Official all things Princess Half Weekend 2015 thread! DOoneY and offical mErcH on DisneyParksBLOg

Do the shuttles to the expo for packet pickup transport between wws and all the disney resorts (especially interested in beach club and saratoga)?

Any tricks for keeping a tiara on while I run? I was thinking I would put it on then put my hair in a high ponytail over the sides of the tiara.

Has anyone else seen the new 2015 run disney New Balance shoes on the disney parks blog? I have to say "meh".... I was excited to get a pair, now not so much. Kinda sad...

Has anyone else seen the new 2015 run disney New Balance shoes on the disney parks blog? I have to say "meh".... I was excited to get a pair, now not so much. Kinda sad...
Me, too!! I was so willing to go through the hassle this year to get a pair. Now, no thanks!!

Hi everyone! I desperately need advice!

This is my first half marathon ever so i am kind of freaking out!

First thing I wanted to know was what time would you get in line for a bus? I am staying at pop!

Second (this may be silly) what time do people go to sleep before the race? I am a night owl (thank you college) so I am always up till at least 2 so I don't even know if ill end up sleeping which I don't think is such a good idea

TIA

Minniegirl19!

This is my first half too!! SUPER NERVOUS as well! I'm a night owl too! Twinsies! Even when I have to get for work at 6am...I'm usually up til one etc. I believe the busses start departing at 3:30 am...and it can get crazy with estimated 20,000 people trying to head to a race that starts two hours after that. I've heard stories of people getting to the stop at 3:15 or earlier.

So I might attempt to get there at like 3:10...? But I think I will get up that Saturday really early and hope that, plus my whole traveling activity will tire me out enough to try to get to sleep by 7! I really want to be rested for the run!

Minniegirl19! This is my first half too!! SUPER NERVOUS as well! I'm a night owl too! Twinsies! Even when I have to get for work at 6am...I'm usually up til one etc. I believe the busses start departing at 3:30 am...and it can get crazy with estimated 20,000 people trying to head to a race that starts two hours after that. I've heard stories of people getting to the stop at 3:15 or earlier. So I might attempt to get there at like 3:10...? But I think I will get up that Saturday really early and hope that, plus my whole traveling activity will tire me out enough to try to get to sleep by 7! I really want to be rested for the run!

Last year my friend and I were on the bus from ASMo at 3!! Heard too many horror stories of people not getting to the race on time. We weren't the only ones there that early. We went to bed at 8pm and got up about 2am. Ran the half and then went to DHS and MK until about 9 that night.

I was going to go look at the New Balance shoes, even had an arrival time for the line, and decided not to go after seeing them online. After seeing them in person in the park, I'm not interested. I LOVE my Cinderella ones but their inventory said sold out of my size in both Cindy and Minnie so I decided not to go…NB is saying to look out for surprises later in the year..hopefully more colorful shoes!!

Last year my friend and I were on the bus from ASMo at 3!! Heard too many horror stories of people not getting to the race on time. We weren't the only ones there that early. We went to bed at 8pm and got up about 2am. Ran the half and then went to DHS and MK until about 9 that night.

Thanks pinkvol7! Good to know! Wow, even earlier! :eek: I'm gonna have to get on top of this!!

Thanks pinkvol7! Good to know! Wow, even earlier! :eek: I'm gonna have to get on top of this!!

I was staying at pop last year..I was on the bus just after 3 and it was a nice time...no panic before the race. Will probably catch a bus around the same time this trip!

I can't believe we're six weeks out from the race! It seems so far away still, but I'm sure it will fly by.

Right now, I'm just trying to keep up with my 2x per week maintenance runs (usually 2-4 miles) and long run (right now on 9 miles). My training plan only has me going up to 10 miles, and then tapering. What are your thoughts on that?

Can't wait!!

WOW! Y'all are early birds! Last year, I was staying at ASMu and I went to bed at 9pm, was up at 3am, on the bus at 4am-4:15am (can't remember), and that was plenty of time. There were four or five race buses waiting right there in front of the resort, so I didn't have to wait around to catch a ride to the start zone/staging area. I was in Corral G, so I was in no particular hurry to get to my corral ASAP.

I can't believe we're six weeks out from the race! It seems so far away still, but I'm sure it will fly by. Right now, I'm just trying to keep up with my 2x per week maintenance runs (usually 2-4 miles) and long run (right now on 9 miles). My training plan only has me going up to 10 miles, and then tapering. What are your thoughts on that? Can't wait!!

A lot of people do that and say it works for them. I personally like to do a little over a half beforehand. I use the Galloway plan, which has me going up to 14. It gives me more confidence on the day of knowing I've already done it.

I can't believe we're six weeks out from the race! It seems so far away still, but I'm sure it will fly by.

Right now, I'm just trying to keep up with my 2x per week maintenance runs (usually 2-4 miles) and long run (right now on 9 miles). My training plan only has me going up to 10 miles, and then tapering. What are your thoughts on that?

Can't wait!!

This sounds similar to what I do and it works great for me. This will be my 7th half and I’ve never gone above 10 miles in training for any of them. My maintenance runs during the week are a bit longer (between 4-6 miles generally), but only going to 10 miles has been fine for me. Everyone is different however, and a lot of people like to do at least a 13 miler before the race so they know they can do it before race day. Do what you are most comfortable with and if you feel awesome at 10 miles, adrenaline can help take you the last 3.1 on race day. If you are stressing about it though, adding a mile or 2 to your longest run might help ease some of the worry :)

Minniegirl19!

This is my first half too!! SUPER NERVOUS as well! I'm a night owl too! Twinsies! Even when I have to get for work at 6am...I'm usually up til one etc. I believe the busses start departing at 3:30 am...and it can get crazy with estimated 20,000 people trying to head to a race that starts two hours after that. I've heard stories of people getting to the stop at 3:15 or earlier.

So I might attempt to get there at like 3:10...? But I think I will get up that Saturday really early and hope that, plus my whole traveling activity will tire me out enough to try to get to sleep by 7! I really want to be rested for the run!

The earlier you can get to the bus stop, the better. I’m sure a few people here remember my story of bus disasters from last year’s thread. In 2013 I got down to the stop at 315 and waited for 45 mins for a bus at Caribbean Beach and thought that was bad. In 2014, I waiting 1 hour and and a half for a bus at Port Orleans Riverside and it was a complete disaster. I got down to the bus stop at 310 am, sat for over an hour waiting, and made it to my corral a whole 3 mins before we took off. This year, I plan to be at the bus stop prior to 3 am and will be going to the main lobby instead of waiting at the stops outside the resort rooms. I would recommend getting to the bus stop as early as you can because you never know. I’m really hoping that this year will be a bit smoother!

Maybe the resorts have learned from last years mistakes and busing will be better. Here's hoping! Has anyone heard of busing issues from the marathon weekend? If they can get that right why can't they get PHM correct? Where is everybody staying? Port Orleans for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter