Official August 2009 thread!

We have a fridge swap starting up at the POP and still have available slots the first two weeks in August. Check us out on the budget board. Currently only a $15 buy for the length of your stay!

Hello All!!

My DH, DD and I will be at the Fort Wilderness Cabins (for the first time) from the 8th of August thru the 15th of August.

We are SUPERDOOPER excited!

A am also :banana::cool1::dance3::cheer2::yay: because I paid $89 each way for our flights yesterday! That is a total of $150 less than I budgeted!!!

YIPEE Skippy!!!

We're going also.. wahoo

Looks like Aug 23 - Sept 3rd.
I have never been in late Aug. Am I gonna die? I am only doing this so I can go with my GF from Ontario. Is it going to be packed?

Looking for a photopass group also. I ran one last year for Sept but would like to just get on one this time and not have to run it.

Anyone want to do a photopass swap or have one open? We're there the 14-23rd... I don't know exactly how to do it so I'd prefer to join someone's group...

Check out this link to the Budget board... You might have some luck here...

http://disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22

Cant wait!!! we will be there 8/8 -8/15 staying at the CBR. About the 16th visit for me, but first time with children, DD almost 5, and DS almost 3.....

So sad, no FREE dining for us, we had to book the 8-15, my daughter starts school on the 17th!!!

you got the buy 4 nights/park and 3 free right? we are staying the same dates you are and did add on the dining plan. It came out to almost the same savings...(i actually checked, we would have saved maybe $100) so dont be too sad :)

Hi. This will be a first visit for my DD any myself. My hubby hasnt been there since he was 16 so its been awhile for him.
We are going 8/16 - 8/23 staying at Movies. With free dining cant wait to make the ADR's to do all the characters.

Count us in!

Myself and dbf are going on aug 22-30 9days/8nights at POP!

My first time with fd and onsite and his first time ever! What an exciting trip!

I might have to rebook my already scheduled June 09 stay at CSR to Aug 10-20 because of surgery I recently had. Does anybbody have any experience regarding weather at that time in central Florida?

I was there at that time exactly last year to drop son off for Disney college and TS Fay hit and it was 4 straight days of miserable biting rain, not just for an hour, but all freakin day.

I don't care about the heat, but doesn't anyone worry about Hurricane activity since August is one of the most prevelant months or has your August experiences been pretty good as far as weather? :confused:
Please advise.

Im going August 14-21 staying at POP with my mom and sister! Anyone else going to be there are at same time and want to meet up let me know!!

I might have to rebook my already scheduled June 09 stay at CSR to Aug 10-20 because of surgery I recently had. Does anybbody have any experience regarding weather at that time in central Florida?

I was there at that time exactly last year to drop son off for Disney college and TS Fay hit and it was 4 straight days of miserable biting rain, not just for an hour, but all freakin day.

I don't care about the heat, but doesn't anyone worry about Hurricane activity since August is one of the most prevelant months or has your August experiences been pretty good as far as weather? :confused:
Please advise.

We were there last year from the 13th to the 18th.

As TS Faye approached, we did have a lot of rain. But that's not always a bad thing. That last day, as she was due to hit Orlando, the MK opened an hour early, anticipating an early closure. We had the park to ourselves all day long!!! We didn't wait more than 10 minutes for anything!!! It was wonderful!!!

Stock up on dollar store ponchos and get trip insurance. But beyond that, I'm not at all concerned.

Have a great trip!

Please advise.

Someone posted a link to this thread a couple of weeks ago:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1711423

Hi!! We'll be staying at BWV from August 22 - 29. We're celebrating DH's
40th b-day at the beginning of August and DS #3's b-day right before we arrive! :cool1:

We are going again this year for Free Dining August 15-22. Because FD doesn't start until the 16th, we are going to arrive on the 15th and just pay for that night and then start our free dining ressie on the 16th. Does that sound right to all you seasoned Disser?

We just went this January 8-18 It was a surprise Christmas trip for the kids DD9 and DS 3. DS's birthday was the 20th so we celebrated his birthday the last night of the trip at Chef Mickey's. As luck would have it DD birthday is August 14th so we will celebrate her Birthday the first day we have in the parks. I just think it is so wonderful that both kids will get to celebrate their birthday this year in DisneyWorld! Actually that was my selling point to DH. I told him if he remembered how much DD's last few birthday parties ended up costing in total...I then said perhaps it would be better to apply that same amount of money to another Disney vacation. To be fair I let DD decide...Party with friends or celebrate at Disney with Family? It took all of a nanosecond for her to jump on board with my thinking!

We are actually going the same dates as another couple who just happend to be DH and MY best friends. And their kiddos are DS 10 DS 10 and DD 7 and they get along amazing with my kids! We did a mini trip to Sea World Texas with them this spring break and we all had so much fun! I can't wait to be with them at Disney World!

Okay I'm super excited to be joining this wonderful group and I can't wait for those August mid day showers!
Here is my tip for you all...... We pack a pair of cheap thin flip flops in our backpack for each member of the family. When it rains we slip them on and walk through all the puddles without worry. Then later we put back on our dry socks and shoes and enjoy the rest of the day! Happy feet = Happy people!

Im going August 14-21 staying at POP with my mom and sister! Anyone else going to be there are at same time and want to meet up let me know!!

I'll be there up till the around that time. Maybe we'll see eachother in the foodcourt! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter