***Official April 2013 thread*** SEE POST # 4028

Status
Not open for further replies.
kingdom22 said:
we always drive from Maine. We go 95 but bypass NY by taking the tappen zee bridge, through Newark NJ, Baltimore and the Beltway in Washington, and then pick up 95 again in VA and take it all the way in.

We always used to do that. But, several times, we've been stuck in traffic near the Tappen Zee for hours on end. So, we now take the Mass Pike and avoid NJ. It's more miles but often faster and always less frustrating.

I'm not sure if I understand what you're question is.

sorry for the confusion, what I left out is my friend is being brought to the POR in a car driven by her friend that isn't staying at POR or going into WDW. So does the driver of the car have to have a ticket to the parks to be able to drive my friend to POR?

1 month, 1 week, 1 day........ ugh, this is slow torture!

I had a moment of insanity where I tried to talk to DH about our plans yesterday - dining, hotel, etc. It's like he suddenly has narcolepsy whenever I talk about Disney, he can't even manage to keep his eyes open. :rolleyes2 I told him it bothers me that I can't even talk about it and he just laughed and said I can talk about it all I want (he just doesn't listen). SO annoying.
I guess this is payback for all my years of refusing to have any interest whatsoever in riding, talking about, or looking at his motorcycles, lol.

Luckily I have somehow managed to work the kids into a Disney frenzy with all my talking about it...... and they don't even have any idea we're going, lol! At least once a day tho one of them mentions wanting to go. Jeez, at least I'll have the two of them to talk about things with once I tell them.

we are at 38 days and counting. We drive from Maine every year. Is it just me, I can almost not stand the wait!! I have read everything I possibly can, and now its just a waiting game. I do have a question, and hope I am posting this in the right place :) how scary is Tower of Terror? i think this will be my year of overcoming the rides that scare me, and that is one of them!

It's not scary per say.... A bit thrilling....and you don't necessarily know when the drop is coming...but at that point you're already strapped in and you can't go anywhere. My DH hates it, but he had some trouble with his seat belt the first time he rode it.

Hello, what do u need to get into the resort? My friend is staying w/me at POR but she is coming from AZ and arriving 1st. She is having a friend that lives in FLA pick her up at the airport and driving her to the hotel. Do they need anything to drive in?
Thanks.
I'm in MASS also but will be flying.

sorry for the confusion, what I left out is my friend is being brought to the POR in a car driven by her friend that isn't staying at POR or going into WDW. So does the driver of the car have to have a ticket to the parks to be able to drive my friend to POR?

I've heard that sometimes they ask to see ID, but none of the resorts are inside the gates of any of the parks, so park admission is irrelevant. I doubt they'll run into any problems.

Havent been to DW in over 10 years...stayed at POP..this time staying at AOA bringing granddaughter 3 & 6 1st time...April 29-May 5
Booked through american express so i could use points for room...did not realize that you had to make reservations for all dining...so guess we will just keep trying for some...Just wanted to saw thanks for all post I have been reading most of them trying to make sure I dnt forget to do thing (dining..reservations..lol) any tips or advice would be appreciated on anything you think I should know...

I've heard that sometimes they ask to see ID, but none of the resorts are inside the gates of any of the parks, so park admission is irrelevant. I doubt they'll run into any problems.

thank you! Just wanted to make sure. I always fly and stay in the parks so I take the buses

scrappinggirl said:

That's ok. I think you already got your answer I was going to say the same thing.

Finally managed to get My Disney Experience to let me do on-line check-in and correct its copy of my ADRs. Boy, I hate that interface. Hope somebody got in trouble for unleashing on the public!

PIF, checked-in, ADRs complete and verified. I think I'm ready!

51 days to go!

TJDisneymama said:
1 month, 1 week, 1 day........ ugh, this is slow torture!

I had a moment of insanity where I tried to talk to DH about our plans yesterday - dining, hotel, etc. It's like he suddenly has narcolepsy whenever I talk about Disney, he can't even manage to keep his eyes open. :rolleyes2 I told him it bothers me that I can't even talk about it and he just laughed and said I can talk about it all I want (he just doesn't listen). SO annoying.
I guess this is payback for all my years of refusing to have any interest whatsoever in riding, talking about, or looking at his motorcycles, lol.

Luckily I have somehow managed to work the kids into a Disney frenzy with all my talking about it...... and they don't even have any idea we're going, lol! At least once a day tho one of them mentions wanting to go. Jeez, at least I'll have the two of them to talk about things with once I tell them.

Surprises are so exciting!! We surprised our boys for their b-day one year. It was awesome!!

When are you telling them?

I had a moment of insanity where I tried to talk to DH about our plans yesterday - dining, hotel, etc. It's like he suddenly has narcolepsy whenever I talk about Disney, he can't even manage to keep his eyes open.

:rotfl2: Same here. He just nods politely and gets a vacant look. Even the kids are telling me to stop talking about it!

That's ok - when we are all there and having a great time, we will know who should get the credit :surfweb:

New here! Been lurking around for a week or so....so glad I found these boards! We are off for our third (and hopefully best) trip to the world 4/8-16th! We're SO excited! Mostly packed...although everyday I think of SOMETHING else I need!

Got the countdown ticker....ticking away:goodvibes, seems the closer it gets, the slower it gets:lmao:

Edited because I just decided to start a thread on my question. ;)

So I'll just use this space to say "Whooooo! Fifty days!"

Hello, what do u need to get into the resort? My friend is staying w/me at POR but she is coming from AZ and arriving 1st. She is having a friend that lives in FLA pick her up at the airport and driving her to the hotel. Do they need anything to drive in?
Thanks.
I'm in MASS also but will be flying.

I suggest that you make sure that your friend is listed on the reservation and that she have a copy of the reservation confirmation (or at least the confirmation number) to give to the secutiry guard. We usually take the Magical Express, but the last time I drove in the guard asked me for a photo ID that they could match up with the reservation.

I suggest that you make sure that your friend is listed on the reservation and that she have a copy of the reservation confirmation (or at least the confirmation number) to give to the secutiry guard. We usually take the Magical Express, but the last time I drove in the guard asked me for a photo ID that they could match up with the reservation.

Thanks I will make sure she has the ressie number. that is always a good thing to have, she will probably need that to check into the hotel itself.
Good point! Thanks again!:cool2:

Surprises are so exciting!! We surprised our boys for their b-day one year. It was awesome!!

When are you telling them?

I'm thinking next tuesday! :cool1: i want DH to be there and the only night he's home when i am during the week is tuesdays for an hour before he goes to his other job. And fridays, but i'd rather do it tuesdsy than wait for friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter