• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official August 2010 Thread!! Come Join Us In The Countdown!*****

I just booked 8/10 - 17, 2010 for 13 people - LAST NIGHT!!! Can I pull it all together??!!!:goodvibes You betcha!!

Actually, I don't think I'm on the list yet either (POP Aug 26-31). Anyway, got my Mickey Mail today!!!!!!!!!!

Thx for the info. And the pin story! I had a problem keeping my pins on. So I just decided I wouldnt wear them. TOO MUCH $$ spent to loss them!!! I would have got back myself if I lost some!

I got some of those "locking" pin backs now. I can't remember if I had them on then or not. They are much less likely to come off, but if you don't get them good and tight, they can come loose. Its a small miracle that I even found the ones that fell off! Some are pretty heavy. My Thanksgiving 2007 pin has stitch opening an oven with a turkey inside. The oven magnets got damaged when it flung off so now, I can't get the oven door to stay closed. I try to stick to simpler pins now. Although, I do have some cute ones. I have the tea cup ride, and one of the cups spins. I try to have one for each resort we stay at. It sure was difficult finding Old Key West. It took about 2 or 3 trips before they finally HAD one! I have started buying DD8 a pin souvenir for each "big kid" ride that she tries. I got her splash mountain and Sourin'. I don't trade them because each pin I choose is special for a reason.

I don't trade them because each pin I choose is special for a reason.

Same here! I only got one pin for myself last trip and it was from the MVMCP. It was of Mickey and Minnie dressed for Christmas and you can move Mickey to kiss Minnie... super cute. I actually put it on my pocketbook and had it there until after the new year. Stayed fine :confused3? I got most of my pins during my 30th bday trip in May. Have some heavy moving ones. Thats probably why they dont want to stay on. Others my sister brought me back from her trips. I actually have too many now to wear too. Love your idea of collection resort pins! ugh now I really cant wait to get back with all this pin talk :rotfl2:

How do you get Disney print on your Mickey heads. I picked a bunch up when I was there. I made a count down calender for DD(5 left) out of purple ones, and now I am not sure what to do with the lime green ones. I really would like to use them to tag our stuff and like the disney font but don't know how to do that.

TIA
Noelle

How do you get Disney print on your Mickey heads. I picked a bunch up when I was there. I made a count down calender for DD(5 left) out of purple ones, and now I am not sure what to do with the lime green ones. I really would like to use them to tag our stuff and like the disney font but don't know how to do that.

TIA
Noelle

Ummm I can't print right on the Mickey head paint chips. They're too small to go through the printer. If you can't write on them yourself, what about printing onto a clear address label, and then sticking that onto the Mickey head? That should work. I stuck mine between 2 sheets of Rubbermaid clear Contact paper. Trimmed the edges and punched a hole in it. I put a binder ring through the hole (the kind you buy at Office Depot). I don't have the Disney font myself. Maybe someone else can say where they got it?

I just booked 8/10 - 17, 2010 for 13 people - LAST NIGHT!!! Can I pull it all together??!!!:goodvibes You betcha!!

We also arrive on the 10th of August at POP, but we are staying until the 18th!!
Have a magical and safe vacation!! Only 12 days for us to go!!

TIA
Noelle

I cheated. :rotfl:

I scanned the paint samples with my scanner, then saved as a JPEG image, openned in Word, typed in a text box using "Walt Disney World" font that I downloaded for free, then printed in actual size. Cut out the green part, glue to black cardstock, laminate.

You could also remake the Mickeys using ovals and a circle on Word... by why recreate the wheel?

8 more days!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

i need to be packed for vacation AND college when we leave for disney because the day after we get back i have to move back into college for the last time =(

DD14 and I are going Aug.17-24 to celebrate my 50th Birthday :cake:too !!!!:woohoo:
I love our Mother-Daughter trips !!! princess: ::MinnieMo
Yeah I can't wait it's funny you two moms have 14 year olds I'm 17 but my younger brother is 14 too lol but he doesn't appreciate Disney like I do and didn't want to go :O it'll be more fun without his complaining anyways though!

I cheated. :rotfl:

I scanned the paint samples with my scanner, then saved as a JPEG image, openned in Word, typed in a text box using "Walt Disney World" font that I downloaded for free, then printed in actual size. Cut out the green part, glue to black cardstock, laminate.

You could also remake the Mickeys using ovals and a circle on Word... by why recreate the wheel?

thats a great idea!:thumbsup2

I am going to start packing tomorrow night. I have quite a few things to round up still, like water shoes, mister fans, sunscreen, hats, and our CM bolo lanyards since we are not pin trading during this trip, but still want an easy way to carry the tickets and FP's. I still need to find a new pair of sunglasses since my broke Monday morning. :headache: I still need to buy more new diabetic socks because they are super light and breathable. I still need a haircut which I am going to get on Saturday morning. We need more goodies for the road trip part of this vacation and we still need to buy about 5 flats of water. We are bringing along the flavor packs to make those bottles of water into G2, Crystal Light, Propel, and/or Ocean Spray beverages. I figure that when we eat we will most likely have a little caffiene, so it won't matter if there is no caffiene in any of these products. Plus, a bottle of water runs about $0.12 and the packs cost $0.20. That means each beverage runs us :banana: $0.35 :banana:each after tax and that is a whole lot better than the :scared1: $2.50 :scared1: that Disney wants to charge just for the same size bottle of water. I still need to start putting the snacky stuff that I bought today into handy snack sized bags for the car trip and after park hours munchies. I find that it's much easier to do this in advance rather than stuggling with a bunch of open bags and ultimately stall snacks on the way back home from WDW. I won't even go into having to at the last minute coordinate my clothes with Gabby's so that what few photos we do have taken will actually look decent. I can't wait for the next 9 days to pass so that I can relax and enjoy!

:cool1:
We will be in Disney Aug. 26th to Sept. 2nd, we will be leaving on Aug. 24th because we are driving from the Albany, NY area and stop in Georgia overnight. This will be our third trip here. The first 2 times we stayed at Pop and we loved it. This year my husband surprised me and booked the Carribean Beach because we were going to upgrade the Quick Service at Pop to Regular Dining Plan and the price difference wasn't that much between resorts. So he thought he would try it. It seems like most people like the CBR so hopefully we will too. :yay:

Aug. 26-Sept. 2nd

Just finalized my garden grocer beer & wine delivery. Now that I got that all taken care of, the rest will fall into place :rotfl:

:cool1:
We will be in Disney Aug. 26th to Sept. 2nd, we will be leaving on Aug. 24th because we are driving from the Albany, NY area and stop in Georgia overnight. This will be our third trip here. The first 2 times we stayed at Pop and we loved it. This year my husband surprised me and booked the Carribean Beach because we were going to upgrade the Quick Service at Pop to Regular Dining Plan and the price difference wasn't that much between resorts. So he thought he would try it. It seems like most people like the CBR so hopefully we will too. :yay:

Aug. 26-Sept. 2nd

Hey we'll be driving from Long Island, NY and staying at CBR too!! We're leaving the 22nd staying the night in NC and getting in the 23rd! Maybe we'll see each other? This is our 1st time at CBR. I picked this resort because of the cool themed pool for my boys.

I got out some of the miscellaneous and toiletry items tonight that I have started accumulating. Houston, we may have a problem! I feel like there is no way I am ever going to be able to fit all of our "essentials" into 2 suitcases and 4 carry-ons. Okay, don't panic. There's still 2 weeks until our trip - though I guess OFFICIALLY we are down to 13 days since it is after midnight! :thumbsup2 Wow, so many things to bring along for a nice long trip to WDW! A great problem to have though! At least it's summer, so the clothes will take up less room than a fall or winter trip.

It will all work out......right? Relax. Breathe. :hippie:

I got out some of the miscellaneous and toiletry items tonight that I have started accumulating. Houston, we may have a problem! I feel like there is no way I am ever going to be able to fit all of our "essentials" into 2 suitcases and 4 carry-ons. Okay, don't panic. There's still 2 weeks until our trip - though I guess OFFICIALLY we are down to 13 days since it is after midnight! :thumbsup2 Wow, so many things to bring along for a nice long trip to WDW! A great problem to have though! At least it's summer, so the clothes will take up less room than a fall or winter trip.

It will all work out......right? Relax. Breathe. :hippie:

Just thought I would pass on a space saving trip, unless of course you are going to purchase those space bags...I always roll my clothes instead of folding them, I can fit twice as much, and most of the time they don't come out all wrinkly..:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter