***Official April 2013 thread*** SEE POST # 4028

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just 10 days now until our 5 day trip without the kids :) Who knew 10 days could feel like such a long time??

Oh my the last few days seem to have stalled. We only have 3....and it feels like we will never get there. Wow, Disney with no kids....someday. For now, we take the kids, then when we get back we are going away for the weekend the next week to recover:rotfl2:

Ugh, diapers. It just occurred to me this morning that I'm going to need to pack quite a few. For some reason, that wasn't included in my mental picture of what our suitcases would be like. I was trying to calculate how many, and realized I don't have a good idea of how many DS goes through in a day... which is strange because I'm always the one who changes him, loL! I just don't really think about it. Guess I need to pay attention for the next few days. They will probably fill up most of a small suitcase, but I suppose that will give us plenty of room for souvenirs coming home.

Yeah...I'm kind of in the same position. I SHOULD know how many he goes through, but I don't. I'm thinking 1 at night and 3-4 during the day, but I also have to take into consideration any pool time we may have, because we'll probably put a fresh diaper on him after either way.
Then there may be times when we change him because it's convenient (ie when everyone else is headed to the restroom) even though his diaper isn't as "full" as we would normally let him get to.

Usually I pack a whole sleeve (half a box) of diapers when we travel, and we go through a little over half in a week, so I'm thinking 40 diapers should cover 8 days. I'm planning on looking at the packages on my "final" shopping trip tonight, which should help me make my decision. I have it in my head that the smallest package is like 36 diapers, so if I pack 10 for the trip down, we'd have 46 total after our shopping trip, which would be almost 6 per day. So 1 for the night (he almost never needs changed in the middle of the night) and 1 every 2-3 hours during the day.

Yeah...I'm kind of in the same position. I SHOULD know how many he goes through, but I don't. I'm thinking 1 at night and 3-4 during the day, but I also have to take into consideration any pool time we may have, because we'll probably put a fresh diaper on him after either way.
Then there may be times when we change him because it's convenient (ie when everyone else is headed to the restroom) even though his diaper isn't as "full" as we would normally let him get to.

Usually I pack a whole sleeve (half a box) of diapers when we travel, and we go through a little over half in a week, so I'm thinking 40 diapers should cover 8 days. I'm planning on looking at the packages on my "final" shopping trip tonight, which should help me make my decision. I have it in my head that the smallest package is like 36 diapers, so if I pack 10 for the trip down, we'd have 46 total after our shopping trip, which would be almost 6 per day. So 1 for the night (he almost never needs changed in the middle of the night) and 1 every 2-3 hours during the day.

This is funny Bc I am a stay at home mom and also the only one who changes my son and I don't know a number off the top of my head for diapers.
He is a size 4 and I planned on just bringing one whole sleeve which is half a box. Should be more then enough.

First day, went to Magic Kingdom once we checked in. Little bit crowded near thunder and splash mtns, but overall, we didnt wait more than 15 min. Got fast passes for the three mountains. We are wiped!! Character dinner at Crystal Palace...highly recommended! Left before the parade started at 9 and on the shuttle to AoA to make sure our luggage got to the room :-)

First day, went to Magic Kingdom once we checked in. Little bit crowded near thunder and splash mtns, but overall, we didnt wait more than 15 min. Got fast passes for the three mountains. We are wiped!! Character dinner at Crystal Palace...highly recommended! Left before the parade started at 9 and on the shuttle to AoA to make sure our luggage got to the room :-)

So good to know! We're doing Crystal Palace our first full day, too. :)

Where are you staying in AoA? How do you like it?

Just finished packing! Two sleeps and we are headed to "mickeyville!":banana:

Gross here...35 and freezing drizzle...85 will be awesome on Friday.

Two more work days, then we're heading down to party with Mickey!!! :cool1:

Question about Magical Express and the luggage. Will they automatically deliver our luggage to our room or do we need to be there to receive it?

This is funny Bc I am a stay at home mom and also the only one who changes my son and I don't know a number off the top of my head for diapers.
He is a size 4 and I planned on just bringing one whole sleeve which is half a box. Should be more then enough.

My issue is that I want to do a grocery run, while we have the rental car, so I don't want to pack too many. There are other things I'm planning on getting, but at some point it stops making sense to make the trip, if we can bring almost everything with us. (the main issue is milk and juice - maybe instead of a stop at a grocery store, I should just plan a trip to the Hess station).
I found out that the smallest package of diapers in size 4 has 31 in it, which is almost too few.
Oh well...it will work out...I'd probably be stressed towards the end if I got down to the last 5 diapers, even if that's probably all he needs.

Finished with the school concert, now I'm off to the NH All-State Festival tomorrow. Once I get through that, I can finally finish up packing. Mom and I have pedicures booked the day before we leave.

Single digit dance tomorrow! :)

Question about Magical Express and the luggage. Will they automatically deliver our luggage to our room or do we need to be there to receive it?

Yes! Your luggage will be put in your room whether or not you are there to receive it. We will arrive a round 12:15 at our resort on Friday. We will leave for HS shortly after getting to our resort. Our bags will be happily waiting for us in our room that evening when we return after a day at the parks and a TS meal. It's one of the best reasons to stay on site! :thumbsup2 it usually takes about three hours for your bags to make it to your room.

Jays2013 said:
So good to know! We're doing Crystal Palace our first full day, too. :)

Where are you staying in AoA? How do you like it?

Absolutely love it! In bldg 4 Nemo, overlooking the big blue pool, 3rd floor. Awesome, clean...exactly what I wanted.

You do NOT have to be there. In fact, it is OK if it arrives before your room is ready.

You just need to be able to survive without your luggage for a while.

I finally finished my shirts! I don't know how some of you do more than 10 of those! I fought with my printer for hours but they are done!!

Question, we are coaching t ball so I want to bring something back for the 7 kids on the team, any ideas of what I should look for? They are 3-6 in age. I saw a photo of these cool characters on a stick Packaged but have no clue what they were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter