Official all things Princess Half Weekend 2015 thread! DOoneY and offical mErcH on DisneyParksBLOg

I am signed up for GSC. I did the half during PHM this year. Can't wait!!!!

Has anyone stayed at AKL on race weekends? We are thinking of staying there for PHM '15 and was wondering what the lines were like after the races to take everyone back to the resort. We stayed at SSR this year and the line was non-existent. The line for POR looked to be about an hour long. Just curious if anyone had any experience at AKL.

Thanks!
Happy training!!!!!

If my son hadn't asked if we could run together and dress up, then I would probably not have run this year. It was so much fun the first three years, but the last 3 have had so many people and just not as friendly. More like herding cattle than the fun time running and seeing characters with little wait time. But when my 21 year son want to go to Disney with his mother and run a half marathon perhaps the stress of registration is a small annoyance.

Sorry to those that missed the GSC. I did the 5k and GSC last year and knew that I wasn't going to do it again, glad to have had the experience. The 10k was a good track with some fun things to see.

I couldn't agree more! The first 2 years I did Princess were wonderful, about half the number of participants, little drama, and just a great experience. I'm one of those people who wishes that run Disney had not become so popular because in all honestly the races were so much better. It went from being my favorite race to in the last 2 years, to a race I keep doing because I keep hoping it will be as amazing as those first years. I am hopeful that this year will be much better than last year and am more excited for it now that I have registered :)

I also did the GSC last year and yep that was a one time thing. The prices this year combined with the early wakeups two days in a row and the fact that doing both did make it feel like less of a "vacation" to me and my family, I decided on just the half this year and feel great about that. However, I am very glad that I did get to experience it last year and am excited for those attempting the GSC for the first time this year :cool1:

Are people receiving confirmation emails from Active.com yet?

I received one, but one of my friends did not (although she has a pending charge on her credit card and she also has the confirmation page from the end of the registration process). I think the confirmation email for my last runDisney race didn't show up for about 24 hours, but I don't remember.

I did, almost immediately! I think that I was one of the few people who got in in the first 30 mins with the original link so I'm sure that's why I got mine so fast. You can check on the runDisney site under registration (there is a little link to check) to make sure just in case :)

We stayed at the AKL the year before last. We never had to wait for a bus to the expo or the races. It was wonderful. If I wasn't going with other people, it would always be my first choice.:thumbsup2

Oh and I am so bummed about not picking a princess! That was one thing that made this race unique and I'm sad they did away with it. I like Frozen a lot but (don't kill me) I really don't want to see all the bibs completely Frozen themed for the half haha. I'm hoping that the 5k will have that theme and maybe there will be generic Princess bibs for the half. Or maybe Disney will come up with something new at the expo like buttons or sashes that might still let us choose a princess...? here's to hoping :goodvibes

Wooohooo!!! Congrats to everyone who registered! Yes, I think everyone is in consensus that it was quite a battle! This is my first year signing up and my bestie and I are sooo excited!

Questions of you pros...

1. How do I sign up for teams?

2. Any advice on hotel selection?

3. Is there park ticket discounts for runners? If so how would I go about purchasing discounted tickets!!

Thanks so much!! So excited to see everyone out there in 218 days!!

Eek! The half just sold out! What an emotional day with registration. Congrats to all who got in! I can't wait to start sharing training plans and stories of our journey to the big weekend.

And the half is now full as well!! Congrats to all who got in!!

Crazy how fast it sold--well, how fast all the Disney races are selling lately! Last year, didn't it take a few months for it to sell out?

I was on the fence about registering for Princess this year...so I didn't get in, but I'm not heartbroken about it.

I can not believe it but me and my three friends got in after an hour of trying and refreshing the pages

I have a question for anyone that signed up for the 2015 Princess Half. I ran it last year and I recall that during registration we were able to choose a princess for our bibs. When I registered this time around, I didn't see an option to choose a princess. Is Disney not having customized bibs this time?

I have a question for anyone that signed up for the 2015 Princess Half. I ran it last year and I recall that during registration we were able to choose a princess for our bibs. When I registered this time around, I didn't see an option to choose a princess. Is Disney not having customized bibs this time?
this is my first time but I was reading on the rundisney fB group a lot of people asking, and I reg. and i didn't notice it either

Registered my granddaughter twice because I got kicked off the computer at a crucial time--we were having storms in NJ-- and I never got a confirmation email. Never got a confirmation emails for the SECOND registration, either, although they're both listed on the registration site. Now trying to get a refund from RunDisney on one of them. This shouldn't be that difficult!

Registered my granddaughter twice because I got kicked off the computer at a crucial time--we were having storms in NJ-- and I never got a confirmation email. Never got a confirmation emails for the SECOND registration, either, although they're both listed on the registration site. Now trying to get a refund from RunDisney on one of them. This shouldn't be that difficult!

oh noooooooooo good luck!!!!

Yep didn't happen this year don't know is runDisney forgot, active couldn't support more questions. Or the rampant speculation is that is has to do with frozen

I was waiting until next week to register. Until I saw the half was at 90%. Called my sis and I registered us both!! My friend that is coming with hadn't registered for the 10k and I texted her and she got it in right before it sold out! I didn't have to deal with any issues with Active since I waited till 4:00 to register! We are staying at Bonnet Creek from Thurs-Monday. Now I just need to decide which Princess to be!! Congrats to all who got in!!

WOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was worried when I didn't see any posts!

Now, where are we gonna stay?????

OK Southwest can open up their flights now for Feb!!!

SW keeps pushing back the February release. First time I checked it was 7/19, then it was 7/28. Last night I checked again and now it's at 8/4. Last year my afternoon flight from PVD was cancelled due to snow so this year I want to get an earlier one for a little weather wiggle room. I went from leaving Saturday to Wednesday due to the blizzard and the school vacation sold out flights. Don't want to repeat that this year!

Since DH flies for SWA I asked if he had any info on schedule release ....and the answer was probably early August. Could be end of July so keep calling the reservation number or checking on-line a couple times a day.

Always a good idea to take an earlier flight if at all possible...flight delays just snowball during the day. I do remember in 2012 DH got rerouted out of the NE due to a snow storm that year.

I am aiming for. 2016 return to PHM !:littleangel:

My sister and I are both registered for the 10K. It is our first runDisney event and first 10K. We are so excited!! Waiting for the 2015 packages to come out AND flight options, especially from Southwest.

I'm super excited:cool1::cool1::cool1: I registered this afternoon, it took a lot of refreshing but I'm in for the 10K. Can't wait, now time to book my room. My son's birthday is the week before, this will turn into a birthday trip too! Plus we're going on the Disney Cruise in January. To top it off the American Counseling Association conference is Orlando in March. I think I will get to see my forget Mouse three months in a row pixiedust:pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter