Official As the World Turns thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I hear somewhere that Molly is going off the show or is it just the Actress that plays Molly and they are re-casting the part again?????

All that I know is that Soap Opera Weekly and Digest have both said the Molly we have now, Christina Chambers, is a temporary recast. She was just supposed to have been brought in to wrap up Molly's current storyline. That's all I know. :confused3

Last Sunday, I attended a meet and greet at a local mall, where I got to see Michael Park and Maura West (Jack and Carly)! There were also three stars from GL. I thought I post a few pics:

Soap_Stars1.jpg

Park, West, and Ricky Paull Goldin (Gus, GL)

Soap_Stars2.jpg

Park, West, and Beth Ehlers (Harley, GL)

Soap_Stars4.jpg

West

Soap_Stars5.jpg

Park

And, my fav..
meMichael.jpg

Me and Park -- Whew, he is handsome IRL! :p

OMG, hilside... Who would have thought Jack would be cuter in life rather than the show but you are right he is so handsome!!!!
I loved the pics, thanks... I might have to check out the pics a couple times today:smooth: ::yes::

Were they nice too???

Looks like you had a great time! Thanks for sharing the pics with us. I sure do hope they keep Jack on the show.

R3,
Yeah, I assumed they'd be better looking on the show, since they go through hair and makeup and everything, but boy, was I wrong! I understand what you mean about looking at them over and over.. I made my pic with Ricky Paull Goldin (Gus, GL) my desktop wallpaper (much to DH's dismay :teeth: ), so I can minimize everything occasionally and drool. :p And, yes, they were all very nice. Michael Park danced with some old lady, and was moonwalking at one point! :hyper: Some lady in line yelled out, "I love you, Jack!" and he yelled back, "Oh, I love you, too!" He was a nut. Maura West asked me if I really watched her show, or if I was one of the "imposters" that were there only because they watched GL, and wouldn't give me a signed headshot until I assured her I really did watch ATWT! And, Ricky Paull Goldin was being led away at the end by security, but he stopped when he saw me and another woman in a wheelchair, and wouldn't leave until we got signed headshots and pictures with him. Plus, he ran his hand through my hair.. :faint:

Chell,
Michael Park is not leaving. Jack will be presumed dead, but most definitely will not be actually dead, because they have recast Julia to stir up more trouble for him and Carly. :Pinkbounc

Whew! Thanks Hil! I do hate that Julia is coming back though. Ugh!

So glad I found this post today. I was really starting to worry that Jack was not coming back. I really like Jack! Thanks for all the info!
Please I pray to the tv soap opera gods, don't let them bring Julia back, YUCK!!

I agree with most of the previous posters about the new molly and new nikki, they don't seem to be good picks for these roles.

I really like Henry and his goofiness. Sad that Simon is gone(so gorgeous).
I really hate the Jessica/Margo/ Doc situation. Poor Ben!

I missed part of today's show. Did they show Lucy/ Dusty at all?
That one has me interested.

I also agree that Allison and Aaron should be together.

BTW, hilside, Great Pics, oh to be that close to those hotties !

Hey, all you fellow ATWT watchers! I started watching in the early 80's- I remember Lily and Holden, and Iva freaking out about them being related. Turned out she was adopted, though, so no icky incest situation.

I think the biggest secret ever on the show was when Duncan's first wife came back from the dead- what a shocker!! She was supposedly killed by a crazy woman and Duncan was sent her shrunken head- it must have been several years later, and no mention of her. Duncan was remarried to Jessica. He got a phone call to come pick up his wife at the airport, and when he showed up, there was his first wife!!! It seems like the show's powers-that-be kept it an absolute secret- no advance warning or publicity. Her name was Shannon! (Just remembered!) Boy, that was a great soap moment!!

Just started watching again after a long period of not seeing it. I have to say- Jess and Margo are acting really out of character. And Dusty is too old for Jennifer- especially since she has been rapidly aged for storyline purposes! I like the new Craig, and Rosanna, but not so much new Molly, Nikki, or Dusty.

mckeonfive,
Sorry to say, but they are bringing back Julia. She is, however, being recast--she will not be played by Annie Parrisse this time around. I'm just glad they're not killing off Jack.. I especially love him after meeting Michael Park! :teeth:

I couldn't agree more about Sigggghhhhhmon :hyper: . I will definitely be checking out LAX this fall to get my dose of Paul Leyden.

Thanks for the comment on the pics. Those guys are definitely hotties--even more so in person!

MomofKatie,
I think the biggest secret ever on the show was when Duncan's first wife came back from the dead- what a shocker!! She was supposedly killed by a crazy woman and Duncan was sent her shrunken head- it must have been several years later, and no mention of her. Duncan was remarried to Jessica. He got a phone call to come pick up his wife at the airport, and when he showed up, there was his first wife!!! It seems like the show's powers-that-be kept it an absolute secret- no advance warning or publicity. Her name was Shannon! (Just remembered!) Boy, that was a great soap moment!!

I remember that! I was in the hospital at the time (I don't even remember why now), and the nurse came running because she heard me yelp when they first showed Shannon's face! She was an ATWT fan, too, and she ended up watching the rest of the show with me.

I also hate the Jessica/Doc/Margo debacle. And, just to clarify, Dusty isn't with Jennifer, he's with Lucy. Jordan is with Jen. I really thought Dusty and Lucy would be creepy when they first said they were hooking them up, but honestly, they're rather sweet. I missed the very end of the show Wed., but I don't think they showed them.

I remember when Ducan and Shannon first came to town (separately), and when Lisa was married to Shannon's uncle. I believe he was murdered on their wedding night, in her penthouse over the Mona Lisa.
Oh how I cried when Shannon was killed off, but I hated they brought her back to break up Jessica and Duncan. When Jess and Ducan were frist made a couple we were promised that they would be long term, because ATWT wanted an interacial couple as their main focus.

That's right! Dusty is with Lucy! See, I haven't watched in so long, I can't keep up with who's who. I still think the pairing is kinda creepy. Dusty is in his late 30's, for goodness sake! And Lucy is, what, 20 at best? I hate the fact that older men and much younger women seem to be the norm in movies and TV. Put people close in age together, why dontcha?!

I have a question- what is up with Lily and Holden? I saw how she went a little crazy after Rose died, but haven't seen her since. Is she back together w/Holden? They have been through so much- I like them, but Lily seems so fragile emotionally. Every time something goes wrong in her life, she seems to either run away or go temporarily insane (or both)! I will admit that she's had some MAJOR bad stuff happen to her, but she goes to pieces every time!

Ooooh, I haven't thought about Shannon & Duncan in a while. I thought theirs was one of the great love stories, like the Betsy/Steve romance. I was not happy at all when they 'killed' her off. Remember their wedding in the castle and the kilts? I just loved them together.

Is it just me or does it seem rather hypocritical for Tom to be sooooo pissed at Margo? She almost had an affair but for God's sake, he had a full out affair with Emily and she had his child. It just seems to me Margo would've thrown that one up at him.

I think Dusty and Lucy is a great storyline with the age difference and the different backgrounds it puts a spin on it... I thought it would be weird but they have chemistry... the ever famous good girl/ bad boy thing.

Didn't Margo have an affair with Hal before too? Was she married to Tom at the time...???

I'll have to watch and see if Dusty and Lucy grow on me- everyone seems to say that they are a good couple.

Margo had an affair with Hal- isn't one of her boys actually his? And Tom had an affair with Emily. I don't understand how Tom can be so mad and hateful to Margo about this Doc situation. They have both done worse before.

Is it just me, or does Alison look kinda wierd? She always gives me a strange "albino" vibe, with her extremely light blonde hair and pale, pale skin? I just don't see the appeal of her.:teeth:

I agree with the posts concerning rapid aging of children. The older characters still get pregnant, but their children, who should be just entering their double digits, are getting pregnant and marrying, too! It reminds me of Days of Our Lives, with Alice Horton being a great-great grandma at age 75 or so. She has a grandchild in her 60s, for goodness sake! ATWT seems to do better than most soaps, though. Although it seems strange that some of the kids are rapid-aged and others aren't. Very wierd to see someone born later end up older than another kid on the show!:hyper:

Already then... let me get this straight...

Margo=Tom
Tom=Emily
Emily=Hal
Hal=Margo

And both affairs produced kids!

That is one messed up Family Tree!!!!:earseek: ::yes:: :teeth:

Didn't Margo have an affair with Hal before too? Was she married to Tom at the time...???
Best I remember they (Tom and Margo) had just split up when she and Hal were together "on the rebound". I think he had just had one of his many breakups with Barbara. I think they made up, then she realized she was PG with Hals baby and left. Tom found her in labor I believe with Lila (her mom) and Cassy (Lila's late husband,Katie's Father). The night he was getting Emily pregnant, Margo was in the hospital having a miscarriage. Of course he insisted she (Margo) wasn't PG by him but that she had slept with that teenager that was living with them at the time.

Tom has a history of jumping to conclusions, running off and sleeping with someone and then holding Margo to a higher standard than he holds himself. I remember when they first got together, He was living with Margo's aunt. They were still hiding the relationship when Margo became pregnant. She had a miscarriage but Tom insisted that he "knew" she actually had an abortion. He refused to believe that the term spontaneous abortion, meant a miss carriage and not a surgical abortion. I believe he went back home to her aunt and proposed to her. They did not get married, but best I remember they were about to when the aunt found out about the affiar.

Hey, all, where ya been? :wave2:

Whatd y'all think of Parker's near "drowning"? I loved how he held his nose before "falling" in the pond, then, he was face down for minutes, was supposedly not breathing, but started moving the second Carly touched him? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter