***Official April 2013 thread*** SEE POST # 4028

Status
Not open for further replies.
we've never watched POTC either. Are they even good for young kids? (5 & 9)?? I assume they're PG-13. I'd like to add it to our list but I'm not sure if it's appropriate

and what about Song of the South? It's ODS' favorite ride so I thought it might be cool to watch the movie. I know there's some controversy about it tho.

we've never watched POTC either. Are they even good for young kids? (5 & 9)?? I assume they're PG-13. I'd like to add it to our list but I'm not sure if it's appropriate

Depends on the kids. Our girls were not even remotely interested in the POTC movies, even though they love the ride. DH was disappointed b/c he loves POTC, but they love all of the Indiana Jones and Star Wars movies so that made it easier for him. :rotfl: (both of those movies are well represented at DHS as well)

Ok, I'm up to 7 now.

1. Cars
2. Nemo
3. Little Mermaid
4. Lion King
5. Beauty & the Beast
6. Peter Pan
7. Dumbo

Still thinking on the others. I wish they put out a G-rated version of Pirates, lol. I don't think I can let YDD watch that.

Howdy!

My husband and I are planning on going back to the World in late April, but we won't make the reservations until we switch to 2013. We are also planning on staying in a Deluxe, either on the monorail line or one that can take a boat/walk to Epcot (probably the latter). This was news to me. I thought we'd be in a Value again, but I guess since we're planning on it being our last adults-only trip, my husband wanted to make it special!

I'm so excited!

Awesome! Thank you. Now if I could only get my hands on that number! lol

I know your pain! We went on a trip to Orlando with DH's family and they wanted everything to be a surprise so they didn't tell us anything! It was torture, lol. I finally just tried to let myself not care, since we would be coming back in a few months and I could do things my way then.

I see others are doing the Disney movie nights thing! :) We're using it as a way to introduce the boys to all the classics and it's been a HUGE hit. DS2, who's 4, watched "Fantasia" with me the other night and loved it, although I had some explaining to do about the dinosaurs and we cut it off before "Night on Bald Mountain." (I watched that in elementary school and it still gives me the creeps!)

I'm still tracking down all the classics. Any suggestions for off-the-beaten path things that might still have that WDW connection?

Before our honeymoon, DH and I had a blog where we watched Disney movies for the year and a half and wrote reviews of them. For each movie I also did a "WDW connection" section, talking about where that film appears in the parks. We got through a really good chunk of the animated classics and Pixar films. Here's the blog, in case you're interested:

http://beckydisneyquest.blogspot.com/

and what about Song of the South? It's ODS' favorite ride so I thought it might be cool to watch the movie. I know there's some controversy about it tho.

I've seen it, and didn't find it terribly offensive. There are a few things that are politically incorrect, but no more so than what you'd expect from any movie of the time period. That being said, i didn't think it was that great of a movie anyway! If you can get your hands on just the shorts with Brer Rabbit and all, that might be fun to watch. It's pretty difficult to get a copy of Song of the South anyway (legally, at least).

I know your pain! We went on a trip to Before our honeymoon, DH and I had a blog where we watched Disney movies for the year and a half and wrote reviews of them. For each movie I also did a "WDW connection" section, talking about where that film appears in the parks. We got through a really good chunk of the animated classics and Pixar films. Here's the blog, in case you're interested:

Awesome! Thanks. :)

I thought about doing a blog about our Disney prep, just for my own pleasure, but decided to keep a SMASH book instead. That way if I don't update, I'm the only one who knows it. :rotfl:

Howdy!

My husband and I are planning on going back to the World in late April, but we won't make the reservations until we switch to 2013. We are also planning on staying in a Deluxe, either on the monorail line or one that can take a boat/walk to Epcot (probably the latter). This was news to me. I thought we'd be in a Value again, but I guess since we're planning on it being our last adults-only trip, my husband wanted to make it special!

I'm so excited!

Why are you waiting to make your reservations? There really is no advantage to that, as far as I know. If you read this thread, you'll see there are certain people :rolleyes1 who make their reservations and then change them and change them and change them . . . :)

I know your pain! We went on a trip to Orlando with DH's family and they wanted everything to be a surprise so they didn't tell us anything! It was torture, lol. I finally just tried to let myself not care, since we would be coming back in a few months and I could do things my way then.

Before our honeymoon, DH and I had a blog where we watched Disney movies for the year and a half and wrote reviews of them. For each movie I also did a "WDW connection" section, talking about where that film appears in the parks. We got through a really good chunk of the animated classics and Pixar films. Here's the blog, in case you're interested:

oh, fun! i will definitely check it out.

Why are you waiting to make your reservations? There really is no advantage to that, as far as I know. If you read this thread, you'll see there are certain people :rolleyes1 who make their reservations and then change them and change them and change them . . . :)

Hey now!!! :rotfl2:

pwdebbie said:

My husband is not completely sold on going then. We went in mid-May in 2009 for our honeymoon and it rained and poured all day every day we were there. On the flip side, we went in September last year and had beautiful weather, it never rained once. Both went "against" average predictions, but it left an impression.

He would like to see a deal come available too, especially for the room. I know they run the 30% off thing a lot, but it seems the current one ends in March.

My husband is not completely sold on going then. We went in mid-May in 2009 for our honeymoon and it rained and poured all day every day we were there. On the flip side, we went in September last year and had beautiful weather, it never rained once. Both went "against" average predictions, but it left an impression.

He would like to see a deal come available too, especially for the room. I know they run the 30% off thing a lot, but it seems the current one ends in March.

Looking for a special to become available after March myself.

Awesome! Thanks. :)

I thought about doing a blog about our Disney prep, just for my own pleasure, but decided to keep a SMASH book instead. That way if I don't update, I'm the only one who knows it. :rotfl:

Haha good idea! I did pretty well updating until the honeymoon, but even though I hoped to continue it after that I kind of... didn't. Well, every few months or so :rotfl:

Can I join? I can't believe I only just found this thread. We are going 4/21-4/27, staying at SSR. It'll be me, husband, son (5) and daughter (almost 3 then). Kids first trip!! I'm so excited! I was looking at flights but getting a bit discouraged. Looking from Boston or providence. So much has changed in Disney since I've last been (2006)- so looking forward to it! :)

Can I join? I can't believe I only just found this thread. We are going 4/21-4/27, staying at SSR. It'll be me, husband, son (5) and daughter (almost 3 then). Kids first trip!! I'm so excited! I was looking at flights but getting a bit discouraged. Looking from Boston or providence. So much has changed in Disney since I've last been (2006)- so looking forward to it! :)

I love going when there is something new!! Welcome to the thread! :goodvibes

I saw some great prices on Delta flights today. I didn't buy any but they had RT to MCO from DFW for $233 on some days in April. No non-stops, but still a good price. Of course baggage fees apply.

hen). Kids I'm so excited! I was looking at flights but getting a bit discouraged. Looking from Boston or providence. So much has changed in Disney since I've last been (2006)- so looking forward to it!

I'm going the week before you but also dealing with the flight
Frustration from boston. Even with agood amount of credits and points which should have been more than enough for the 4 of us to fly for free at any other time, will end up costing us ~$1000. ANd we have to go to manchester for our flight down. :/

Sent from my SCH-I405 using DISBoards

:welcome:
We're glad you've joined us. You'll find a lot of folks from New England here. I'm beginning to think that April should be dubbed New England Month. :)

Welcome! You'll be there the same week as us :) Even though it's so hard to take a long Disney break, I've found that waiting a bit in between trips can also be very rewarding when there is so much cool new stuff to do and see!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter