• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2023 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Yuletide Joy

Eagerly waiting for more info on both MVMCP and JWN. My mom and I will be in WDW 11/11-11/15 on our first trip as DVC members (and my first trip as an AP), and we're doing the very first JWN party on 11/11 and MVMCP on 11/13.

Not exactly a MVMCP question but….. outside of the party, do any of the characters dress up for Christmas at the character meals?

Yes, Hollywood & Vine (HS). They offer Holiday Dine for Christmas which starts on November 8, 2023. This is the only character meal that is 100% fully themed for the holidays. In the past characters have included Minnie, Mickey, Pluto, and Santa Goofy.

1692401495662.png

Check out Post #6 - Holiday Happenings
Holiday events around Walt Disney World & Characters

We're excited to be planning for two Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parties this year. We thought about the Studios event, but decided to keep our focus on MVMCP. We also looking forward to details on this year's Candlelight Processional.

I have an annual pass so I decided to go by myself to the Christmas party to start off the christmas season in the beginning of December even though I already have a trip with others in October.

Im realizing the flaws of my plan lol...even with an annual pass it's expensive. The Christmas party ticket is $200 or so and $200 or so a night even at pop century for 3 nights (Fri/Sat/Sun). Then flights. So all in all like a $1000 trip. The annual pass helps but maybe I was too hasty <_<

Do we know if things like virtual queue still works during parties? Was wondering if Tron would be available for that during the evening.

Is it crazy to do 2 parties?

I fly in on the 9th of November. I currently have Jollywood Nights for the 11th and Christmas on the 13th with family. I would be solo if I went on the 9th. I have never done a party not solo before. And I know I will be a tour guide for the 13th family party.

I will be getting into Orlando and on property by around noon. So I am not overly worried about timing. I will say that I generally enter for the party after 5pm to avoid the crush of waiting for 4pm.

I fly in on the 9th of November. I currently have Jollywood Nights for the 11th and Christmas on the 13th with family. I would be solo if I went on the 9th. I have never done a party not solo before. And I know I will be a tour guide for the 13th family party.

I will be getting into Orlando and on property by around noon. So I am not overly worried about timing. I will say that I generally enter for the party after 5pm to avoid the crush of waiting for 4pm.

If it's in your budget, why not? You'll be able to get more done and can focus only on what *you* want to do at the solo party vs. catering to a group at the family party.

I'm also doing Jollywood Nights on the 11th and MVMCP on the 13th!

Our family is doing two MVMCPs. Christmas is our favorite time of the year!

Sorry if asked in this 15 page thread, but what are thoughts of bringing an 11-month-old to the party? Worth it from pas experience?

If I purchase tickets and select a paper ticket to be mailed, will it also show up in MDE or do I will I have to wait until I get the physical ticket to link it? Anyone know?

If I purchase tickets and select a paper ticket to be mailed, will it also show up in MDE or do I will I have to wait until I get the physical ticket to link it? Anyone know?

It will show up in MDE. Well you'll have to link your confirmation number first, but then it will.

Follow up to the MVMCP tickets being on MDE: If I see the tickets listed on the app, does that mean they will be linked on the Magic Bands and we won't have to bring the physical tickets to the park?

Follow up to the MVMCP tickets being on MDE: If I see the tickets listed on the app, does that mean they will be linked on the Magic Bands and we won't have to bring the physical tickets to the park?

Correct. Every ticket that you have linked in MDE will work with your Magic Band.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter