Official American Idol Thread - Top 6 Week (and Top 5 Week unless we talk too much)

Who do you think is the most talented of the top 6?

• David Archuletta

• Jason Castro

• David Cook

• Carly Smithson

• Syesha Mercado

• Brooke White

• The most talented has already left the competition - please post who

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only season of the Mole I watched was a celeb one. Or maybe I watched two celeb seasons. I can't recall. I did like it though. What channel is it on and when does it start? I'll have to check out a non-celeb one. (Although...the people on the "celebrity" seasons were hardly famous...haha.)

It'll be on ABC this summer. I think it actually starts fairly early. I think I read it'll be on Monday nights at 10, but I could be completely wrong about that.

It'll be on ABC this summer. I think it actually starts fairly early. I think I read it'll be on Monday nights at 10, but I could be completely wrong about that.

Thanks. I'll have to check that out.

Okay, I'm still on a post-Lost rush (that was one intense episode!!!) so I put the pool on a spreadsheet. Thought that would make it easier when it comes time for eliminations.

Some interesting trends and findings --

-- no one picked someone other than David C or David A to win (aside for Lauri, who picked Jason; she's a rebel)

-- only two people (aside for me and DW Lauri, and we're not playing) placed either of the two Davids out of the bottom two, and they still picked them to do no worse than 3rd. If either David goes in the next two weeks, the Tag Fairy will be hitting the Fairy Oddparents Cosmo redo watch.

-- no one picked Syesha to go higher than 3rd (except for me and Lauri, who placed her 2nd). Brooke and Jason each have one place in 2nd.

-- the most common sequence picked is Syesha, Brooke, Jason, David A, and David C.

-- depending on how the eliminations go, two people have a chance of winning after the 4th place person is eliminated (and no, I'm not saying who).

Okay, the rush is wearing off. G'night all!

That second one with David A and Nigel was a loooong one about how Nigel had a remote to make David Cook mess up his lyrics real bad and loses the contest to David A!!! I swear I laughed my head off at that one! :rotfl2:

Crap, I missed all those! Those posters are really creative. I enjoy their stuff.

I can't believe I can't remember this, but do they ever let the idols pick their own songs (without a theme)? :confused3

I hate, hate, hate the themes. I think that is why some of the past winners haven't done so well. You love the way they sing Bon Jovi or Mariah so you vote for them, they win and release an albumn of "their" type of music which is opposite from the type they were forced to sing on theme nights. For example (I am a rocker girl - especially Southern Rock), I LOVED Reuben singing Sweet Home Alabama. He was my favorite all season, and I was so happy he won. But - I don't like any of his post-idol music. :confused3

Okay, I'm still on a post-Lost rush (that was one intense episode!!!) so I put the pool on a spreadsheet. Thought that would make it easier when it comes time for eliminations.

Some interesting trends and findings --

-- no one picked someone other than David C or David A to win (aside for Lauri, who picked Jason; she's a rebel)

-- only two people (aside for me and DW Lauri, and we're not playing) placed either of the two Davids out of the bottom two, and they still picked them to do no worse than 3rd. If either David goes in the next two weeks, the Tag Fairy will be hitting the Fairy Oddparents Cosmo redo watch.

-- no one picked Syesha to go higher than 3rd (except for me and Lauri, who placed her 2nd). Brooke and Jason each have one place in 2nd.

-- the most common sequence picked is Syesha, Brooke, Jason, David A, and David C.

-- depending on how the eliminations go, two people have a chance of winning after the 4th place person is eliminated (and no, I'm not saying who).

Okay, the rush is wearing off. G'night all!

Hmm, interesting......very interesting!!!:scratchin

Totally non-AI here, but Lost kicked you-know-what tonight! It feels like the tv season's finally starting now, with my guilty pleasure of AI, the best scripted show on tv in Lost, and one of the best unscripted shows on tv in Top Chef...unfortunately, they'll all be over in a few short weeks...

...but there's always The Mole during the summer. I'm probably the only person psyched to have that show back on the air (and in a non-celebrity edition!).

You're not the only one, I love the mole too. Will Cooper Anderson be the host again? I just love him:lovestruc

I can't believe I can't remember this, but do they ever let the idols pick their own songs (without a theme)? :confused3

I hate, hate, hate the themes. I think that is why some of the past winners haven't done so well. You love the way they sing Bon Jovi or Mariah so you vote for them, they win and release an albumn of "their" type of music which is opposite from the type they were forced to sing on theme nights. For example (I am a rocker girl - especially Southern Rock), I LOVED Reuben singing Sweet Home Alabama. He was my favorite all season, and I was so happy he won. But - I don't like any of his post-idol music. :confused3

I believe they got to pick their songs until the Top 12, then the themes started.

This year the themes started with the top 24. There were decades being done.

In past years when it was down to the top 3 they had a week where they each sang 3 songs, 1 of their own choosing, 1 picked by the judges (example, Simon picks for someone, Paula picks for someone and randy picks for someone), then they have a Clive Davis pick for all 3.

I've been watching Idol rewind and I can't believe how good Reuben was! I watched it back then but I had forgotten what kind of voice he had. He has an amazing voice, but he did not get marketed for what the voters of AI wanted to hear him do. they wanted to hear him sing the stuff he did on Idol.

I've been watching Idol rewind and I can't believe how good Reuben was! I watched it back then but I had forgotten what kind of voice he had. He has an amazing voice, but he did not get marketed for what the voters of AI wanted to hear him do. they wanted to hear him sing the stuff he did on Idol.

ITA! I didn't start watching Idol until season 4 so I missed all of that. I did have an opportunity to listen to all the songs online though and loved almost everything Reuben and Kimberly Locke did. It's been fun seeing them actually sing these songs.

Funny thing is I really didn't get the whole Clay thing but, now that I've had a chance to watch him, I can see why he's so popular.

Totally non-AI here, but Lost kicked you-know-what tonight! It feels like the tv season's finally starting now, with my guilty pleasure of AI, the best scripted show on tv in Lost, and one of the best unscripted shows on tv in Top Chef...unfortunately, they'll all be over in a few short weeks...

O.....m.....G......Lost was phenomenal....

I swear I nearly went to BLOWS with some DISer who debated me that Lost is NOT the best scripted show on TV....:furious:

If there's anything BETTER I haven't seen it!!!!

Like Dan said...LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!! :thumbsup2

Unfortunately, you may have wandered into the wrong thread if you don't want to see funny pictures of Archie. And, to be honest, it's not that people don't like the kid, it's more that the majority feel that he was "hand-picked" by the producers to win this thing from the beginning this year.

This is an American Idol thread. I didn't "wander into the wrong thread." They're not funny pictures of Archie, its Alice Cooper and a baby crying. It seems the only people you are bashing are David A. and Jason.

The only season of the Mole I watched was a celeb one. Or maybe I watched two celeb seasons. I can't recall. I did like it though. What channel is it on and when does it start? I'll have to check out a non-celeb one. (Although...the people on the "celebrity" seasons were hardly famous...haha.)

My older son and I watched the celebrity one with Kathy Griffin, Corbin Bernson and one of the Baldwins. (Billy maybe) It was hysterical.

Maybe they should do one with past Idol contestants. Kevin Kovais (Chicken Little) could be the star. ;)

I swear I nearly went to BLOWS with some DISer who debated me that Lost is NOT the best scripted show on TV....:furious:

I think I need to knock my 2 year old out so she will nap so I can watch Lost. (j/k for anyone who thinks I would hit my child, I'd use Benadryl.)

This is an American Idol thread. I didn't "wander into the wrong thread." They're not funny pictures of Archie, its Alice Cooper and a baby crying. It seems the only people you are bashing are David A. and Jason.

No it's not the wrong thread. It IS an American Idol thread but what Jeff meant is it's full of people who are NOT DA fans. If you support him, good for you! It will balance the thread out a bit if nothing else.

Everyone has their favorites and NON favorites. Sometimes this is the only place we have to voice it. I apologize if the pictures upset you, sometimes we can quite blunt in our "voicing".

No, Brooke gets quite a bit of bashing. I'm sure Syesha would too if anyone remembered she was on the show. Danny and Ramielle were also huge targets before they left. Pretty much the only ones not made fun of regularly are David Cook and Michael Johns. That's because everyone is afraid of Robin and her attack kitty. ;)

There are no personal attacks going on, please take the pictures as the good natured ribbing it's intended to be.

I've never seen Lost.

Every contestant has been made fun of here. You should've seen it during the Kristy Lee Cook days! Yikes!

My older son and I watched the celebrity one with Kathy Griffin, Corbin Bernson and one of the Baldwins. (Billy maybe) It was hysterical.

Maybe they should do one with past Idol contestants. Kevin Kovais (Chicken Little) could be the star. ;)

It was Stephen Baldwin. He and Corbin did both seasons of celebrity mole. I did, indeed, watch both. I remember that they came back the second time around and they both did kind of badly...haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter