"Official" 2024 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

Undercovertourist still shows availability for 10/31. It let me add them to the cart, but I didn’t go any further. Other reports suggest this won’t work, but it is certainly worth a try….nothing to lose.
As shared in this post,

PLEASE READ:

Now that we have a Sold Out party we need to post our annual reminder:

Disney MNSSHP tickets are non-transferable.

View attachment 861997

A sold out party is a sold out party except for very, very rare instances where more tickets become available through the Disney website. (Occasionally this happens in extreme circumstances when something like a hurricane is brewing so many guests are cancelling their party tickets.)

ADVERTISING TO SELL OR PURCHASE TICKETS IS NOT PERMITTED ON DISBOARDS. Any such posts will be deleted and warning points may be awarded.

Also, as is often asked, if party tickets are sold out on the Disney website/app, they are also sold out when phoning Disney and through third-party vendors.

If you are unable to attend a party to which you have purchased tickets, please contact Disney to make alternate arrangements. Historically they allow guests to retain those funds in their Disney account to use towards a future hard-ticket event.
a sold out party is sold out for all 3rd party vendors too as they need to purchase through Disney. Many have tried what you did in the past with the same results.

While tickets appeared to be available on a third party website, the transaction cannot be completed.

We put ours in our checked in bag and even after giving some away at Halloween, we ate candy well past Christmas
Single mama with two boys going and our rule is if it doesn’t for in a carry on it doesn’t go.I will try and prep them for the possibility.. I was more worried about what would be not allowed through security like non solid .. ( my little guy with ASD snuck peanut butter in his carry on a few years ago )

Single mama with two boys going and our rule is if it doesn’t for in a carry on it doesn’t go.I will try and prep them for the possibility.. I was more worried about what would be not allowed through security like non solid .. ( my little guy with ASD snuck peanut butter in his carry on a few years ago )
There isn’t any non-solid candy. It’s all solid unless the chocolate melts lol.

Wow, Halloween night sells out less than 2 weeks from when tickets first went on sale?! I'm glad I got ours when I did; that's the only MNSSHP night that fit our trip. I'm also doing Wine & Dine runDisney, but I decided not to do the 5K on Nov 1; I didn't want to stay up late at MNSSHP and then almost immediately go to a rD event.

It will be interesting to see when other nights sell out.

Was just going to post about Halloween being sold out, but just saw the posts. Happy I decided to snag ours early through Undercover Tourist. Will be our first Halloween party ever at a Disney Park which has been on my wife's bucket list since forever! I think our 5-year-old and 2-year-old are going to have a blast as well :)

One question for the veterans that has kind of been somewhat addressed above, but we weren't originally planning on attending a park on that Friday so as to relax a little before we do the 5K Wine and Dine the next morning (and considering the cost of the party is not cheap), but wondering if it makes sense to avoid the main gate lineup and wait with the youngins by doing parks that day as reportedly MK is less busy during the day on party days. We were originally holding out to do Magic Kingdom for most of the day on Sunday Nov 2nd in hopes of seeing it for Christmas too. Any thoughts or suggestions from the seasoned party veterans? :)

Replying to my own post here... I just remembered my wife and I need to go to the Expo on Thursday to pickup our 5K race registration stuff. Even if we JUST do that without checking out the Expo floor, photo ops or merchandise, the hour or two in the middle of the day we'd need to devote just to that (which includes travelling back and forth to the ESPN Event Center) would make attending Magic Kingdom during normal park hours a very loooooong day and evening in addition to the party itself and not worth the money for the few extra hours we'd have in the park.

Thank you again though to all who responded with advice!

Although we've secured our tickets for 31/10. some of our party haven't, which is obviously on them. Historically do extra tickets go on sale at any point between now and then?

As shared in this post,

a sold out party is sold out for all 3rd party vendors too as they need to purchase through Disney. Many have tried what you did in the past with the same results.

While tickets appeared to be available on a third party website, the transaction cannot be completed.

Yea, I already mentioned that, but like I said - there is zero harm in trying.

Although we've secured our tickets for 31/10. some of our party haven't, which is obviously on them. Historically do extra tickets go on sale at any point between now and then?

Its not a guarantee, but they may help out at the kiosk at the park if indeed some of the party didn't get tickets. The odds are low of it working, but it is worth a shot.

Tinfoil hat on, but I can't help but wonder if Disney has lowered the attendance cap so that some parties will sell out sooner, increasing FOMO for the remaining dates. The last party we went to, in 2022, was on a Thursday near Halloween and if memory serves it was absolutely packed. We ended up watching the fireworks from behind the castle over by Gaston's tavern just to not be in an insane crush of people. If they lower the cap, the overall guest experience would be better and parties will sell out quickly, making it look like the post-Covid travel slouch is fictional and demand is as high as ever. People will lock in hotels and other travel plans sooner once they buy their MNSSHP tickets, so maybe they would not have to discount the hotels in the fall as much too.

In any case there are no parties the two nights before our DCL cruise in October, so we won't be going to a party this year, and I don't mind. My kids and especially my DH start flagging right after the fireworks so it's hard to get our money's worth in terms of park time, even though the kids do really enjoy the special entertainment like Boo to You and trick or treating. We haven't seen Happily Ever After since 2019 so it will be nice to see it again.

There are some instances where guests have been allowed to add additional tickets to their existing party when a guest is part of their Friends and Family list but, there is no guarantee and others have been unsuccessful when making this request.

I would not depend on being allowed to add an additional ticket but at the same time it can be worth at least asking as it has sometimes been granted in the past.

If I am in the park anyway (park hopper ticket) until what time can I book/use LL? 7PM?

If I am in the park anyway (park hopper ticket) until what time can I book/use LL? 7PM?
Tended to start ushering people out at 6pm in previous years, not so sure what the plan is for this year but doubtful you'll be able to book a VQ for Troy in the evening, think that that is for party guests

I called ticket services this morning to see if I could purchase party tickets for Halloween night and the CM I spoke to confirmed they were sold out. She was surprised they were sold out this early and had to double check. She said she expects the dates around Halloween to sell out faster now. So if anyone was on the fence about purchasing them, don’t make the same mistake I did by waiting!

There are some instances where guests have been allowed to add additional tickets to their existing party when a guest is part of their Friends and Family list but, there is no guarantee and others have been unsuccessful when making this request.

I would not depend on being allowed to add an additional ticket but at the same time it can be worth at least asking as it has sometimes been granted in the past.
A ticket agent once told me that under certain circumstances they will sometimes allow guests to exchange their purchased party tickets for a different night or for a future party event. Those previously purchased tickets become a stash of sorts for holding at the gate for situations where most of a group or family has tickets but an additional family member or friend wants to join them and didn't get a ticket before sell out. If that's accurate then sometimes the gate is holding back a small amount of tickets for just this instance. Definitely not something to count on though.

Will you have a MNSSHP ticket or, just a day ticket? Park closes to day guests. I don't believe they offer LL after 6PM so final LL window to the best of my understanding is 5PM - 6PM. G+ is not available during party hours.

I can't believe it. We have been talking about going to the Halloween party on Halloween for months and I knew that it hadn't sold out until July in previous years so I was in no huge rush and things got crazy at work this week and I'm just seeing this news. It is the only date that works. Everyone is going to be so disappointed. 😭

I saw that come across my news feed yesterday about Halloween selling out and I was shocked that it happened so quickly.

I have been dragging my feet about getting tickets for 10/10 or 10/11...how quickly do we think the other parties will sell out? I'm guessing the first night will be the next to sell out!?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter