*OFFICIAL* AP Watch thread for Jan/Feb UPDATE: THERE OUT 1/1 THRU 2/11

Originally posted by cyndibelle
ok i am new here so i am gonna ask this...what are ap rates?? i have a vacation planned for feb 2-8.....sorry if this is a dumb question

Hey Cyndibelle...Looks like we will be in the World together! I am staying at the WL..If you are not an Annual Passholder(AP), you can try AAA...They are offering their discounted rates now.
If you don't have AAA, you can join for about $50. They will give you a card to print online, then you can Let the Magic Begin!
PM me if you need any further help!
Betsy

Count us in! Three for CBR Jan. 12th thru 17th. DD just left this morning...has ASM w/AP for $49. per night. Praying for AP for my trip. Thanks so much for keeping me posted!

1st Post to this Board & had a question about AP discounts...Historically, what kind of room/night prices do you get for an "average" room at AKL, CS or WL? I just purchased an AP for our Dec 03 trip (FW cabin w/ AP rate) and I already have ressies for Poly LVC for Dec 04...so if I can snag a super deal in Feb or Mar 04, I'd love to get some more use out of my AP...But it has to be a super good deal. Does Swan/Dolphin normally have as good a deal using the AP as the "real" Disney Resorts? We do have our Travel Agent keeping an eye out for the Jan/Feb AP rates...She's actually the one who lucked up on the FW cabin AP just YESTERDAY as we had planned on staying at the campground...So needless to say, we're thrilled...:tongue:

Thanks for everyone's help in advance.

Am still trying to decide where to stay 1/3-1/9, and thought that was my only consideration. Ha! Now am reading about AP rates, and am intrigued--so many are waiting to get these, so they must be pretty good, huh? Could I have a quick course from the pros? What exactly are these? (I'm only a week or so old here.) Would the AP rate help me if I only went once/year?:wave: Am counting the days now.

I called first thing this morning and asked for AP or Fl resident rates. So the CM starts looking info up and asking questions like she's going to get me a reservation so I'm excited - thinking they are finally out. She then tells me there are no AP rates for those dates - I almost felt like crying - I couldn't have missed them already!! :( I then ask her again if AP or Fl resident rates are out and she says I dont know they just arent available for those dates. So I ask her to check and she leaves and comes back - No AP rates yet. I was so relieved - I've been checking every morning - I can't miss those rates or its no GF in January. My kids have their hearts set on it.

Cinda - AP rates can cut the rack rates by as much as 45%. From what I have read only one person in your party needs to have an AP to get the discount. There is another thread going on right now on whether it can be a child AP or not. Last I read - some said you could some said no. I've never tried - we all have AP's because we are FL residents so we go a lot. It depends on how long your stay is in WDW to see if it is worth it. Hope this helps.

Michelle

------------------------------------

POR
Poly
WL
GF
POFQ
ASMu
ASMo

DL
Disney Wonder

With an AP Rate you can save up to 45% off a rack room rate, which is quite substancial for us Disney Freaks. My DH did the math once and the breaking number of days is 9. If you stay 9 then you have gotten your money's worth, any day after that or another stay is gravy! Not to mention that you can get great rates with the AP discounts. There are other pluses as well! When we can afford them, they are the way to go! Good luck!

Still no word ....:( Called last night approx. 5pmCST. The CM was very business-like. Said he wasn't hearing anything. Phooey! Hoping for at least a hint!
Oh, well. Guess I'll have to be patient with the rest of you.

This must be like torture for all of you waiting for these AP rates. Why don't you just book a hotel you can afford at the time you book it, then when the discount rates come out change your reservation. I agree with WDWgirls that the GF is $$$$$, but I would rather sleep at night knowing I was staying at a hotel I could afford. Good Luck !!!

I have booked a hotel I can afford and I did it with the AAA discount. We are currently booked at CBR for 4 nights in Feb, but I want to switch the last night to AKL (for ease of eating at Boma) but there is NO AAA availability except for concierge, so I know they have some standard rooms blocked for AP holders, and I want one. I don't care if it is facing the parking lot, I just want my last night at AKL so I can eat at Boma in the morning! lol

So, if AP rates don't come out at all :( I am still set with CBR, I just will need to rent a car instead of use Florida Towncar. No Biggie.... But I am waiting rather impatiently for AP rates! ;)

Maybe Sunday? Who knows...

fingers crossed that it is soon,
Karen

Tonyspad....thanks for the best wishes!! I have made an additional reservation that is one that is affordable, but we would love to stay concierge at the Poly. We will stay at the Poly regardless, just would like to upgrade it!

Besides, it is almost like an addiction to wait patiently, waiting, hoping, calling..lol Call me or some other of us weird or odd, but there is a certain thrive for the thrill of being successful in the AP rate hunt! "Tortureous? NEVER, thrilling exciting, helping to pass time before we can leave, crossing fingers and toes hoping to catch a deal!!!

Have a great day!

Thanks for checking..maybe later in the day they come, wishful thinking.

Looks like mid November may be it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter