***Official April 2013 thread*** SEE POST # 4028

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dessert party reservations won't open up until the month before your trip, so you didn't miss it yet. Start trying to book the res in March and check each day.

Ohhhhhhh That explains it. Thanks so much, I'll definitely be trying at the 30 day mark then.

Advance reservations are highly recommended and can be made up to 180 days prior to your visit

That's what it say on the website for the dessert party reservations. I cant find a reservation available on any day between now and the end of my trip. What the heck is up with that????

Wal mart is the place to go for Disney related shirts!!
I avoid Walmart at all costs but last year found matching Mickey shirts for all 3 of my boys( at the time they were 8 months, 5 and 7) I will des be trying again this year. I usually only get one a piece to wear on our first day.
I actually can't wait to take advantage of it Bc normally I would never ever be able to get my 8 year old to wear a Mickey shirt!! Haha

I'm also trying to think of how to tell my boys! 2012 we did a scavenger hunt.. And the final clue led to a huge frames picture of the castle that my son has in his room.. And we put a big X on the pic and the clue said something about that being our destination.
2010 we woke them up and just surprised them and went to the airport. The funny thing is-- all my prep put into the scavenger hunt- it didn't turn out as much excitement as I thought it would! Waking and telling them actually went better.

I'm trying to think of something fun for this year but its hard Bc my 8 year old is into my business like none other right now, he literally listens to everything I say to everyone! Haha so I am afraid hell catch on before then!

And it seems like Disney apparel goes up to toddler, then stops!

I've always found that really strange that kids past a certain age can't find Disney clothes because Disney clothes are huge even for teenage/young adult women. There's almost always a Mickey Mouse or Disney shirt at H&M and Forever 21. I just got a vintage-style Mickey & Friends shirt at H&M the other day, and a cropped Mickey top at Topshop. I saw Forever 21 had a two different Mickey sweaters, a Toy Story sweater, a Little Mermaid sweater AND an Alice in Wonderland sweater. It seems so weird to me that they'd exclude school aged kids of all genders when Disney is still marketable to adults! I suppose they figure boys don't like Disney past a certain age, but I think they're missing out on a market there.

For those of you with daughters, though, check out Forever 21 or H&M for Disney clothes. They've almost always got something. Depending on their ages and sizes, they could probably fit into them.

Resort Changing

I am so embarassed. :blush: I won't even bother y'all with the details this time. I am sorry.

cherylsmike -- April 14 - 21 @ POR

gtpoohbear said:
Most of the shopping I do is online, since the nearest Disney store is over an hour away, in Denver. I almost never find a shirt online that she likes in a 10-12. She has a couple of Phineas & Ferb ones, but even their 10/12's are so small that once they are washed, they barely fit (as compared to a 10/12 from Target, which is slightly too big on her).

We are passing right by the Denver store on Friday (headed to an out-of-town swim meet) so I'm planning to stop by and hope to have better luck in the store. Target in years past has had a pretty good selection of Disney t's, but I haven't seen any this year. Might have to get desperate and try Wal-Mart, which I usually avoid like the plague, lol! I'm also making at least on iron-on for her, she designed a Wall-E one that she really wants, I just haven't been able to find a plain white short sleeve tee anywhere yet, it's all long sleeves and turtlenecks everywhere.

The have Minney shirts in the womens section at my Target. My 11 year old can wear some women's shirts.

rebeccaariel said:
I've always found that really strange that kids past a certain age can't find Disney clothes because Disney clothes are huge even for teenage/young adult women. There's almost always a Mickey Mouse or Disney shirt at H&M and Forever 21. I just got a vintage-style Mickey & Friends shirt at H&M the other day, and a cropped Mickey top at Topshop. I saw Forever 21 had a two different Mickey sweaters, a Toy Story sweater, a Little Mermaid sweater AND an Alice in Wonderland sweater. It seems so weird to me that they'd exclude school aged kids of all genders when Disney is still marketable to adults! I suppose they figure boys don't like Disney past a certain age, but I think they're missing out on a market there.

For those of you with daughters, though, check out Forever 21 or H&M for Disney clothes. They've almost always got something. Depending on their ages and sizes, they could probably fit into them.

Forever21 sells Disney stuff? I never noticed!

We r staying at PO Riverside. until the 1st then were going to Universal and staying at the Hard rock cafe til the 5th.
Sorry don't understand where your staying?

Oh YES I LOVE to scrapbook already have two scrapbooks from previous trips there. This will be my 4th trip there. I am so lucky!

Sorry, didn't say. Art of Animation!

We've only been to Disney once since I started scrapbooking (when my oldest was born). I can't wait to make a new one.

---

On the other subject, I haven't seen anything Disney-clothing-wise for boys at Target recently. Not outside toddler age, anyway. :confused3

Advance reservations are highly recommended and can be made up to 180 days prior to your visit

That's what it say on the website for the dessert party reservations. I cant find a reservation available on any day between now and the end of my trip. What the heck is up with that????

I believe when they open up for reservations, they open the entire month at once so right now February is open. That also explains why you can't find availability at the moment because the months bookings have been open for a few weeks now which mean they have probably filled up.
There is a thread named (wishes dessert party February now open). I don't have enough posts to add a link, sorry.

I'm sure the demand fluctuates over time. When I was in high school, the Disney store didn't even sell adult sizes. Granted, that was during the time when the Children's Place owned them, so that probably had something to do with it. My friends and I would buy Disney tees that were girls (or boys) XL.

I know my brothers all reached an age when they were no longer interested in Disney much. They might not mind going to the parks, but the Donald Duck or even Cars t-shirts were a little juvenile. I don't even bother trying to pick out Disney themed clothes for DH for our trips, because it's doubtful that he'd wear any of it.
I suppose they probably figure that it makes more sense to market to their stronger demographic.

danceintherain said:
I'm sure the demand fluctuates over time. When I was in high school, the Disney store didn't even sell adult sizes. Granted, that was during the time when the Children's Place owned them, so that probably had something to do with it. My friends and I would buy Disney tees that were girls (or boys) XL.

I know my brothers all reached an age when they were no longer interested in Disney much. They might not mind going to the parks, but the Donald Duck or even Cars t-shirts were a little juvenile. I don't even bother trying to pick out Disney themed clothes for DH for our trips, because it's doubtful that he'd wear any of it.
I suppose they probably figure that it makes more sense to market to their stronger demographic.

You're probably right. I suppose it's not that there isn't a market, there just isn't a big enough one to make it worthwhile to them.

Where r u staying in Disney? I am still learning how to get around in the threads. I saw u above me for april 26th and u have POR and that is where I am staying. But here you have a different place.
Was wondering what state you live in?

scrappinggirl said:
Where r u staying in Disney? I am still learning how to get around in the threads. I saw u above me for april 26th and u have POR and that is where I am staying. But here you have a different place.
Was wondering what state you live in?

If you mean me, I'm arriving on April 27th and I'm staying at POR. I live in Canada

69 days! :cool1::banana::woohoo:

and I get to book my port arrival time and excursions tomorrow for the cruise!!! :thumbsup2
I'm kind of blanking out the entire cruise part of this trip and only focusing on the WDW part. I think I'm nervous b/c I don't know what the heck to expect. I've only been on 1 cruise and it was a loong time ago and completely different type of cruise (kid free. I dont think it was "officially" a kid-free cruise, but there were hardly (if any) kids on it. We were the youngest by far at 31 :rotfl: )

So we got to go to the Disney store today :cool1: The kids were so excited about it, you would have thought we were on our way to Disney World, ha!

As I feared though, they still didn't have a huge selection of shirts for DD. I managed to find one cute Minnie Mouse shirt for her in a youth XL, there were a couple of other designs in that size, but nothing she liked, and no where near the selection they had in smaller sizes. Plus I found a couple of adult XS ones that had the round neck instead of v-neck (which always comes down too low on her) So at least she came out with 3 new ones.

Of course for DS, the problem was deciding which ones to get - tons of cute stuff for the little guys :) So we all made out with some new shirts, and the kids took advantage of the BOGO stuffed animals to complete their Jake & the Pirates collection. I meant to get DS a Jake swimsuit, but somehow we didn't make it out of the store with it. Oh well. Trying to decide if it's worth stopping by again on our way home Sunday. Not sure I'll be back up in Denver again before our trip :(

The CM who checked us out wanted to know all about our trip, and was very excited that we were staying at YC. It's so much fun to suddenly be around other people who "get it" :thumbsup2

I'm really late in the game here but we have just decided we will be going April 18-28. We will either be at Pop or POR. We were planning on the last week of October but I will be student teaching this fall and they seem to frown upon me missing 2 weeks to go to WDW. I have to jump into ADR's and try to get other things set up asap. I have NEVER planned a trip with this little amount of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter