***Official August 2010 Thread!! Come Join Us In The Countdown!*****

I don't know if anyone is interested, but they are taking reservations for the Wishes Dessert Party through December. Previously they were only booking up until Aug 14th.

I don't know if anyone is interested, but they are taking reservations for the Wishes Dessert Party through December. Previously they were only booking up until Aug 14th.

Thx for the heads up :thumbsup2 Sounds great! I didnt know about this party! I had planned on seeing Spectromagic & Wishes our 2nd day at MK but I think I will also do this the 1st nt at MK, as we have early dinner ADR's at CRT and this would be a nice late nt snack. Sounds like a good way to get out of the crowds and still have a good view! ;)

Yo Ho Yo Ho A pirates life for me pirate:

You can also opt to book a pirates & pals fireworks cruise. You will not be able to see parade but you will be able to see the fireworks from your pirate: pirates boat on the 7 seas lagoon. THere is a meet & greet with Captain Hook & Mr. Sneed with a "snacks" banquest at the CR, then everyone goes to the marina, boards their boat with your pirate: pirate host & you cruise the 7 seas lagoon. You will see the electric light pagent prior to the fireworks. ANd when you return to the CR, Peter Pan is there for a meet & greet as well.

It does cost more than the Dessert party but in the past, you'd have to have a grand gathering or fork out the $$$ for a private pontoon to see the fireworks from a boat. My aunt went last month & said it was a lot of fun. We were able to book a cruise for our August trip pirate:

Just putting the info out there for anyone that might like to know pirate:

You can also opt to book a pirates & pals fireworks cruise. You will not be able to see parade but you will be able to see the fireworks from your pirate: pirates boat on the 7 seas lagoon. THere is a meet & greet with Captain Hook & Mr. Sneed with a "snacks" banquest at the CR, then everyone goes to the marina, boards their boat with your pirate: pirate host & you cruise the 7 seas lagoon. You will see the electric light pagent prior to the fireworks. ANd when you return to the CR, Peter Pan is there for a meet & greet as well.

It does cost more than the Dessert party but in the past, you'd have to have a grand gathering or fork out the $$$ for a private pontoon to see the fireworks from a boat. My aunt went last month & said it was a lot of fun. We were able to book a cruise for our August trip pirate:

hmmm so many choices, this sounds cool too... ah and just when I thought I had FINALLY ironed out my itinerary :rotfl2:

Would you mind sharing what they charge per person for the pirates cruise? This does sound like fun!

We are doing this August 20th...............then heading to MK emh til 2am!!!

Does anyone else experience an absolute meltdown at the two week mark??? I've been getting migraines and panic attacks. :sad2: I've been planning since March, so in no way am I the least little bit unprepared, but I can't stop my brain from doing all these weird checklists :crazy: TWO WEEKS from today (right at this time) I'll be at Epcot and it will all be worth the months of planning... As for right now...... Do I NEED a Kinderkord? Pressed penny book? Where the heck do I find a plastic shoe organizer since dollar tree and walmart don't have a clue what I'm talking about? Can I leave a cooler with bell services? How many power strips do I need? Do i need to bring my own hair dryer? (some hotel hair dryers are like my 1 year old blowing on my head...) Will I sleep a wink in the next 13 days?? :rotfl:

...... Do I NEED a Kinderkord? :

Well now I will have to panic as I don't even know what a Kinderkord is. :lmao: I kind of feel like i have things under control for this trip but on the other hand I feel like I am forgetting a bunch and will be running around like a crazy person trying to find everything the day before I leave. Oh yes I also always take my own blow dryer. I have very thick hair and even though it is short I won't risk using a "travel" dryer.

Noelle

Does anyone else experience an absolute meltdown at the two week mark??? I've been getting migraines and panic attacks. :sad2: I've been planning since March, so in no way am I the least little bit unprepared, but I can't stop my brain from doing all these weird checklists :crazy: TWO WEEKS from today (right at this time) I'll be at Epcot and it will all be worth the months of planning... As for right now...... Do I NEED a Kinderkord? Pressed penny book? Where the heck do I find a plastic shoe organizer since dollar tree and walmart don't have a clue what I'm talking about? Can I leave a cooler with bell services? How many power strips do I need? Do i need to bring my own hair dryer? (some hotel hair dryers are like my 1 year old blowing on my head...) Will I sleep a wink in the next 13 days?? :rotfl:

Hey, I just read most of your plans :). Nice to know someone is just as obesessed about planning as I am. DH thinks I'm crazy! For our 1st family trip in Nov I pretty much planned out every sec of the day. It was my DS 5th b-day and both DSs 1st trip. We were able to see Disney decorated for Christmas (a bonus I found out after booking). This trip I'm planning a much more laid back trip (no hitting the pavement touring this time) :rotfl:

As for the Kinderkord I thought about the same thing for my youngest DS who was 2 1/2 when we went. I thought about the backpack with the "leash" too. I decided not to get it. I didnt want him to get caught around something/one. DH and I took one kid each to watch. Everything worked out. We took our double stroller from home (wanted our own for use at the resort) and the boys were good about sitting in it while we walked around the park from ride to ride.

If your going to get the pennys then you should get something to store them in ;) (my sis stopped at everyone we past and kept them in a cute change holder that had Tink on it, she got it in Fantasyland at Tinks store)

Maybe able to find the shoe organizer at Target or Bed Bath & Beyond, if you have those stores near you?

We left a carry on and 1 loose jacket with Bell Service :rotfl:. I'm pretty sure you could leave a cooler.

When I went in May we stayed at WL. I brought my own hair dryer, but didnt need it. WL had a nice one that wasn't like a 1yr blowing on my head :rotfl2: (POFQ was good too) and they had a good amount of outlets.

Forget about sleeping til you arrive at WL :rotfl2: Oh yeah & Have fun!

if anyone is staying at POP, we have a last minute opening in our FREE fridge and coffeepot swap for July 28th-Aug 8th. the link to our thread is in my signature.

Good Lord, what a kinderkord? I guess you don't need one. I don't do the penny thing. Heidi has a few, but they're not in a special book. Relax, you won't be without anything you need. Anything can be bought there. You'll have your car you know. Why do you need a plastic shoe organizer? The kind that hangs on the back of a door? Target might have it.

I always just use the wall hair dryer. My hair is very curly so, I usually don't even use the hair dryer. And yes, you can leave lots of things with Bell Services.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter