Official all things Princess Half Weekend 2015 thread! DOoneY and offical mErcH on DisneyParksBLOg

a blogger posted this on Facebook about where the characters were last year. That was my first PHM and i think she is pretty dead on with them. hope this helps.
2014character stops.jpg
I want several of these photos but am only run/walk at 1437 pace so don't want to get swept. Very excited though. My DH won't be there and wanted pics to share the experience once he is home from deployement.

Thank you so much for posting! I really like them and I am sad there is no preorder... I fear getting there Friday afternoon and there will be none left... Sad that there won't be any for people running the actual race.

Is there info on the prices of the Dooney bags anywhere? I didn't see anything in the rD Facebook pose earlier today.

Is there info on the prices of the Dooney bags anywhere? I didn't see anything in the rD Facebook pose earlier today.
I went on the disneystore website and saw similar styles, I am assuming they are around the same price as those. They look to be the Wristlet, cross body, and satchel.

Last edited:

They usually mark the run bags up a bit from the regular pricing, judging by the Avengers and Star Wars bags.
I really like purple, so I like this bag... But not getting to the expo until Friday afternoon, I don't expect there to be any left. I am really bummed that I trained and I am running the race, yet I will probably be out of luck. I wish they would have had presale to guarantee runners who wanted them access.

Stuck inside the house for the 4th straight day, going a little stir-crazy and I guess I'm not doing that last long run ahahahaha. /crazy laugh

In case anyone was wondering, it's still snowing in Boston.

I would need some serious medication to put up with winters like that. I hope you guys get thawed out soon and that there will be no weather obstacles in getting to sunny Florida.

Stuck inside the house for the 4th straight day, going a little stir-crazy and I guess I'm not doing that last long run ahahahaha. /crazy laugh

I'm with you:) In Worcester, where we are very excited (NOT!) to have learned that we are winning the Golden Snowglobe competition for the US city with the most snow for the winter. 90 inches and counting... Get me out of here:drive: More snow Friday and Sunday. I hope it stays clear for Monday, that's when we are supposed to fly out!

Oh hello from Cleveland. Also still snowing here. Leaving Saturday. Will form a protest line at the airport if my flight gets cancelled.

On a really random note - I want to take some Epsom salts since I will be walking all week leading up to the races. But that is a heavy little bag. I'm a little worried TSA will have some questions if I put it into little one cup measured sandwich baggies! These are the things I've begun thinking of as I go stir crazy. :tilt:

Oh hello from Cleveland. Also still snowing here. Leaving Saturday. Will form a protest line at the airport if my flight gets cancelled.

On a really random note - I want to take some Epsom salts since I will be walking all week leading up to the races. But that is a heavy little bag. I'm a little worried TSA will have some questions if I put it into little one cup measured sandwich baggies! These are the things I've begun thinking of as I go stir crazy. :tilt:

I've had this dilemma with packing protein powder along with me in a ziplock bag on past trips. If they are suspicious of your baggies of Epsom salt, they will test it for any illicit substances, which will show that it is just salt and you'll be able to keep it. You have nothing to hide, so I wouldn't worry about it. They could confiscate it, but that wouldn't be too bad in the long run, it's just salt and you can get more salts at Basin in DTD (I think we got a coupon for Basin in our Mickey mail last week along with our DME luggage tags, etc).

I want several of these photos but am only run/walk at 1437 pace so don't want to get swept. Very excited though. My DH won't be there and wanted pics to share the experience once he is home from deployement.
Just keep an eye on your time and check the lines - last year I grabbed pics with a number of characters with very short lines and spent no more than 60 seconds each. Even if you round up and say you run a 14:45 pace, that nets you a total of more than 16 minutes to work with, over 1 min per mile, to stay ahead of pace. And if you start in a corral ahead of the the last one, you have that cushion added on, too.

So this would be a bad time to complain about the low in the 30s in my Florida forecast next weekend? ;) JK - I grew up in WNY so I know snow and cold - you have my sympathy, for sure!

I would need some serious medication to put up with winters like that. I hope you guys get thawed out soon and that there will be no weather obstacles in getting to sunny Florida.

Honestly I usually love snow and blizzards and whatever, but it's putting a cramp in my running! I'm excited for PHM but I might do fall half marathons from now on.

Get me out of here:drive: More snow Friday and Sunday. I hope it stays clear for Monday, that's when we are supposed to fly out!

I'm flying out Monday too, right now the forecast is clear! Not that I'm obsessively checking or anything.

Honestly I usually love snow and blizzards and whatever, but it's putting a cramp in my running! I'm excited for PHM but I might do fall half marathons from now on.

I'm flying out Monday too, right now the forecast is clear! Not that I'm obsessively checking or anything.

The main reason I have stuck with PHM is I prefer to train in the cooler temps, but these past two winters have proven quite challenging in the weather department. I've considered switching to making the Wine & Dine my annual big race-cation, but that would mean starting to train in mid to late-August, and I'm a weenie when it comes to running in the heat. I trained for and ran the 2012 Wine & Dine, and it just didn't seem as 'magical' as the PHM.

I have checked the 4 tv stations' websites hourly, as well as weather.com. Right now it looks like the Sunday storm will be done by Sunday night, so hopefully Monday will be ok! I also have been watching southwest.com for flight availability. It looks like Monday is still my best option. Overnight everything out of PVD on Friday and Saturday sold out - probably from all the cancellations yesterday. I was cancelled last year, so I am really paranoid. We made it eventually, but it took 4 days to get out, and we missed all the time at my parents which was the relaxing part of the vacation.

The main reason I have stuck with PHM is I prefer to train in the cooler temps, but these past two winters have proven quite challenging in the weather department. I've considered switching to making the Wine & Dine my annual big race-cation, but that would mean starting to train in mid to late-August, and I'm a weenie when it comes to running in the heat. I trained for and ran the 2012 Wine & Dine, and it just didn't seem as 'magical' as the PHM.

I'm right with you. Both last year and this I felt it stayed ok into December. I can take the cold, but this all snow in January is just dangerous for running where I live. Snowbanks are higher than stop signs and some street lights. I would like to try a CA race, so I may try to talk my husband into trying to get into Avengers this year. I can handle the heat up to 6 miles, after that I suffer. I wouldn't get over six until probably September, so that seems to work out ok for me. I would love to do the WDW full someday too, but I want to get through 6 months without any major injuries before I commit to a full anywhere!

Really, really hoping for no rain on raceday. Running in soggy shoes just does NOT sound fun at all.

I've had this dilemma with packing protein powder along with me in a ziplock bag on past trips. If they are suspicious of your baggies of Epsom salt, they will test it for any illicit substances, which will show that it is just salt and you'll be able to keep it. You have nothing to hide, so I wouldn't worry about it. They could confiscate it, but that wouldn't be too bad in the long run, it's just salt and you can get more salts at Basin in DTD (I think we got a coupon for Basin in our Mickey mail last week along with our DME luggage tags, etc).

I am so glad I am not the only one with these fears! I have everything really organized in my bags so I'm just hoping they don't search through it. OH! Maybe I will just put it in my purse! It is lavender scented sooo...if they check it out in security it should be pretty obvious!

I have checked the 4 tv stations' websites hourly, as well as weather.com. Right now it looks like the Sunday storm will be done by Sunday night, so hopefully Monday will be ok!

I believe it is the same storm, and it is supposed to start snowing here Saturday afternoon. But I fly out at 6:30am...so hoping I miss it!! Even though it is showing this weekend having lows in the lower 30's in FL :(

Really, really hoping for no rain on raceday. Running in soggy shoes just does NOT sound fun at all.

That would be horrible. The weather reports keep changing so drastically, but I can't help but watch them nervously anyways.

I really like purple, so I like this bag... But not getting to the expo until Friday afternoon, I don't expect there to be any left. I am really bummed that I trained and I am running the race, yet I will probably be out of luck. I wish they would have had presale to guarantee runners who wanted them access.

I won't be at the expo until Friday either. I'm seriously bummed about the lack of preorder. I'm a huge Dooney/Disney fan and running for that bag was a big motivator for me. I think that I have found someone who will pick one up for me on Thursday, but I'm not sure. Hopefully they made tons so there will be some left Friday!

Somebody on Fb posted a link to ordering the Dooney bags:
I'm not sure how well this will work for some of you, but I found this link earlier: http://www.yourwdwstore.net/Dooney-Bourke_c_604.html

Wouldn't you know? There are Princess bags "for sale" on this site. It might be worth trying if you want one but not getting to town until later. I'd much rather see participants taking advantage of this than people who just want the bag.

Runner's knee has hit my daughter hard. She said she couldn't even run 3 miles today. While she is aware she can walk the PHM she is disappointed because she has trained to run (actually run/walk) it. She went to a PT who diagnosed the issue last week but he said there was really nothing that could be done in 3 weeks. Told her her running mechanics are way off...heel striking being the main culprit. She finally bought a brace today with hopes that it will help her get through the PHM. I told her the worst case scenario is we'll finish together since I'm really slow (don't think that was fully appreciated :/). Anyone have any experience with this?

I had this happen to me last year before the race and it was my first half. I can only tell you what I did and what the best advice I found was: NO RUNNING until the race! NONE. She'll be tempted, but there's nothing that will help running wise for her to run at this point and running will just aggravate it. I taped my knees, used a brace, and it was painful but I got it done! I kept waiting a few days and trying to run and I think if I had just stopped running completely for the last 3 weeks I might have been in less pain. She's done the training and now has to try and let the knees heal and trust that training!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter