• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2023 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Yuletide Joy

Every year, I see Sams, Costco and others selling tics at maybe a 5-10 per tic discount. Is there any advantage at all to buying full price from WDW directly? (I'm not DVC, AP or military, so don't get any WDW discounts.) Like if something happens and you need to change dates, would WDW be more accommodating vs buying via 3rd party?

I read that the last parties are typically the first to sell out. I am aiming to go to one of the Dec 10-14 parties. Realistically, when should I purchase those tickets? I probably won’t know until later this summer who all in my family will be attending.

I read that the last parties are typically the first to sell out. I am aiming to go to one of the Dec 10-14 parties. Realistically, when should I purchase those tickets? I probably won’t know until later this summer who all in my family will be attending.
Each year has been different. You can look back at past threads to see sold out dates. See page 1, post #8 - Ghosts of Christmas Past, with all of the old MVMCP threads. Last year was different since there had not been parties for 2 years - all dates sold out & many earlier than in years past.

Last edited:
I think I know the answer to this, but I wanted to confirm, we do not need a regular park ticket in addition to the MVMCP tickets, do we? For example, if we're planning on going on our rest day, and only want to go to the party, can we only get the MVMCP ticket and show up when they start? Or is a regular admission ticket necessary?

I think I know the answer to this, but I wanted to confirm, we do not need a regular park ticket in addition to the MVMCP tickets, do we? For example, if we're planning on going on our rest day, and only want to go to the party, can we only get the MVMCP ticket and show up when they start? Or is a regular admission ticket necessary?
All you need is the party ticket, as long as you don't try to enter the park before the designated time (usually 4 PM) for admission with party tickets.

All you need is the party ticket, as long as you don't try to enter the park before the designated time (usually 4 PM) for admission with party tickets.
Great!! Thank you so much for confirming! We have a trip scheduled for December, and would love to be able to squeeze this in!

Are you able to utilize Genie+ or ILL$ with a party ticket?

While you may be able to purchase it (I’ve heard conflicting reports) you only have from 4pm-6pm to utilize it, basically making it not worth it. There won’t be any G+ or ILL slots after 6pm, as they start checking for wristbands and herding all non-party guests to the front of the park. The MDE app stops showing wait times at 6pm as well, and won’t show them until after 7 (for party guests only).

The good news is standby wait times are usually pretty good during the party, especially parade time, fireworks time, and end of the night.

While you may be able to purchase it (I’ve heard conflicting reports) you only have from 4pm-6pm to utilize it, basically making it not worth it. There won’t be any G+ or ILL slots after 6pm, as they start checking for wristbands and herding all non-party guests to the front of the park. The MDE app stops showing wait times at 6pm as well, and won’t show them until after 7 (for party guests only).

The good news is standby wait times are usually pretty good during the party, especially parade time, fireworks time, and end of the night.
My initial thinking was that I could strategically stack rides throughout the morning for return times between 4-6pm.

That was the only reference i saw. Since I'm wanting tickets for the 21st - I figure I'm budgeting on the $199.

I don't know what date(s) you are looking at - but here is how the dates/prices broke down last year.View attachment 768838

©Disney

I'm looking at 11/19, so that's either $159 or $179 based on this chart. Probably the $179.

This is perfect. Right in the middle of our trip! Definitely going.

Thanks for putting this together.

Thank you for this thread!
As soon as I saw it was announced to be happening, I was hoping here would be a good place to get information.

This will be my first time trying for something like this and I made sure I don't have to work the day tickets are released.

I am hoping sooner rather than later that the time tickets are released on the 29th will be available.

I am ready to be up at 11:45 pm for a midnight drop.

Does anyone know what happens to the Extended Magic Hours at MK for the week of Thanksgiving? There is a party on Wednesday that week, which is normally when EM would occur. I don't think that was the case in 2022, so I don't have a good source to compare.

FYI last year we attended MVMCP with a family member who only had the event ticket

We arrived at gate ‘early’ 3:15 pm. The line went down the walkway to end of bus platform toward BLT & doubled back. This was first week in December a weekday party

Line moved faster than expected, inside a little after 4:30 pm.

Yes, people did try to cut line🤬. Crowd
Wasn’t having it

Thank you for this thread!
As soon as I saw it was announced to be happening, I was hoping here would be a good place to get information.

This will be my first time trying for something like this and I made sure I don't have to work the day tickets are released.

I am hoping sooner rather than later that the time tickets are released on the 29th will be available.

I am ready to be up at 11:45 pm for a midnight drop.

Most likely will be midnight as that is when the Halloween party tickets dropped.

I'm looking at 11/19, so that's either $159 or $179 based on this chart. Probably the $179.

I certainly don't KNOW for sure. But I would go for the $179. As last year 11/20th was on a Sunday, and you are going on 11/19th - which is Sunday also. Just a guess based on the date/day of the week - again, no real insight.

Does anyone know if you can change dates after booking?
We are hoping to do the 11/26 party but if the Candlelight Processional Narrator is someone we really want to see, we may need to move our party dates.

Does anyone know if you can change dates after booking?
We are hoping to do the 11/26 party but if the Candlelight Processional Narrator is someone we really want to see, we may need to move our party dates.
Officially, "tickets are nontransferable and nonrefundable."

Unofficially, if the new night you want to attend MVMCP is still available and actively being sold, you can call ticketing and it should be swapped easily. If the new night is more expensive you will pay the difference. If the new night is cheaper you most likely will not get a refund, but it doesn't hurt to ask, even if it's via Disney gift card.

I have a feeling that will be the case as well. I am prepared to be up that late to snag tickets!

Just want to make sure I'm following. I've bought tickets to MVMCP before, but I don't remember them going right away so never worried about timing. But, if they drop at midnight - it would basically be 12:01 am on June 29th?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter