number?

res.jpg

Everything else is identical to the reservation I had received earlier except for the room number. Wouldn't be complaining, thats the area I hope to be in :rotfl:

Wooot!!!!!

Sounds like my mother. Not cool. The only thing that stopped her is she moved 9 hrs away from when she got married (without telling anyone). Her hubby has since died (which is sad because he was a great guy) but she's still 9 hrs away which is fine with me because it makes saying no that much easier. :hug: I know its frustrating. I hope it gets better for you.

OM Goodness- I can kinda relate on "Mom Madness" I adore my mother, but Ive been living with her since February and I swear shes driven me a little batty. Fortunately, I have finally found a place in the school district where my daughter needs to be, so we are finally moving next week! (can I get an Amen:littleangel:) My mom's one of "those" moms who's frequently heard saying, you know what your problem is, Penny..?" or "THIS is what you need to do". LOL, She's right, Im wrong,lolol. ;)

Anyone else get the pre-vacation blues? This happened to me the last time we went to Disney. I have nothing left to do for our trip but count down my measily 5 days and I just feel blah about it. Not sure if its just such a build up up to this point and I'm just dying to get there already or what :confused3 I haven't been sleeping well, I tend to get a little bit of anxiety whenever something this big comes up, I am waking up several times throughout the night. Maybe I'm just tired. I'm not even excited its Friday. :sad2:

OM Goodness- I can kinda relate on "Mom Madness" I adore my mother, but Ive been living with her since February and I swear shes driven me a little batty. Fortunately, I have finally found a place in the school district where my daughter needs to be, so we are finally moving next week! (can I get an Amen:littleangel:) My mom's one of "those" moms who's frequently heard saying, you know what your problem is, Penny..?" or "THIS is what you need to do". LOL, She's right, Im wrong,lolol. ;)

AMEN!!

I feel for you all with the mom issues! My mom was an undiagnosed bi-polar. She didnt get diagnosed until I was already out of the house but once she did and I learned about the illness so many things that I had to deal with as a kid made sense. Even though she has been on medication for years she definitely still has her moments. I know the "Your problem is" line all to well lol.

AMEN!!

I feel for you all with the mom issues! My mom was an undiagnosed bi-polar. She didnt get diagnosed until I was already out of the house but once she did and I learned about the illness so many things that I had to deal with as a kid made sense. Even though she has been on medication for years she definitely still has her moments. I know the "Your problem is" line all to well lol.

How stressful that must have been for you! I try to be completely different w/ my children (NOT-Critical or judgemental) because I know that I certainly never wanted to hear that growing up, so I, as a parent, make sure to choose my words carefully with my kids. I feel bad for my mom~she gets those personality traits from my grandmother who, sorry to say, was a horrible human being. So , its all in the bringing-up. My mom was a much better mom than grandma, and I am a much better mom than MY mom. So I figure by the time my great-great grandchildren are parents, they'll be perfect!:lmao:

I am thinking about my first morning. We have an ADR at Ohana at 7:50 am and will head to MK right after. What time should I leave All Stars Music? I was thinking before 7 am? I should go to MK then take monorail over?

The deposit for a cruise may be a little more expensive. I know when I was going to book an Easter 2013 cruise with a local group of friends, my deposit was way more than $200- it was like $800. I wish the cruises were more reasonably priced...we decided not to go, but I REALLY want to cruise with Disney. I am all for a WDW trip next August...hope the bounceback is good!

Cruise deposits are about 20% of the price of the cruise I do believe.

Cruise deposits are about 20% of the price of the cruise I do believe.

Yep. I did a booking not long ago and the deposit was almost 1000.00 dollars.
Cancelled it because 5000.00 for the cruise alone, never mind tips, excursions (which are very expensive) spending money and flights would have put that trip very near 8 or 9 thousand and that was for a 6 day cruise:crazy2:

I do plan to book one someday, but not anytime soon. And when we do it will likely be one of the ones out of New York so we can drive (6 or 7 hours) to and from the port.

pigletto said:
Yep. I did a booking not long ago and the deposit was almost 1000.00 dollars.
Cancelled it because 5000.00 for the cruise alone, never mind tips, excursions (which are very expensive) spending money and flights would have put that trip very near 8 or 9 thousand and that was for a 6 day cruise:crazy2:

I do plan to book one someday, but not anytime soon. And when we do it will likely be one of the ones out of New York so we can drive (6 or 7 hours) to and from the port.

The ones out of new York are finite. After September, there are no plans for the Disney ships to come back to new York. I'm sure they will eventually but the itineraries for all 4 ships are out through 2013 and they are all in other places.

jm106 said:
I am thinking about my first morning. We have an ADR at Ohana at 7:50 am and will head to MK right after. What time should I leave All Stars Music? I was thinking before 7 am? I should go to MK then take monorail over?

Yea I would leave around 6:45. It always takes longer than you think to get from All Stars to anything in the MK area. I would probably take the monorail. It'll be faster. But check out http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/aspx/twiz.aspx just to be sure.

The ones out of new York are finite. After September, there are no plans for the Disney ships to come back to new York. I'm sure they will eventually but the itineraries for all 4 ships are out through 2013 and they are all in other places.

Boooooo.:sad:

We don't have any plans for next year. Saving for a possible move and dd to go to University, so I guess it doesn't matter anyway.
What I really want is an Alaskan cruise for my 40th. I don't know if it will be in the cards.. and flying across the country is very expensive so it may have to wait a few years. I think that's what keeps us going back to Disney. When promos like free dining or a good AP rate and come out, I can take the whole family away to a value for under 3000 all in.
Plus we've done other cruising (on Celebrity) and can get a cruise much cheaper with another line. I'd like to experience a Disney Cruise one day though:)

Ok, need a little help here. I paid off my room only yesterday and got the email with my updated reservation that shows its paid. Then later in the day I got another email, looked the same so I clicked the link and it took me to my reservation but this time it had a room number. Does that mean thats going to be my room number?

res.jpg

Everything else is identical to the reservation I had received earlier except for the room number. Wouldn't be complaining, thats the area I hope to be in :rotfl:

I dont know the answer, but that's pretty cool if it is!!

Anyone else get the pre-vacation blues? This happened to me the last time we went to Disney. I have nothing left to do for our trip but count down my measily 5 days and I just feel blah about it. Not sure if its just such a build up up to this point and I'm just dying to get there already or what :confused3 I haven't been sleeping well, I tend to get a little bit of anxiety whenever something this big comes up, I am waking up several times throughout the night. Maybe I'm just tired. I'm not even excited its Friday. :sad2:

I get them, but usually it's around 5 months out after I get all of my ADR's booked and I realize just how long I have to wait.

This is the point where I start to stress big time about money. Do I have enough, how much do I need to bring, what if I run out, etc?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter