• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official April 2013 thread*** SEE POST # 4028

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yesterday my hubby decided to get up on a ladder to paint in the basement. The ladder gave out and he fell 5 ft onto his left arm. He broke it in 2 places, dislocated his elbow, and tore a ligament. He had surgery on it last night and has 9 screws and a titanium plate in it now :headache: All this with me being induced on Thursday with our 2nd baby!

All I keep thinking is
1) Im SO GLAD it wasnt more serious and that he just hurt his arm, even if it is VERY painful and

2) Im SO GLAD this didnt happen right before our Disney Trip!!!:rotfl:

WOW! I am so glad that he's all right. That is a lot of stress to deal with this week! Good luck with your labor and delivery. :cheer

So yesterday my hubby decided to get up on a ladder to paint in the basement. The ladder gave out and he fell 5 ft onto his left arm. He broke it in 2 places, dislocated his elbow, and tore a ligament. He had surgery on it last night and has 9 screws and a titanium plate in it now :headache: All this with me being induced on Thursday with our 2nd baby!

All I keep thinking is
1) Im SO GLAD it wasnt more serious and that he just hurt his arm, even if it is VERY painful and

OMG! That is eventful! I hope your DH has some good mess to stay comfortable.
Good luck with your induction!

Hello everyone, can I jump on your bandwagon? My family and I are coming to Disney from the UK April 14th for 2 wks. We are, me: Emma, other half, Matt & 3 kids: Hebe 5, Beau 2 and Eden currently 12 wks. Are we mad doing this with 3 little ones?! We've never been before (been to FL tho), have bought the unofficial guidebook which is completely overwhelming!!! I never knew a holiday would require so much planning but I'm loving it already....lists being made day and night (whilst feeding!). We're staying off resort as we like our own car & kitchen & own bedroom (& it was cheaper), and we hope to visit a nice beach. So that's me, be prepared for some, probably, obvious questions!!

All I keep thinking is

Oh, that sounds very painful. It will almost be like you will have two babies on your hands because he is going to need a lot of assistance for a while. I pray for strength for you and healing for him. I hope you have some helpers lined up for the next few weeks.

Hello everyone, can I jump on your bandwagon? My family and I are coming to Disney from the UK April 14th for 2 wks. We are, me: Emma, other half, Matt & 3 kids: Hebe 5, Beau 2 and Eden currently 12 wks. Are we mad doing this with 3 little ones?! We've never been before (been to FL tho), have bought the unofficial guidebook which is completely overwhelming!!! I never knew a holiday would require so much planning but I'm loving it already....lists being made day and night (whilst feeding!). We're staying off resort as we like our own car & kitchen & own bedroom (& it was cheaper), and we hope to visit a nice beach. So that's me, be prepared for some, probably, obvious questions!!

:welcome:

Welcome to the DIS! I'm sure we will be more than eager to help you with your planning. :)

You do know that you could have your own car, and kitchen, and your own bedroom on property too, right? But definitely not cheaper. Nope, not cheaper.

OMG! That is eventful! I hope your DH has some good mess to stay comfortable.
Good luck with your induction!

Oh, that sounds very painful. It will almost be like you will have two babies on your hands because he is going to need a lot of assistance for a while. I pray for strength for you and healing for him. I hope you have some helpers lined up for the next few weeks.

WOW! I am so glad that he's all right. That is a lot of stress to deal with this week! Good luck with your labor and delivery. :cheer

Thanks everyone for the kind words. He is doing better but the pain meds arent working well so he is staying another night so he can stay on IV pain meds :headache:

At the end of next week I will be alone with a newborn, 2.5 yr old, and my DH who will need help too! MIL is here helping but has to go back home Sunday 11/11. We have people from the church that want to drop meals and friends in the area so Im hoping we will be alright. Either way we will get through it! God will only give us what we can handle, right :confused3

Thanks everyone for the kind words. He is doing better but the pain meds arent working well so he is staying another night so he can stay on IV pain meds :headache:

At the end of next week I will be alone with a newborn, 2.5 yr old, and my DH who will need help too! MIL is here helping but has to go back home Sunday 11/11. We have people from the church that want to drop meals and friends in the area so Im hoping we will be alright. Either way we will get through it! God will only give us what we can handle, right :confused3

When people say to you, "Let me know if there is anything I can do," answer them right away and let them know what you need help with. We had one gal in our church that had a baby that I knew was stickler for scrubbing her kitchen floor on her hands and knees every few days or so and I knew she wouldn't be able to do it for a while, so I went out to her house and did that. I don't even scrub my own kitchen floor that often, let alone on my hands and knees, but I knew that this would bless her because it would have been one of those things that she would have been looking at and itching to get done. So let people know if you need someone to run the vacuum or watch the 2.5 yo so you can nap or do laundry or clean the bathroom or pick up some items at the store. People really are willing to help as long as they know what is needed.

I'm definitely doing a happy dance right now! We just booked our trip!

Same days as what I said before, April 27 - May 4, and we'll be at POR.

I'm so excited! :cheer2: :cool1: :cheer2: :cool1: :cheer2: :cool1:

Hi! We are going April 27- may 3 and staying at POR in the oak manor, royal room. Me, Lori, 34, Scott 42, and Addison 7 at the time of travel.

I'm definitely doing a happy dance right now! We just booked our trip!

Same days as what I said before, April 27 - May 4, and we'll be at POR.

I'm so excited! :cheer2: :cool1: :cheer2: :cool1: :cheer2: :cool1:

We are booked at POR for the same exact days as you! Made my ADR's last week. Now just waiting...174 days and counting! :banana::banana::banana:

it has been pretty quiet here lately. :confused3 I've been so busy booking other peoples' trips I haven't had time to think about my own. But it looks like I'm in a lull so......back to ME, ME, ME!

My kids still don't know. Although I do talk about Disney a lot, and am on Disney related websites 24/7, all under the premise that I'm "working" of course :p But at least it gives me a good excuse talk about it. Last year when I planned the secret trip for DS and I, every time I was on a disney website and he came by I had to scramble and minimize the page so he didn't see. Now I can let it all out in the open. I may tell them eventually but I know for sure I'm not going to tell them any time soon b/c I just think knowing this far out will be torture for them. Heck, it's torture for me, lol. I think being 5+ months will just bum ODS out and YDD has no concept of time anyways so she'd probably just ask every day if today is the day we're going. And she's a super-whiner so she'd probably whine too when I said it wasn't today. :rolleyes2

I think I mentioned before how before our first trip we watched every Disney movie. I think we started in Nov. and watched one every Fri. &/or Sat. down in our family room by the fireplace, until we went at the end of Feb. I want to do it again this time but didn't know how I'd do it without telling them about the trip but this morning it was chilly so they asked for a fire and I said "hey, we haven't watched any Disney movies in a long time. I think after Christmas we should make a list of Disney movies and then every weekend during the winter we can have movie night by the fire." they were like "yeah..... sure....whatever......" I'm sure when the time comes they'll be asking to watch iCarly or Austin and Ally instead, lol :rolleyes2

oh, and btw, I haven't booked our airfare down yet because I'm waiting for my SW reward points to be credited, but I've still been checking the fares regularly and they have not moved even one penny! The flight I want is/has been $347 forever. Such a ripoff!!:crazy2:

We haven't booked our flights either. Keeping our fingers crossed that the price will drop! It's so difficult to figure out the best time to book flights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter