***Official April 2013 thread*** SEE POST # 4028

Status
Not open for further replies.
8 days for us. I have been absent from the DIS for months because we have had so many changes in our life. Hubby got a new job which has him traveling 300 miles a day to and from work which of course means he is not around as much. I had a little health scare but thank god everything turned out ok.. I have ad my suitcases out for over a month but for some reason won't pack them.. Lol I need to get on that. I am most excited bout this trips my niece an nephew re coming. They are now 9 and 11 and I just don't know where the time has gone and I know from here on out it will be ore difficult to do trips Ike this so I am going to enjoy every minute of it!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

8 days for us. I have been absent from the DIS for months because we have had so many changes in our life. Hubby got a new job which has him traveling 300 miles a day to and from work which of course means he is not around as much. I had a little health scare but thank god everything turned out ok.. I have ad my suitcases out for over a month but for some reason won't pack them.. Lol I need to get on that. I am most excited bout this trips my niece an nephew re coming. They are now 9 and 11 and I just don't know where the time has gone and I know from here on out it will be ore difficult to do trips Ike this so I am going to enjoy every minute of it!

That is really exciting! My DH got a new job too and is commuting like 1200 miles to FL. He is home only on weekends now so it has been a huge adjustment to our family. It will get better though after April vacation he will be home Thurs- Sun.
The bonus to all the chaos is we bought a condo so now we got APs and are going down every chance we get!!! :)

How exciting for you guys.. That is something that we would love to do at some point. congrats! My hubby just gets home after dinner time I can't imagine him being gone most of the week..

10 days and I haven't even started packing. Think it may be time to dig out the suitcases:confused3

I have DS and Dds suitcase all packed as well as their carryons {first couple days outfits, bathing suites, pjs, as well as their sleeping stuff....I have a problem keeping our suitcases under 50 lbs, so we each will have a carryon filled with stuff that won't fit in the suitcases, lol).
My stuff is all piled on my bureau, just need to scale it down a bit for the suitcase (Overpackers Anonymous anyone?). :p

9 days!1

Sent from my SCH-I405 using DISBoards

What a bummer! It just HAD to happen weeks before Disney didn't it?
As much as moving sucks (and I've done it 4 times in the past 4 years) I'd probably take the move. My DH has been around quite a lot lately, and nothing throws off my groove more than him constantly looking over my shoulder. He's finally working mostly 9-5 now, and the long weekend we had was soo nice, because it wasn't just like every other day. I doubt I could handle him working from home.
Obviously, do whatever is best for your family though!

I know, this was really bad timing! I was hoping at least that by today, we would have a clear answer, and be done with it. But things are still sort of up-in-the-air :mad: He did find out that the relocation benefits and salary adjustment (for cost of living difference) is basically a standing offer, so he could try working remotely for a while and see how it goes. Then maybe in a few months consider moving if he doesn't like it. This is probably the route we will take, but he's waiting on HR to get him the details of the relocation package. There was also a last-ditch effort yesterday by the bosses to try to work out another office for them, even if it's only a couple days a week. But no one is very optimistic that it will happen. They have to be out of their current office by May 15.

Sooo, I'm going to have to get to work dismantling the kids playroom so that he can have an office here at home. Not really looking forward to having to keep the kids out of his hair all day, especially with no playroom to exile them to! And after I do all that, he'll probably decide to move afterall :rotfl2: But, I'm feeling less stress about the whole thing than I was yesterday at least.

Anyway, tomorrow is our 2-week mark, which means time will officially slow to a CRAWL!!!

We decided this morning that we are going to drive up to Denver the night before, so that we don't have to get the kids up at 3am. So I booked our hotel with the Park & Fly deal. Cost a bit more than I was hoping, but as DH said, as much as we're spending on the vacation, this is a drop in the bucket, lol! We'll still have to be up by about 5am, but that's 7am Disney Time, so it might work out okay. Although we won't be getting to bed early- DD will still insist on going to one last swim practice I'm sure, so we'll be lucky to be there and in bed by 10pm. But maybe the kids will be more worn out after all that and go to sleep faster! At least it "feels" like the vacation starts one day sooner this way :cool1:

We have 4 days!! Most of our clothes are packed just need to add the socks and undergarments. Have food shopping left to do and one last trip to the Disney store!

24 DAYS TO GO!!! Already fearing how fast its going to go so trying to add on some last minute days, LOL! :rotfl:

24 DAYS TO GO!!! Already fearing how fast its going to go so trying to add on some last minute days, LOL! :rotfl:

We started with 9 days/8 nights, then it was 10/9, then 11/10 Sunday called and added another- now we are 12 days 11 nights:cool1: I got to celebrate all over at the arrival of new Mickey Mail today :banana: Cant believe they sent a complete new packet for just one added day.

Well, today is THE DAY. The "big bosses" are flying in from California to deliver the bad news in person, that they are indeed closing DH's office. :scared1: (He of course, is not supposed to know this yet, but his immediate boss has been secretly keeping him in the loop)

So it's been a very stressful 24 hours, and at this point I just want to know what we're dealing with. The uncertainty is driving me crazy! We are assuming that he will have the option to either be a remote employee working from home (I see this as being a disaster honestly, both for him AND us!) or move to San Francisco. We've gone back and forth, thinking we should just move and get it over with, since it would probably be better for his career in the long run anyway, and then thinking we have way too much going for us here in Colorado and need to try as hard as we can to stay. :confused3 And then the super-pessimistic side of me starts worrying that they'll do something crazy and just lay everyone off instead. I know the chances of that are next to nothing, but still...it would be disastrous if it did happen.

Sigh. I just want to focus on Disney and the fact that our trip is barely 2 weeks away, but now I have this huge cloud of stress putting a damper on everything! :mad: Maybe I'll go blast some Disney music and try to forget all these tedious, real-world dilemmas!

This is terrible. I hope that the company takes care of its employees. Sorry your family has to deal with this.

Staying at AoA Nemo suites next week. Originally, I was going to bring the four beach towels that we got on our last trip to WDW in 2010 for the pool, since the value resorts do not provide pool towels. Now I am realizing just how much space that is taking up in the luggage.

Opinions...should I request additional towels from Mousekeeping each day, or is it better to just make the room for my towels? There are 4 of us, so we may be requesting them at least a few times during the week.

I wouldnt bring them. But i can barely keep our suitcases under 50 as it is.

I dont know why aoa is so adamant about not having towels out by the pool. I'm pretty sure the other values do. I know asmu did just 2 years ago

Staying at AoA Nemo suites next week. Originally, I was going to bring the four beach towels that we got on our last trip to WDW in 2010 for the pool, since the value resorts do not provide pool towels. Now I am realizing just how much space that is taking up in the luggage.

Opinions...should I request additional towels from Mousekeeping each day, or is it better to just make the room for my towels? There are 4 of us, so we may be requesting them at least a few times during the week.

I realized the first trip how 4 beach towels take almost an entire small suitcase, not worth it. We drive, so no weight limits, but still have 5 people and 5 peoples luggage in my minivan, so still have to watch.

I realized the first trip how 4 beach towels take almost an entire small suitcase

Could you bring regular bath towels from home instead? It would probably be more absorbent than the hotel bath towels, and take up a bit less space than the beach towels.

I just found this thread. We are going April 20-27 and staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge (for the first time). It's me, my hubby and our 34 month old grandson. Can't wait!!

20 days out!!! Super excited not as prepared as id like to be & just realized ill be having a huge Scentsy/Velata order delivered while I'm away! STRESS!

ok eight days out, and I'm not packed. I work 9 hour day and when I come home I just want to sleep. I hope i get it done soon.

Sent from my Xoom using DISBoards

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter