• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official August 2010 Thread!! Come Join Us In The Countdown!*****

the only time we can drive through the night is if one of our young adult children is driving!! :drive: They seem to have that ability to stay up all night that us real adults got over!:lmao:

We'll leave on Sunday and drive from Northern VA to Savannah GA.. then on to Melbourne and the college from there. Then Disney 2 days later!!

We used to stay in the Country Inn and Suites on 95 in Kingsland, but we found a really nice hotel, I think it was a Comfort Suites in Savannah that we really liked. I think we'll stay there instead. And its a bit less of a drive than Kingsland.

We went to Williamsburg 4 times in one year a while back.... luckily for us its just under 4 hours, unless you hit really bad traffic... then all bets are off!!:laughing:

:lmao: yeah I know what you mean I'm not that adultish :rolleyes1 but I cant drive all night anymore. I use to be able to stay up 24 hrs straight no prob, but gone are those days since I had the boys. :)

I think I've stayed in that hotel in Savannah? Is it down the road from the historic district? I really liked Savannah. We went for St Patty's day one year.

It took us about 7 1/2hrs to get to Williamsburg from Long Island. I thought we made great time because we left so early and didnt need to stop until the boys got up about around 9am. But the same thing with traiffic around here. I'm only 20 miles from NYC but with traffic it could easily take 1 1/2-2hrs to get off the island!:scared1:

i leave TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like I am running around like a chicken with my head cut off. My grandfather is in the hospital, and we almost canceled our trip but hes been doing better so we are stilll going but i have not packed much because I have been with him and the whole family at the hospital. I hope that this vacation goes smoothly, and that we can get some relaxation on this trip and not just worry about him the whole time. We were gonna cancel, but with my school schedule since im going to be a senior this fall in college, this is the only time I can go for over a year. So lets all keep our fingers crossed that everything keeeps going smoothly!!

he is in my prayers, just try to relax and enjoy your trip

we're doing tusker house (Donald's bkfst) also...just got res yeaterday after trying 2 mos!

23 hours!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was reading your post and thinking, "Wow, that sounds just like ME and MY husband". And then I looked over and realized that you ARE my husband! You are sound asleep, but it's after midnight so I can be the first to officially say "ONE WEEK TIL WE LEAVE!".

And he's not exaggerating when he says we are driving our kids crazy. Though now that it is getting closer they are starting to get excited too.

I got our green mickey heads today! :thumbsup2 Can't wait to get our names on them and get them laminated, hole punched, or whatever else we decide to do. We'll be looking for our other green mickey head disboard friends while we are there. We're hoping to go the Pop Century meet on the 16th. :banana:

SO EXCITING!!!!!!!! ONE WEEK TO GO!!!!!:woohoo:

I'm wondering about the POP Century Meet you mentioned on Aug. 16th. Where at POP and at what time does it start?:flower3:
I'd love to go and meet some fellow Disers. We check into POP on the 16 , but our Free Dining package starts the followind day on 8/17.
We have our LGMH ready to go to !!!! :thumbsup2

Scooter signs are made...lots of stuff to gather together still. Less than 48 hours to go! :scared1:

Front basket design....
NoMatter.jpg

Bumper Sticker...
Maggie-Gabby-bumper.jpg

Back Tag....
CelebrationScooter.jpg

I'm wondering about the POP Century Meet you mentioned on Aug. 16th. Where at POP and at what time does it start?:flower3:
I'd love to go and meet some fellow Disers. We check into POP on the 16 , but our Free Dining package starts the followind day on 8/17.
We have our LGMH ready to go to !!!! :thumbsup2

4pm... POP food court. I am going to TRY and make it... we had to rearrange some plans so I dont know if I'll be there. go my LGMH, so if you see me in the park... say hi.

8 days until we leave for Disney World!! Hope we bump into some of our fellow Dis'rs while we're there.

Best wishes Mindy (my Virginia Disney fan) as I'm headed out tomorrow for 9 days! Star Wars Invades Orlando with Celebration V Thurs-Sun! Double doses of fun and good times. Memories are made of these! Safe, happy trips to all!

Scooter signs are made...lots of stuff to gather together still. Less than 48 hours to go! :scared1:

QUOTE]

:lovestruc :love: LOVE THEM!!!!

Single Digit Dance today!

8 days until we leave for Disney World!! Hope we bump into some of our fellow Dis'rs while we're there.

We just did online check-in!!!! 10 more days :) :banana:

8 days :cool1: 8 days :thumbsup2 8 days :cheer2: 8 days :woohoo: 8 days :yay: 8 days :banana:

Finally doing the single digit dance! 9 DAYSQUOTE]

Oh My gosh!! That is SOOOO long!! :lmao:

5 days 5 days 5 days!!! :dance3:

ahhhh I'm jealous of you all ;) :rotfl: I still have 16 days til take off!

One week from today I will be doing the "I can't sleep because I am going to Disney World tomorrow!" :woohoo:

8 days left!

One of the best parts of our vacation is the travel on the first day. We get up super duper early, like 3-4am to catch our flight, so all day we are a little delirious :crazy2:, the day seems like it never ends. Its perfect! :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter