Official American Idol Season 4 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
damo said:
My son said she sounded just like Alvin the Chipmunk.

LOL So did mine.

There are so many good singers this year, better than last. I don't have a real favorite yet either. I want to see them more.

Nancy said:
FYI...the red head from last year actually has a record deal and I believe the record is being planned for an April release. (not 100 % sure on the release date) His high school play also sold out all shows just because he was in it...the article in the paper said people were coming from hours away to see him! Go figure some people.

I particularly liked it when they were comparing him to Sinatra, or even Harry Connick Jr.... :rolleyes: ...I was like, "Have you people ever actually heard Sinatra ?!?"...lol...William Hung got a record deal, too...Doesn't mean anybody is actually going to buy the thing. ;)

Paula did it this year, too...Some loser was singing a James Brown song, and Paula tried to claim that he sang it better than James Brown....lending even more credence to the rumors that she is heavily medicated :rotfl: I've found that my opinion most often is repeated by Simon, then sometimes by Randy, and almost NEVER with Paula :teeth:

sweet angel said:
Constantine is okay, but he's no Brendan Fraser.

LOL, I have to agree.

This is not season 4 related, but Kimberly Locke is on the new Disneymania 3 CD out yesterday. She does a killer rendition of A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes, gave me goosebumps!

elgerber said:
This is not season 4 related, but Kimberly Locke is on the new Disneymania 3 CD out yesterday. She does a killer rendition of A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes, gave me goosebumps!

I also heard that she just got engaged to her high school sweetheart. Congrats to her!!

wvrevy said:
I particularly liked it when they were comparing him to Sinatra, or even Harry Connick Jr.... :rolleyes: ...I was like, "Have you people ever actually heard Sinatra ?!?"...lol...William Hung got a record deal, too...Doesn't mean anybody is actually going to buy the thing. ;)

Paula did it this year, too...Some loser was singing a James Brown song, and Paula tried to claim that he sang it better than James Brown....lending even more credence to the rumors that she is heavily medicated :rotfl: I've found that my opinion most often is repeated by Simon, then sometimes by Randy, and almost NEVER with Paula :teeth:

I was thinking the same about the guy who did the Queen song during the first round of auditions. Paula said that if she closed her eyes it sounded just like Freddie Mercury. DS and I thought she was hearing things, because he sounded nothing like Freddie Mercury. :confused3

Nancy said:
FYI...the red head from last year actually has a record deal and I believe the record is being planned for an April release. (not 100 % sure on the release date) His high school play also sold out all shows just because he was in it...the article in the paper said people were coming from hours away to see him! Go figure some people.

Jon Stevens was in Guys and Dolls in his H.S. and it did sell out.. Now as for coming from hours away? If they did it wasn't that many of them. I don't believe he has a record deal either but will find out as we know some teachers in his H.S.

ValerieK said:
LOL So did mine.

DH also said she sounded like a chipmunk. But remember. She's the most talented person in the whole country - or whatever it was that she was babbling about. :rotfl:

I'm still pulling for Anwar and Amanda Avila. :)

chrissyk said:
Which one is Anthony? Is he the guy who looks like Fez from "That '70's Show"? That guy is a good singer!

I have been calling the other kid Fez for weeks because I can never remember his name. He looks so much like Wilmer Valderamma.

I like Constantine. I bet he was awesome as Roger. He must have talent to have the resume that he has. I hope he makes it to the top twelve.

i can't wait for the show tonight.
i have planned our family dinner early in order to not miss a minute of the show.

gee, my life is again revolving around american idol.........

grinningghost said:
DH also said she sounded like a chipmunk. But remember. She's the most talented person in the whole country - or whatever it was that she was babbling about. :rotfl:

I'm still pulling for Anwar and Amanda Avila. :)
Oh, yeah, she definitely sounded like a chipmunk. Everytime Dh would see her, he would start humming, "Alvin, Simon, Theodore..."

Btw, which one was Amanda Avila? I can't remember all the names yet.

I'm a fan of Constantine myself. He graduated from the Boston Conservatory of Music, so he has some formal training. I'm hopeful he'll make the top 24 tonight.

StaceyA said:
He was in rent? wow! When I first saw him during the auditions I didn't see what the fuss was about with his looks, but now he is growing on me...he is a real cutie!

Same here.

btw, does anyone know what the "pick me" girl's name is?

A lot of bad songs were picked last night that might have hurt people, imo.

Most of the ones I liked were BOOTED last night!! :guilty: :confused3 Don't know WHO too root for now! :confused3

can i just say that i am so sick of tammy? she cries over EVERYTHING. she'll be finding out next if she got through and i hope she doesn't :rolleyes:
i'm sad the first guy didn't get through, matthew with the bleached hair. aww.

Mikayla is soooo funny!!!!

Glad she made it b/c she was missing exam week and would get all F's and her report card would have C's (spoken at a million words per 2nd).

L for Lobby????

LOOOOOOVVVVVE her!!!

Sorry to post again--but nothing to go back to?....did I miss the part of the post audition where you could audition for a soap opera?

NOOOO JP didn't make it!!! :sad: so i guess no crooners this year huh. :( that saddens me.

i was sorry to see john zisa go also. i am glad judd made it through. so far i'm pulling for him, but there's still 20 minutes to go, so who knows!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter