***Official April 2013 thread*** SEE POST # 4028

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jen12573 said:
I just ordered a celebratory cake for mom's retirement to be delivered to Narcoossees on 3/31. Her favorite ride is "it's a small world" so it will have the sign from the WDW ride on top with "Happy Retirement!" And a picture of the blue hippo on the front (inside family joke!) It's a surprise for everyone. I can't wait!!

That is so exciting!! My DH surprised me for my 40th with a Minnie cake at Narcoossees one of our favorite restaurants!!

Have fun!

Only 20 days left!! I'm so excited!!! We have all of our Dining Reservations, we have our itinerary, PP+ ordered and has already arrived. I've started going through the house and putting "Going to Disney" items in a bag in my closet. I still need to go to the pharmacy and pick up some stuff to go in my back pack, and I still need to go shopping to find a few things to wear ( i've recently started crossfit and all of my stuff is too baggy now) :cool1:

Anything i'm forgetting to do Pre-vaca? Oh, and i've already checked in online. I feel like i'm forgetting something.

I can't remember do u get that if you book through a travel agent?:confused3

You should get all the same stuff if you book through a travel agent. The only issue is that Disney sends all your stuff to them first, then they forward it to you, so it will take more time.
Some travel agents actually throw in a few of their own little extras, and others run promotions for certain things if you book with them.

I'm only expecting my ME luggage tags and maybe a printed confirmation, because we booked a room only.

My Dad-in-law booked this trip through a TA. We won't see the family until the day of the flight.

My question is ... Will the TA send everything to him as he paid for it all OR will he send stuff on to us as he has all our information?

I just saw the link about all the food they'll have at F& G Fest. Wow I didn't realize it was going to be like F&W. I'm really excited b/c I've never been able to go to F&W. what a treat!!!!

On a total whim this morning, I changed our reservation from CBR to POR. So we are now at POR from the 6th -9th and have a room credit of $1.72 LOL

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I'm so excited!!! Goung in April 10th...in a month, we'll have arrived. Yippy!

Hi pwdebbie! I have a question for you. I saw on the first post you made for this thread that Blizzard Beach is supposed to be closed for rehab through May. I was sort of upset when I read that last week b/c it will be our first time going without the kids, and we were going to try the water parks out to see if we wanted to go with the kids. Is that still accurate though? I have not been able to find it listed for that length of time on any of the sites I was checking out today. I looked at 5 different sites to see if I could find that date, and they all said it was opening March 16th I think. Is there a current link with that date on it? Thanks! I really hope it opens in March!!!!

I just saw the link about all the food they'll have at F& G Fest. Wow I didn't realize it was going to be like F&W. I'm really excited b/c I've never been able to go to F&W. what a treat!!!!

I know, I am quite excited over the food too. Especially spiced rum dole whip:cool1: Already mapped out the way to the booth:rotfl:

Cant believe how open some ADR's are still for our dates. Just decided to add Ohana breakfast for the 19th today, and thought I'd never get it....they gave me 3 times to pick from. Started looking around and was surprised to see a lot of things still available to book.

Hi pwdebbie! I have a question for you. I saw on the first post you made for this thread that Blizzard Beach is supposed to be closed for rehab through May. I was sort of upset when I read that last week b/c it will be our first time going without the kids, and we were going to try the water parks out to see if we wanted to go with the kids. Is that still accurate though? I have not been able to find it listed for that length of time on any of the sites I was checking out today. I looked at 5 different sites to see if I could find that date, and they all said it was opening March 16th I think. Is there a current link with that date on it? Thanks! I really hope it opens in March!!!!

Good catch! Thanks for the info. I went and checked the sites I most rely on for information and see that apparently at some point in time the dates were changed and I didn't catch it. Yes indeed, BB will be open in April for all you nice people that aren't tired of seeing snow. :laughing: I removed it from the first page.

I was thinking the same, but was afraid to say it:rotfl:

I will knock wood furiously for even mentioning it. Also knocking wood that the plague I seem to have now means I have paid all our dues for being sick come trip time. I have some flu type thing - sitting here with a 102 temp, shivering and icing my head. Thanks for the dis boards for keeping me occupied and my family for waiting on me...

Hi everyone! So this is our first family trip to WDW and DH and I so excited! :cool1:

My girls do not know yet, we are suprising them on the way down (we are driving from Ohio).

Question does anyone know what the temp is usually first week of April? I looked on the weather channel and it looks like about 80 or so. Does it get cold enough for a sweatshirt at night? Just trying to plan our clothes for packing.

Thanks! :)

I am so excited about the booths at the Flower and Garden Festival too! :thumbsup2 I'm looking foward to the shrimp and grits!

Our Mickey Mail came this weekend. :cheer2::cheer2:

Hi everyone! So this is our first family trip to WDW and DH and I so excited! :cool1:

My girls do not know yet, we are suprising them on the way down (we are driving from Ohio).

Question does anyone know what the temp is usually first week of April? I looked on the weather channel and it looks like about 80 or so. Does it get cold enough for a sweatshirt at night? Just trying to plan our clothes for packing.

Should be around the low 80's. I take long sleeves for night. I remember it being too chilly for me to want to swim and night, but the kids could careless.

Dweaver8 said:

We usually go second or third week in April. It's usually low to mid 80s perfect weather!!!:)

I usually need a sweatshirt at night but the rest of my family doesn't. Just depends on how you feel.

I will knock wood furiously for even mentioning it. Also knocking wood that the plague I seem to have now means I have paid all our dues for being sick come trip time. I have some flu type thing - sitting here with a 102 temp, shivering and icing my head. Thanks for the dis boards for keeping me occupied and my family for waiting on me...

The past 2 months ODS had it, then me (developed pneumonia, still fighting it), then YDD......and NOW this morning, DH is coming down with something. :faint: I guess it's good he's getting it now and not in 33 days!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter